Prime 4 standalone player/ controller

It’s asrounding that ‘prime’ only has 5 letters in it and it’s an important branding to get out there and into peoples heads yet some peeps are already not bothering to type the R, the I, the M or the E.

If we like this system, let’s keep the Prime name in the mentions yay!!!

Then you will be happy to see Crate/Playlist management directly on the devices :slight_smile:

3 Likes

absolutely :grin:

Ohhhhhhhhh yes! :yum:

Thanks for the answers :slight_smile:

Then I´ll just hope youl´ll find some other way to make it work somehow like that serato/vdj-feature.

Can you also shed some light on the activation of pre-defined loops, @JWiLL - will this work the old way again, where you can activate the loops before pressing play? (P4 and SC5000)

Best regards Kim

2 Likes

I hope you doing this bpm algorithm improvement with various types of mainstream tracks. I think that’s the one EP struggles with. Its alright with house and edm stuff as there is usually well defined beat intros. 4 x 4

If you want maybe we can send tracks over for you to test with.

1 Like

can you use serato & a usb at the same time? For example let’s say serato playing on channel 2 and I want to use the USB Channel 1 at the same time. Like for DJ change over

Logic says no. Serato will only be working if Prime4 is in controller mode, like the SC’s.

1 Like

I was hoping it was different then my SC5000 I was ready to go buy the prime 4. that’s a deal breaker for me

I wanted to be like the mcx8000 where you can use serato on one channel and play music from a USB on a different channel at the same time. I don’t need it to a just the beat grid just to be able to use my laptop and the USB at the same time

Don’t take my word for it. Let’s wait for an official answer.

You’re right it’s going to work in controller mode just hoping they can do something different like theMCX8000

Do we have a complete list of features to compare the Prime 4 to the Sc5000 + X1800 kit? Surely there’s a perk to the now $2,999 kit versus the single unit for nearly half price, right? I have not yet found a list to see for myself yet.

I ask because in other product lines, like Roland Aira, they release a “flagship” DJ808 and soon after their “mid level” Dj505 comes out with twice the # of drum voices per kit… So the owners of the nicer box end up with a 4-voice drum box and the cheaper units have double. I would just like to verify that Denon didn’t add cooler, newer features to the Prime4 & forget that the SC/X combo should be “flagship” feature-rich still.

As soon as you get one of these …

In a world where people are asking for more, more, more info On-screen, every few hours, it seems, you just follow your anti-everyone else response mode. :scream:

1 Like

Why is this logical? I would say this could be handled by the internal software on a per deck basis. But only Denon choose to restrict it to a special controller mode.

How cool would it be if on this device you could play stand alone on channels 1 and 2, while having your Serato (or Traktor or Virtual DJ) software ready at your fingertips on channels 3 and 4?

The same goes for the SC5000, only there you want to have standalone on deck A, while you have your DJ software ond deck B.

This sounds almost as a perfect setup for me: best of both worlds.

To make this complete Denon could add Ableton link to sync all connected software and devices (don’t forget the Akai Force as well!!!) together.

All of the above sounds more logical to me.

1 Like

Sometimes information that is not needed can be distracting. I find it impossible to ignore the BPM and phase display when matching beats acoustically :wink:.

Hiding different pieces of information on the Prime devices would require a complex setup procedure. Each and everyone will have different needs and wishes. Probably not many people would use this feature either. So I doubt Denon will ever implement something like this. But for me such a feature would make sense :slightly_smiling_face:. In fact, I have taped of buttons on the SC5000 which I don’t use during a set.

1 Like

Have you got any tape left for the display? :star_struck:

It is logical, because that’s the way it is now on an SC and Prime4 is still an Engine device… Sketching Utopia is not logical reasoning.

What you want is a fine proposition and I’m certainly not saying it would be impossible, but logic dictates controller mode. :wink:

1 Like

I want the ability to lock it out, too, and force DJs and student DJs from changing it. House rules.

Unfortunately not. Used it up taping commercials on the TV :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, I feel the strength of a display is its ability to display information depending on context. I would require some magical tape that can disappear when browsing for tracks or doing other stuff.