Announcing PRIME 4 & Serato DJ Pro Official Compatibility!

What ur email so I can send it to you mr wilks

1 Like

I’ve let our Dev Team know about this @Willie67, we are looking into it. Standby with information on what steps to take next.

Ok thanks nekoro I wait on that information :+1:

Glad Denon are on the case @Willie67. Hopefully they’ll help as it could just be a setting.

Yea cuz it already worning me out tried all these troubleshooting Crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi all

Ive not updated my Prime 4 yet to the latest Firmware or the software but anyone that as can you tell me hows it going? does it sound and work good and is it better then using standalone.

Hi @Willie67, thank you for your patience. It is recommended that you try reinstalling the PRIME 4 firmware before attempting to use Serato again. If you have another computer or access to one, it’s recommended to try connecting that second computer to your PRIME 4 to see if the same issues occur.

If these troubleshooting steps do not work, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Welcome. I recently bought prime 4. I noticed that Serato 2.3.1 is free for this equipment. The question is whether the serato license covers only one computer? I would like to have a serato at home on a desktop computer and a laptop.

It unlocks Serato Pro when you connect Prime4, so it doesn’t ask for a license. But I presume you need to keep it connected or it will revert to Lite mode.

It will revert to the Offline mode, you will still have access to crates etc. Just think of it like Engine Prime.

Serato Lite is a totally different program.

1 Like

I never use it so bare with me. LOL.

Bought Serato Pro with club kit just to test DVS.

1 Like

Ive installed the new firmware and serato update and all i can say is wow how bad is this. I cant even get it to even load into serato cos it just hangs or crashes and the 1 time it did load i couldnt play a single track. What a terrible update this as been.

Any 1 got any ideas how to fix this???

Edit i got it to work on my Mac but it doesnt work on PC it just loads or crashes and if it does load up none of the keys work. All drivers installed.

Also the CUE volume is way to low on all tracks ive played and there is no way to increase this unless u use the min max knob but then when u mix in its wayyyyy to high. so this new beta firmware and software aint good at all imo and should never have been released.

What is the version of Windows used ???

The prombleme does not come from the Prime 4, but either Serato Dj or the version of Windows 10 used because there have been several updates cumulating bugs … the one that came out in September 2019 and the one in October 2019 .

Windows 10 latest build but its fine im going to wait a bit longer till more fixes come as it works on my Macbook but the Cue volume is way to low and you cant change it.

Bro, how did you do that??? I’ve been having the issue with my P4 not connecting to my SERATO DJ PRO even after getting the latest updates on BOTH, then I bought the SERATO SUITE to NOT have any issues, but STILL… then we hooked up my homies laptops 1 MAC(latest software) connected quick 2 other MACS(older ones) didn’t, my new HP PAVILION GAMING LAPTOP WINDOWS 10 failed to connect even though it DID work with SERATO even with the BETA WIFI 1.4.2 but quit on me and I reverted back to the 1.3.3 ENGINE PRIME with SERATO 2.3.1 but I did try my laptop with a baby NUMARK pocket controller and connected quickly!!! I’m stuck, bro… if you can help me out I’ll be VERY GRATEFUL… THANX

I have this same⬆️ problem with my Windows PC - doesn’t connect to Prime 4 to use Serato. I can see my Serato library but can’t control it on my PC. My Mac was working fine until I accidentally updated to Catalina now it doesn’t do anything when I push play.

Here are the versions of Windows updates to uninstall:

1 - Patch KB4512941: www.phonandroid.com

2 - Fix KB4517389: www.phonandroid.com

Another concern encountered since the new mount of November V1909 if Serato Dj does not detect devices connectivity, it will uninstall Quicktime (Serato installs automatically) and normally everything should work

I have installed the latest versions of both the SERATO & ENGINE PRIME softwares and since the beta1.4 isn’t a beta version anymore,it SHOULD work…right!!!well,anyhow…I was finally told by DENON that the issue was with SERATO NOT DENON because it(SERATO) doesn’t support my laptop’s processor an AMD RYZEN 5 RADEON PROCESSOR…

Unfortunately a good part of the softwares (Traktor, Rekordbox, Serato …) do not recommend computers with AMD processors.

2 Likes

Hi, sorry for you but you should use mac laptops or iMacs instead of Pc to Djing or make music. Since I’ve switched there no problem anymore (except software bugs :wink:)

On Pc (that was my job) you always have windows pbs, drivers pb, third part problems…

Since 1.4 version Prime4 is stable, wifi works well (with short range) Serato works surprisingly well, engine too… We just need upgrades for missing functions

2 Likes