Coming soon: World’s first music streaming capability in standalone DJ hardware

Not useful aid if only the 256kbps

All though some may work with happy for that

As far as I remember, the monthly subscription is:

$14.99 = 128 kbp/s (Beatport Link)

$39.99 = 256 kbp/s (Beatport Link Pro)

$59.99 = 256 kbp/s (Beatport Link Pro+)

This pricing / quality has nothing to do with Denon, but I find the pricing to expensive for that quality.

Its only streaming - you dont own any tracks at this price.

Real? In 2020 ?

128 he was bad back back back in 1990s !

Qoute from their website:

Beatport LINK is a streaming service for DJs that makes Beatport’s extensive electronic music catalog available to stream audio (AAC 128kbps and 256 kbps quality) into LINK subscription enabled devices.

Personally I find their pricing for the streaming function way to high, considering its just streaming. But again, its not Denon´s fault.

And if you are a 100% club-dj, its probably ok to pay 40$ a month to get access to the full Beatport library. As a all-round dj, I´m not in the target-group.

2 Likes

AAC though, not MP3. The AAC algorithm is supposed to be better but I agree, 128kbps is still too low, no matter how good the algorithm is.

3 Likes

Hey good idea for stream service… he should offer free or the cheap 64kbps full track Listen preview for all tracks but he should offers any track then you say you like big with 320kbps or full wav for a pay per good track

Beatport Link is aimed a little more at the DJ who needs a massive collection but on a budget. The “Pro” option is for people using it professionally.

For a fiver more than Spotify or Tidal it isn’t that bad but I would have liked to have seen the bitrate quality on-par with those other streaming services, especially at £15. I think 256kbps would be good.

1 Like

DJs have got it so easy these days.

Complaining about having to pay about £50 per month? Back when we had to buy vinyl or CDs, you could easily spend more than that in a week! You could pay the minimum sub (or more) just to get one track.

Now we have access to millions of tracks for a small monthly fee - and people are complaining about the cost? OK I know you don’t own the music, but do we really need to in these times?

2 Likes

I shudder when I look at my 90s/00s vinyl collection and how much it has cost me over the years.

Pulling random records out of the shelves shows £4.99 to £6.99 on nearly all of them (and some of those are single sided with one track).

You’ve still got the prices on them? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I certainly remember going straight to the record shop on a Friday after being paid (in cash those day) and spending £70 in one go, without feeling guilty about it.

Now my music costs me a fraction of that, for uncompressed WAVs. No crackle, no warped vinyl. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

All those subscription things sums up.

I’ve been dj’ing for the last 25 years, used to be my living back in the days for many many years touring clubs in DK and SE with vinyl and cd cases.

And I simply prefer to own my music and not rely on Streaming :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hudson’s Records in Chesterfield was my haunt where I eagerly parted with around £45 to £50 a week and I’m a little guilty of keeping the shrink wrap on a few with only the edge sliced open to access the vinyl (complete with price tags). Haha.

1 Like

I used to have a £25 a week mail order subscription with 3 Beat; they’d send me about £50’s worth a week, I’d send back the ones I didn’t want. I very rarely sent any back…

Did you use the jeans trick to do this?

1 Like

Ha! Totally forgot about that one. Buying music sure feels different these days.

1 Like

At least you don’t have that issue of listening to an absolute banger in the shop, be buzzing to get it home, put it on the decks and think “they’ve swapped the record, that’s not the one in the shop!!”

Black magic I tells ya…

4 Likes

Yup.

Those was the days!

The days when records were only available in certain quantites, especially imports, and if the guy in front of you bought the last copy, that was it. Even if you reserved it, there was no guarantee it wouldn’t get sold to someone else. :astonished:

No need to worry about that with digital downloads (usually) :+1:

Maybe the record distributors should do that for certain releases today. Not on all tracks but just on some like:

The Almighty bangin’ fingers in pies remix of… only available for download from midnight Thursday until 6pm saturday.

It might make buying music feel better than clicking and it might stir up this everything at our fingertips vanilla-ism of modern DJ ing

It’s now looking as though it won’t happen at all based on email I received Hello Stephen,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm when or if this feature will be added to the Prime 4.

We are aware that this is a highly requested feature and our team is doing its best to incorporate everything the customers feedback to the best way to interact with the Denon DJ team is through the Denon DJ Forum. From here they are able to provide updates on upcoming features, feature requests can be made, and also opportunities to test Beta software will also be made available from time to time.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Chris Baker

Aftersales Advisor

inMusic Europe Ltd

Semms to be typical denon marketing, advertising something then not doing it