Official Virtual DJ Compatibility is Here!

2.2 added new functionality (Active Loops) for these controls in Saved Loop mode. This was a heavily requested feature and quite useful. You can still use the parameter buttons to halve and double loops in Autoloop pad mode (second press) or use the Autoloop encoder, so there are still two ways to achieve what you want with physical controls.

1 Like

Didn’t even know that was possible. The loop encoder is perfectly fine for cutting loops and probably the most widely used method, anyway.

I’m happy we got active loops in return for losing that.

…except in this case I think it’s best if Bertie requests help on the VDJ forum. Give as much detail as possible. Computer type & spec (inc OS used). VDJ version (inc build). Firmware on the players and mixer. Screen grab of the VDJ audio config.

HIGH :wave: EVERYBODY! I’ve been a die hard stickler vinyl dj since 1980. I made my own tracks so in 2020 jumping into digital DJing was kind of familiar as a producer. I bought a Xone DB4 mixer in 2020 and still use it today. Certain things you can’t change mixing with vinyl like changing keys and how Kool is it to be able play your own tracks, and also taming my expensive record habit was reasons for me to make the digital leap (in 2020) LOL!

I bought my first Cdj 2000 in 2021 (as a vinyl dj) Pioneers Recordbox was easy to prep, never had much problems since I didn’t have CDJ Nexus they were a bit clunky but CDjs worked for what I needed them for since Nexus are crazy expensive. Then looking for all in one unit and P4 outshined most controllers with the ability to hook up a external SSD, being able to stream, 4 decks, record function… were all selling points on obtaining P4.

Okeh, y’all have to admit Denon’s software Engine Dj is horrible. I had tons of encoding problems where on some files couldn’t get the BPM correct, I would reset grid but if tempo is off what’s the point? Doing all this added prep via correcting mp3 tags and tempo adjustments was brutal experience. Then the obvious lack of FX are the worst I’ve ever heard. No post faders and they all sound like the FX are in mono… blah, blah, blah I know there’s tons of complaints already on many forums. I was hoping that these issues would get ironed out as more software updates come in but people were complaining about this when P4 came out, it’s 2022! When I searched for these issues I found out about VDJ integration VDJs FX with P4 AND how you can put any VST plugin into you VDJs plugin folder. The other is the video integration using VDJ… Are you listening Engine Dj people? This takes the cake and plunge. Now I don’t have encoder issues, I have the FX I always wanted and the visual is the icing on cake. I was bummed that turntables plugged in P4 while using VDJ you still don’t get their FX so my work around is rip the vinyl on P4. I figure all of this might be implemented with Engine Dj in future updates but for now I’m definitely using P4 with VDJ.