SC5000M Custom platters - let's see them!

3 Likes

you can find them here:

https://www.12inchskinz.com/denon-sc6000-skinz/

1 Like

Does anyone know if the Rane one platters fit? They even have the two little pins at the bottom that line up with the controller. But the size is 7.2" where it says 7" for the sc5000m ones.

I really like the legacy turntable look of them.

3 Likes

Was wondering the same thing. Would love to see they platters on my M’s

1 Like

They won’t fit on the 5000m because of that led ring. However it looks to be the perfect fit for the 6000m though. And if someone wants to fit a bigger top platter to their rane one could probably use the 6000m platter.

If this is the case and it works we might see 6000m owners give up a little platter space for looks.

Ahh. The led ring I’ve grown to dislike due to how bright they are and horrible they look in the dark. Yet another reason for me to dislike it lol.

im awaiting rane (inmusic) to open the parts dept so i can do justice to the 6kms platter look lol

These look super clean. I also painted my knobs black. I have a spare part NS7 laying around. Never thought about doing this swap

Someone has posted this on Facebook

InMusic you need to sell those platters independently !!! The sc6000m with the Rane One platter looks sexy as hell :star_struck:

And the Rane One with the sc6000m platter just brings the mobile thing to another level with no size compromises !

9 Likes

I would buy them if they were available.

link to where to got the green from ? have my sc5000m on order & i love these you got

so you have 3900’s and the 5000m’s ?

so you can take off the sc5000m’s platters and replace with the ones for an NS7 ? if so awesome as im getting ready to buy some sc5000m’s but dont really like the look at that metal platter either

Hi, I bought them on eBay and drilled the holes to to fit/screw them correctly. The green vinyl records are by some band called “Wilt” & there are 3 on eBay in the United Kingdom as I write this, but from different sellers. search for Wilt - no worries. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hello

Yes I do have the SC3900s with clear blue vinyls (boxed back up now), Also got technics 1210s which I bought back in 1997 & are still running strong…the 1210s are rigged to a mixmachines Vinyltouch unit so I can play records at any speed without affecting the musical key. Also got 2 boxed never used 1210s I got around 2002/2003, A bunch of drum machines and samplers whilst I am bragging. Mostly just use the denons for mixing and slowly trying to convert my vinyl to digital. The SC5000M are still fun and I will stick with them and not go for the SC6000M.

1 Like

help a fellow dj on the fence :upside_down_face: i come from turntables started in 1983… all my controllers have been spinning platters. had my Denon Sc3900’s for like 5 years or so… i sold them (big regret) and got an denon Mc7000 to be more portable. but now im missing spinning platters. my fence is order some new Sc5000m’s or grab two sc3900’s im watching on ebay lol i know the new prime and new tech is all the rave BUT that 9’’ platter is nice to spin on

1 Like

SC5000 all day long

3 Likes

Hey calling Tyme. I must admit, a nine inch disc feels more like 12" then a 7" & 9 inch SC3900 feels better (IM SURE MOST GIRLS AGREE AT LEAST) for scratching... The thing is the 7 platter on the sc5000m still performs for me and the deck does so much more, the reason I have not gone for the SC6000M is it does little more than the SC5000M, I do agree scratching on the old SC3900 does feel more intouch if thats your point? Or jst more like a real deck? I have old 7" vinyls so the smaller the disc does not bother me very much and to be honest I scratch on my digitals not to often. Vinyl is better for scrathing but I still like a rotating platter for pushing or pulling a track into time then a button that does the same…old skool mind on modern decks I guess? At mrtyme…are you UK or USA?? I am south UK and if UK too we could meet after lockdown to discuss playing out. I also have tracks and tunes of my own on verious equipment and have been DJ-ing many years,was gonna put up the head phones but like a sleaford mod wanna drop when I drop. I have done parties all over south uk and not actually played out for about 8-10 years but never stopped producing and mixing TC and never stop.

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply back…I’m in the US and I think ima get the sc5000m’s :wink: to future prof my gear…

2 Likes