Coming soon: World’s first music streaming capability in standalone DJ hardware

Its not that I dont appreciate the things you guys do - I absolutely do.

But people are asking for answers in the post about shipping, and is just getting ignored.

People openly write that they have cancelled their P4 orders and buying Pioneer instead, because of the latest messages they are getting from their dealers. (see screenshots in that post)

You (Denon rep) are busy answering everything else, and promoting new stuff - that doesnt help the guys that waits for the P4 and have been told that it should have been shipped.

So just to be clear… Love the features you are adding, still love my machines…

Thank you for explaining @Engell and glad you do appreciate what we do.

As for responding to shipping, we’ve made regular comments on this but it’s just not feasible to reply to everyone especially when there is no new information.

However, that did change today as the first retailer in the US received their first batch of Prime 4s! Please see my latest post here: PRIME 4, now shipping

Regards J

2 Likes

Hi @Jay_DenonDJ, I am very happy with the recent firmware updates and news of forthcoming innovations, but please understand that a lot of users are demanding this “quantize to the nearest beat” feature! I assume that after a while you get used to the current workflow, BUT it would be GREAT if we had an option to choose between “next” or “nearest”, so I would appreciate if you can comment this issue with the corresponding development team.

Best, ElTitoFranki

2 Likes

Hey @ElTitoFranki, I will pass your suggestion on to the dev team but please note this is not an ‘issue’, it’s user preference :slight_smile:

Regards J

3 Likes

Yes, completely agree :slight_smile:, maybe “issue” was not the correct word here, I was referring to a “feature request” more than “an issue to be resolved”, sorry for my bad english

2 Likes

No problem :slight_smile:

Yes please! It may only be a preference but to me it’s a quality of life setting in the same ballpark of importance as all the other quantise and sync preferences currently available on the unit. It’s currently the main source of fumbles, as I attempt to get used to it. (It was also the most jarring thing when first demoing the unit)

I’m no software developer but one would hope it would be on the easier end of the scale to implement. Easing the transition between platforms isn’t just about library management! I’m hoping you guys can scoop up a lot of other ex-traktor users whilst their current offering is still pretty stale!

2 Likes

How long is this Summer? THX:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

It will be a very looooooooong summer … this year xdd :slight_smile:

1 Like

Summer is officially ending September 20th in the northern hemisphere - every year :wink:

2 Likes

SUmmer hasnt started in Australia and NZ yet.

any news on this one, nights are getting shorter here in the uk…

Hi all, as I hope you all can appreciate the team are thoroughly testing this new feature (along with other features) to ensure it’s not only the best experience possible, but also reliable!

This is another big update for us and we need to get it right. I appreciate you guys are keen to get an update but as most of you’ll know we can’t give a set date to a project that has such a complex testing road map.

Thank you for your patience and we’ll post an update as soon as we’re ready.

Regards J

8 Likes

Thanks @Jay_DenonDJ for all your posts and keeping us informed. Coming from a Pioneer DDJ-SX2 and a M-Audio Xponent before that, I absolutely LOVE my Prime 4. I’m amazed at how much the features on DJ Controllers have evolved over time. Of course there is still room for improvement, specially with Engine Prime software, but I find the hardware to be excellent. Cannot wait to see what is in store for this unit and all the Prime Ecosystem. Please extend my regards to the whole DenonDJ team. Keep up the good work.

3 Likes

I’m liking the Tidal with my Prime 5000s and dumped off my record pool service already from next month, so I’m sort of urgently needing the beta to go to public. But it seems perfectly stable already.

My question is though when are the other three mentioned streaming services going to be making it onto the Prime 5000 ? Especially the Beatport and beatsource streams ? Any news from denon on these other streaming services launch dates for prime?

But why? Remember Pulselocker?

Songs can be pulled from streaming services by labels?

1 Like

We are excited for the moment when we can announce our full support of all previously mentioned Streaming Services on our PRIME Series hardware! We don’t have an exact date for said announcement, but you are in the right place for all updates when they surface. Thank you for your patience while we work hard to make this first-ever standalone wifi streaming experience the best!!

It’s been over 1 year since this was released and still no beatport streaming service, why advise its coming soon and a year later we are still waiting for it :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Seeing how low quality Beatport give to theirs Beatport live musics , I’m not interesting any mores in Beatport

Maybe but very useful