Official Virtual DJ Compatibility is Here!

I’m going to give this a test Sharpish.

I buy most softwares I use regularly and also some infrequently used ones.

I tested rekordbox for 30 days and bought a licence subsequently.

InMusic used to have a nice little LE edition of VDJ they’d bundle with products, and I think at one point were renaming this version under license from Atomix as “Cue.”

He speaks like someone who has a MAGNIFICENTLY manicured yard that most homeowners would die for! LOL (just kidding)

To your point, I would be happy to pay for a product/service if it adds value. Unfortunately, under these times of pandemic, we had to limit my spending. We as a company decided to cancel subscriptions for record pools, karoake providers, and gaming software providers until this thing passes.

I’m even considering getting rid of lesser use equipment on our shelves (lights, mixing boards, monitors, projectors, etc.).

No gigs, no need.

The yard the rest of us dream of ha.

Ok. Free trial is working

OMG

Virtual DJ is fire :fire:

Denon and Virtual DJ knocked this integration outta the park.

I’ve got a fierce headache just looking at the plethora of settings in Virtual DJ

Missed the cut off to cancel one of my quarterly subscription, nearly lost my mind. Times are hard.

1 Like

I own several(!) Traktor licenses, a rekordbox DJ license and a certain amount of devices tied to either software eco system. I’m not looking for freebies. Just wouldn’t spend 299 to just “check out” software only to end up not liking it. When I use stuff, I pay for it :slight_smile:

No, you were looking for a home license! :grinning:

There’s the 10 minute use with hardware, there’s the monthly subscription, there’s the 30 day trial. Plenty of opportunity to “try before you buy”.

Okay, so now you REALLY sparked my interest. I’m going to check it out tomorrow. The latest VDJ release is getting the attention of some of the most hardcore Serato & Rekordbox fans.

Thanks for sharing the video :+1:

2 Likes

Plug in your setup. The 30 days trial starts. Good to Go.

Shout out to @PKtheDJ for the connect

Actually, I was looking for nothing! I only tried to help someone out. I’m not interested in VDJ, at all.

And even if I was looking for a home license - how’s the $99 free?

…which wasn’t immediately obvious from your post. You started it with I, and there was no reply arrow.

Your loss.

I didn’t say it was.

I did the vdj free trial before. It’s ok👌 But I wouldn’t spend $299 for it. I bit the bullet and bought an akai amx for $99 cad and got Serato with it. With the amx the sc5000m works nicely with serato. Good to see the primes working nice with vdj also.

Just a quick heads up for anyone testing out vdj stems (its a fun feature btw), it saves a .vdjstems file on your drive.

You can rename it to end in .mp4 and bounce it to a daw or audacity to create edits eg aca in, aca out etc.

the .vdjstems files are almost same size if not larger than the original audio file, so if you go and pre-compute (analyse your entire library for stems) you should be wary of storage space on the source drive.

It only does this if you set VDJ to precompute stems. Otherwise it does the analysis live when you load every track and doesn’t store anything.

The files are not like Traktor stems. They only contain the separated parts, not the original. They’re larger than the original because they’re multi channel files.

To my knowledge Traktor stems are also multi channel m4a files, which you could separate if you’d really want to.

Never liked the (Traktor) stems btw, but it’s a cool feature. Certainly real-time like VDJ and Djay both do.

What I mean is - Traktor stems contain the main track plus the parts. The VDJ files only contain the parts.

I think the idea was great. NI’s failure to establish an open system (that would be adopted by other manufacturers) didn’t really help put pressure on the music industry to release more tracks in that format. In the end, there were a few obscure tech house releases - not the classic tracks with well-known vocals that everybody hoped to use for live mash-ups.

VDJ’s approach is way better.

2 Likes

The technique that vdj and Algoriddim to build those quasi stem files was around for at least 20 years. Now it’s all digitized into an algorithm.

I set my 5000’s and x1850 up the same way this guide lists, but for some reason am not getting an audio signal from VDJ back to my x1850. I’m gonna try again later, but I can’t help wonder what’s set up wrong.

After Engine DJ 2.2 rolled out, I have officially lost all patience (4 years in) for using this system as standalone. I’m going back to software because of how lackluster the library management is + 2.2 made us lose the parameter < > button feature for cutting loops.

1 Like

@PKtheDJ is the vdj genius