I cant buy a sc5000m if bpm analysis is not working correctly

came across this video today, it seems a good fit given some of the replys above:

3 Likes

I actually used the SC5000M last nite a friend of mine has the whole set upā€¦before i went to the spot i actually put a couple of crates in my Thumb drive after analyzing them on EPā€¦Now in EP it was detecting some hip hop songs BPM (one of them was B2K Uh HUH for example) at 61-67 for some reason and in reality the BPM was around 101-103 so i manually changed them to the correct BPM (101-103 donā€™t remember the exact BPM) I ejected my drive and went to the bar. When i got there i helped my boy set up and he asked me to try them out I plug in my drive and sure enough the BPMā€™s of the songs i had changed in EP went back to 61-67ā€¦That is very annoying and i donā€™t understand how something this important hasnā€™t gotten a fix from Denon, Itā€™s really leaving a sour taste in DJā€™s who are trying to ā€œChangeTheirRIderā€ this is a serious issue that shouldā€™ve been addressed a long time ago and i donā€™t understand how no one at the trade shows like NAMM has called them out on it. EP is unusable and the SC5000 are aswell if we canā€™t even get the correct BPM to be detected.

1 Like

You probably didnā€™t copy over the crates again after changing them - Iā€™m a hip-hop/RnB DJ as well and have never had this happen.

Hello @andyfoz, we recognize your concern about Engine PRIME softwareā€™s BPM analysis functionality and thanks for your question. This has been an ongoing priority for our software team and they are not only working on improving BPM Analysis, but other software functionality that involves importing your DJ library into Engine PRIME that will be available in future updates.

8 Likes

This is a great response sir.

Iā€™m an open format / hip hop DJ as well and the BPM algorithm is cripling my use of the gear as well.

I hope this improved algorithm is released soon enough.

Regards

2 Likes

Not understanding what you mean so i have to import to my collection then correct the BPM and then add the crate to my TD? But while on the software itā€™s ok because i manually changed it on the hardware it still shows the wrong BPM

are they allready working on manually bpm setting ? hope soā€¦ really in love with the sc5000m but at moment i cant use many of my tracks :frowning: hope it will fixed soonā€¦

1 Like

Guess you can use All of your tracks unless you only dj using Syncā€¦ Then there is a problem :wink:

But yes, the manual BPM correction on-the-fly are a much needed feature.

Manually setting/correcting BPM is also on the Dev Teamā€™s radar. Thanks again everyone for your feedback!

6 Likes

why do you feel the need to mention djing without sync, this deck is all about sync, quantize loops and basically not djing like technics 1210.

theres more to djing than beat matching, the 90ā€™s are long gone son and no medals or trophys are being handed out for beat matchers any longer sorry about that

4 Likes

@andyfoz - just saying/ acknowleding that if a dj rely on sync, then there is a problem qua the bpm analasys. Nothing Else. I startet in the 90s and have No problem using Sync today. (I dont mind that feature)

Just press the layer button to switch the screen to the other layer tht way youā€™ll see almost nothing of the track thatā€™s playing on the other layer

There. Easy

Hah hah hah. And not be able to actually do any control inputs on the layer thatā€™s playing. Is it still April Fools Day?

You said you didnā€™t want it easy

3 Likes

From my point of view BPM analysis is very useful especially for building and organising a playlist. On the creative part, the BPM analysis is useful for setting simple or quantized loops and auto synchronisation (if one choose to use it), but we should keep in mind that music is dynamic with variable BPM and therefore analysis of such files is tricky. For this reason it will be a good practice to set the BPM values in an ID3TAG editor or in a dedicated BPM analysis software. Furthermore, Engine Prime software could be updated with an option to choose between BPM analysis with possibility to select a portion of the track for analysis or reading it from an ID3TAG and cue points editing could be fine tuned to frame resolution by allowing to type in the cue point timeframe position directly.

Hope it will be fixed soon !! Than i can tell everybody these machines Are beasts :slight_smile:

IMO opinion, InMusic should have just made some agreement to use VDJ as their database and analysis software. I recommended that to one of their product managers way back before release. Itā€™s the most open-ended out there with the least restrictions on hardware and way ahead of Rekordbox. Numark previously had some agreement to use it and rename it Cue, after all.

I bet Atomix would love the additional licensing and VDJ users would be more likely turned on by Prime hardware, too. The VDJ databases with embedded analysis info is very compact and portable. It would have freed up resources to concentrate on the players instead of trying to play database software catch up. Think of all the filtering and compatibility options, not to mention analysis and gridding stuff, InMusic still has to develop to equal VDJ.

Atomix could have added a little drag & drop over Ethernet offload function for Primes. HID would be a given with it for planning sets at home and leap ahead with the whole DVS/controller side. Oh well, probably too late, now.

5 Likes

I Keep getting notifications of people liking this post still after all this time, let me be clear i kept the sc5000m for a short period only and lost Ā£700 on the turn around to boot.

They are the best decks around at the moment let down by arguably the worst software around. I took the view that the ā€œmk2ā€ will be out soon and my investiment would plummet even further.

The overiding factor for me personally was the weight, lugging around the full prime set up through busy clubs/Setup and using taxis became tiresome. This coupled with the fact i got no more thanks for using such a set up over various controllers.

On the upside though i had stumbled across the denon mc4000 which i tryed briefly and this intern lead me to the mc7000. I am now using the Denon mc7000 with traktor and DjaY PRO together via the dual usb ports, Absolute killer combo!

1 Like

They aim for ā€œbest in classā€, while I would also want to have it faster (2 years ago red.), I hope it is indeed best in class and mark it ā€œDONEā€.

I believe you can change the notification priority for threads and subforums on here.