Prime 4 standalone player/ controller

Ah, now I get what you were saying: you expect it to work that way, because of Denon’s choice for a strict controller mode on SC5K

I was more saying that I think Denon’s choice for a separate controller mode is not logical.

On the SC5K, with 2 independent decks, why would you restrict the use of that? It makes more sense to let the user choose per deck (A/B) or in the case of the mixer per channel what source he wants to use. On the X1600 Denon used to offer functionality like this: there was a simpel button to switch controllers of a channel between hardwaremixing and MIDI mode independent of the other channels.

On the Prime 4, this would be even easier to allow this in software.

1 Like

Interesting. That Hanpins are all actually like that.

What Hanpins? I only know their turntables.

Reloop RMP, Stanton CMP, American Audio Radius/Versadeck, Akiyama, Citronic, DJ Tech, and several other brandings all have standalone separates and all-in-ones made by Hanpin. WAV and MP3. All linkable. All switchable on-the-fly between USB drives and MIDI. Flat, dynamic audio responses. No false touch on the platters. Pretty darn glitch free… never had a freezing or spontaneous rebooting. I’ve owned DJ Tech, Stanton, and ADJ brandings of them, in addition to the vinyl turntables we all know.

Can somebody move this thread to the Prime 4 section, please?

changed for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just general generic OEM cheapy re-badges