SC5000M Custom platters - let's see them!

Followed the advice of the fella in this thread and also changed the spindles… Ill be putting the NS7ii platters on in the next few weeks. Skins and platter/vinyl all from 12inchSkinz

7 Likes

That looks dope. Who did your skins?

1 Like

That explains

1 Like

That looks sweet, some nice new caps too 8)

Whoops. Haha. I cant get an email back from 12inchskinz anyway. :-/

Received my rane one platters today from inmusic. Fits nice. I’m playing around with what to have on top. Will upload once completed but for now look at these ‘bad bois’

7 Likes

That’s dope like super dope

I wander if they fit also on SC5000’s

1 Like

Thanks. I’m loving the look.

Need to find that special something to fit for the vinyl replacement. Im hunting for that nice feel 7" vinyl or at least 2 discs from the same label pressed around the same year so the compersite and cut matches. I can put custom stickers in the middle so I don’t care about the label print.

Looks awesome! How much did you pay for those platters (if you don’t mind asking)?

I’m unsure if they will fit the sc5000m. I wouldn’t want to say yes 100% but they prob would but it could be a bit bigger around the circumference over the sc5000m platter…!!! Could be too snug?

I paid £150 for the pair inc delivery here in the UK. Bit steep but I think it’s money well spent.

1 Like

I took a gamble if they would fit mind… Lucky for me they did. I thought if they didn’t fit I’d make some clocks with vinyls on for decoration :+1:

Nothing $20 and a machine shop couldn’t fix. You’ve convinced me to buy an M now.

Im interested if the Rane one platters will fit the 5000M as well. They cost $91 a piece and the 8" acrylic is $60 a piece.

Can you measure at your convenience the ring light diameter, that will give us an idea how well the Rane One platter will fit the 5000M, Thanks

They won’t fit the 5000m however the vinyl that came with the 5000m might do

Sure. I’m at work now but will measure when I’m home and let you know.

As for the acrylic disc I made some tempary templates until I find something better.

3 Likes

Man that’s dope ! I have the Rane One but I prefer the larger SC6000M platters, so if someone in France is interested I will be pleased by making a exchange :blush:.

Do they sell Denon SC6000M platters in the shop where you’ve bought those platters ?

I’m someone on here will be happy to trade platters with you.

However if you contact inmusic they will provide you with the parts from the 6000m. You’d need the all the assembly and slipmatts…unless you make your own discs etc.

Seriously ??? Man let’s go in private messages to make this trade tho’