I cant buy a sc5000m if bpm analysis is not working correctly

I tell you boss.

I have wild BPM in engine prime that is neither half nor double time. They are also not just offset of the actual BPM. I play open format i.e. charts, hip hop, reggae, rnb etc

I think he is a smart guy. If i had to do it all over again…i will be that guy.

I would make the same choice every time. I loved them from day one and still do, they are head and shoulders better than CDJs and for less money too!

So spend a bit of time correcting them manually in the software. It takes time but you can do it a bit at a time - my collection spans ~8k tracks and I’ve gone through every single one to double check the BPM - yes it took ages and yes it was a pain in the backside but it’s what you have to do until Denon release a fix in a firmware update.

I like the hardware ie the players. I’m on my second pair and bought the mixer as well.

The software is another story.

I appreciate that everything takes time in terms of growth and thats why we are all here providing feedback and frustrations. They are both equally important.

I think its great that the OP is doing his/her research before jumping in. Its quite easy to read the promo details and think hey my traktor/serato/rekordbox collection will work fine only to realise just not quite.

My players and mixer are in my home studio, i dont gig out with them. I just use them to teach my 4 year old son. For gigs i use the bars CDJs/controller with Serato.

Respect! That is a lean mean library…mine is 64k deep and growing weekly lol.

When I play as “DJ < > >” my collection is only four tracks: Nightcrawlers “Push the Feeling On”, Robin S “Show Me Love”, Lil Louis “French Kiss” and Adonis “No Way Back”. Don’t know why you’d even need 8 or especially 64 tracks ( Johnny XDA & @mufasa respectively) . In fact, I remember when “controller” was spelled “comptroller” - and “lazy sync button” meant “the irish”. Times change, I reckon.

1 Like

I’m started out with 700 tracks on usb stick. Even with that amount I feel it’s taking to much time to prep. I’m doing the work 5 times, once in iTunes then Traktor then engine prime then sc5000m then back to engine prime.

Fine, Traktor import is not the greatest but it’s a start. Only if I was able to fully edit grids on the decks then I could forgive.

That I can get on board with - the sooner that can happen the better. Engine Prime is a needless step in my mind.

1 Like

@andyfoz

I think we need more traktor users to chime in. Denon does listen (cause they use their ears lol).

Playing with my deck is like having Traktor dvs in a little box. It’s a fun machine also.

Here hear! Same with loop moving and activating. And library repair missing or moved files retrieval, master/sync assignment etc. Rome wasnt build in a day. We keep faith. Hardware is awesome. #optimusprime

1 Like

Tip: stop duplicating your workflow and just use engine from the start with iTunes import.

You can take out the Traktor and SC5000m back to engine steps.

There’s a lot of possible responses here, but I’ll just say that if I followed your suggestion it would only be a matter of minutes until I asked about turning the Wifi on in my sc5000 so that I can link to my local network easily…though why can’t I just airdrop songs onto the sc5000?..and that old Airport Extreme Base Station should be able to serve all my music files to my sc5000 even when I’m outside my local network because it’s set up to allow me to VPN in (and TCP port is open , etc) so why can’t I get to the Denon? Most importantly will the sc5000 work with my Apple Newton? xoxo, iMatt

I’ll probably end up doing that, it’s just this was my first time trying to figure it out. Traktor is my main setup right now I still mix and practice on it.

Right now I rip my new cds (I still buy cds)as exact copies via itunes to an external drive then make aac copies that I import to Traktor where I grid and set up a hot cue for each track.

Then I make a playlist for what I want on the usb stick, close Traktor and open EP. I refresh the Traktor collection find the playlist and import as crate. Then I drop the crate to the usb stick. Engine does it’s analyzing, everything is on the usb stick, you plug it in to your deck to find the deck analyzes also and changes some things that you can only fix by plugging back into EP.

All my cds that I ripped go to a master collection that is virgin. This is the collection I will start fresh from. In the mean time I thought it was logical to just drop a playlist into ep and all the work in Traktor would be preserved.

It is a lot of work and I don’t think anybody would really like to commit to re-living the hard work that was put into building their original collection.

1 Like

Don’t forget it’s gotta magically work with my iPhone, for real it’s the best place to keep my collection for djing.

1 Like

Not being a Traktor user, and really not trying to take the ■■■■ here, does Traktor not recognise playlists in iTunes? I make all my playlists in there as I’ve had the misfortune of storing them all in serato only for it to crash and lose them later. That way, yes you still have to do the gridding for both pieces of software, but you just drag playlists about in whatever you are using.

But how bout the transferring of cues loops ect.? Apparently for serato users they can just unritualisticaly use their tracks as if using serato.

I wanna commit but the beat detection is kinda holding things up.

Again, forgive the ignorance - is Traktor cross-compatible with serato?

You are forgiven. I don’t know where the question is coming from.

I’ve been working over a week practising and prepping my mini collection for the sc5000m that’s why I’m on the forum a lot lately.

I plan on grabing the x-1800 tomorrow and then see how it all works together. Will be gig’n with the set up on sat maybe.

1 Like

Meaning could you not dump to Serato - Engine and save the cues?

yeh traktor is almost perfect when it comes to beat detection, we are spoilt in that respect. I want to get behind some proper decks and a mixer though and these look as close to traktor as im going to get.

been lurking on here for a while and its an in depth active forum, i likey…

The cues and loops transfer with ep just not the grids too much and I read it’s the same for serato users. I see a lot of options which the the one you mentioned is one of them. But my issue now is that I’m gonna start fresh for both Traktor and EP using my aiffs and and ditch the down converted aac format.

I also plan on buying serato dj + club kit for other djs to plug into just cause most serato djs in my neck of the woods use pioneer controllers and have no clue the that they can only use serato with their controllers.

Where do I start? I think everybody wants a happy system where everything is taken care of in one step. I think this is the heart of the original topic. Managing multiple collections will be irrelevant if beat analysis from all/every software is just a little above par along with full spectrum editing of grids on the deck. What do you guys think?

1 Like