Prime 4 standalone player/ controller

I know there´s no separate Forum for the new Prime 4, but must say :

DAMN it looks awesome. Great job Denon!

3 Likes

Have to agree - it looks like a killer unit! Hopefully there’s a major update to Engine Prime that comes with it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Denon DJ Instagram story has pics :smiley:

1 Like

Looks like a real killer - lets hope they have a greeat pricesetup so they “somehow” can match the RX2… (I know here´s more features and channels)

But this could really move some people if Denon gets it right.

And yes, hopefully the upcoming sw-update will kick ### as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All I’m waiting for is the Engine software update that will accompany this new hardware.

10 Likes

Hope that they have fixed:

• Flexible beatgrid
  • Rate-on-the-fly
  • Activation of pre-defined loops
  • Comment search

Thats ´bout all I´m asking for… One can only hope…

6 Likes

Hope the ugly vertical waveforms are switchable to nice wide horizontals.

Shame all the midi controls have to be sticking up behind each deck too.

Even with the niggles, it looks really good.

Ey ey ey ey ey ey eyyyyyyy :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

It’s official ladies and gents. It looks like a beast. Sweet price point I think.

Can we start beta testing the new Firmware/Software?

2 Likes

Holy. Holy. HOLY SMOKES!!! They made what I’ve been wanting!!! Videos up!!! Go check em!!! Well we see Denon has been pretty busy! :yum:

2 Likes

And gosh hopefully we’re seeing stuff coming in upcoming firmware for our sc5000!!! So watch features video!!!

I only wish they would’ve kept the pads layout the same. Maybe make the pads a touch bigger but the same layout as I’ve come to really like that layout better than the Serato styled pads on everything else!

Says has “USB keyboard support” This is interesting!

When do I get to start hiding on screen info on any of this prime stuff? That’s the big thing they’re missing over VDJ and Traktor, IMO. They’re finally turnkey-style gear that does everything else without the laptop hassle. At least on the separate flagship players, pretty please. That’s a feature bracketing instance that’d work to differentiate them from the all-in-one. Pair the SC5000 series players with a rotary mixer, training wheels & cheat on screen info hidden and locked out – sounds like my kind of DJ heaven. Get the Prime 4, sorry, you’re stuck in perpetual newb mode. Come on, those of us who spent money on the separates need something, too, and we’re so easy to appease it’s in the form of less :slight_smile:

I saw on one of their facebook post the comments and rating section was displayed with the rest blurred, so I think they’re listening to comment / rating

1 Like

And woah, looks like X1800 and SC5000 (and SC5000M) prices are now officially permanently lowered!!! $999.00 and $1499.00 respectfully.

Needless to say, I know they sold pretty well at this price so they’re happy to keep it going.

nothing is known yet of the sale date the truth I am very interested in this team a real leap to evolution thanks denondj team​:muscle::sunglasses:

these 4 things are exactly what we need on the sc5000s and the update to engine software!

dude don’t understand if you don’t want screen & mix with vinyl no ? or buy old stuff from 2000

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t like seeing bpms and moving waveforms. I come from vinyl. Want the option of making it old school like I can do in VDJ and Traktor. I also want the ability to lock that stuff out and disable sync with owner lockout using the serial number underneath the unit for tutoring purposes and stuck up venue installs.

Sometime i think you are really strange @Reticuli :thinking:

1 Like