Announcing PRIME 4 & Serato DJ Pro Official Compatibility!

As others have said, I had to bite the bullet and buy a used but good Mac specifically to DJ and other music production duties.

I know us suggesting you buy a mac is a very “First World problem” type of thing, but it truly saved many of us days of agony trying to hack together a workable windows solution.

I make my living with windows machines and hardware, but acknowledge that the Mac OS …JUST Works for it’s intended purpose. Really a version of Unix, but who cares.

Buy a cheap Mac if possible, issues completely gone.

However, the Prime 4 is supposed to eliminate many of these annoyances in stand alone mode, if you can get by with their cataloging system and Engine Prime.

am i mistaking or do i have to downgrade 1.4 firmware to 1.3.3 to be able to use serato on my p4 ? because over here on latest firmware it doesn t work at all?

Nope It works very well on 1.4 But it needs at least serato 2.3.1 I think

Hi is anyone experiencing issues with the jog wheel while using serato Dj Pro wit Denon Prime 4. I am unable to spin back the wheel in real time its very slow and Missing very much off

Hi @lennox.lgentertainme - Do the platters also behave this way in standalone mode or just when used with Serato DJ?

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Could you explain a bit more or provide a video?

Are the Serato to Denon Prime 4 mapping controls documented anywhere? I’d like to learn exactly how each bit of Serato functionality is mapped in Prime 4.

Doh! Managed to find this:

There’s a link at the lower right hand part of the page.

https://serato.com/downloads/files/148897/Denon+DJ+Prime+4+Serato+DJ+Pro+Quick+Start+Guide.pdf

Can anybody shed any light on this Prime 4 on 1.4.1 and Serato DJ Pro 2.3.4 prime 4 in controller mode connected to windows 10 pc Open Serato, message to say setting up, Prime 4 screen shows as it should but no control at all. Tried many times in but same issue. Is it 1.41 or am I missing something

Did you download drivers?

Did you have read of this quick start

1 Like

Many thanks mufasa. Read plug & play. Should have thought of that. Thanks again.

1 Like

I was told yes as denon sc5000m does but I’ve checked again and my prime 4 ssd isn’t showimg up in serato.

unfortunately this could be the decision that the PRIME 4 will never be a real all in one. To have the functions of a real DJ software, you will always have to bring your laptop. Adios Engine. I hope that my sensation about the future of Denon software/ OS shall be only a bad dream, but at the moment they are letting the others work.

Yes, I am one of “the others” that Prime let work, without a laptop.

I was never as dependent on laptops as some DJs I’ve seen. If their laptop wouldn’t boot up when they turned up, they went home unpaid or / and un-applauded. While other DJs I’ve seen may well have lost their primary play system and just shrugged and rocked the party with another medium.

I’ve been using primes for 3 years now, notching up over 80 events a year and those aren’t 20 minute to 2 hour “slots”, those where anywhere from 5 hours to all day. Not once was a laptop needed on-stage - and I’m no basic user either. Loops, cues, pad play, key shifting, effects, live requests, regurgitations of mini-sets; faithfully reproduced from the individual tracks as practiced mixes

All the laptop did with engine prime at home was create one big crate with everything in it. Weekly purchases of music I keep adding to a usb flash until it gets full then I create a new monthly crate for those tracks

I Think you got your terminology mixed up in your post earlier. There’s no question that the prime4 is an all in one, - it’s a mixer, it’s decks - that’s all in one. Maybe you were more aiming at splitting hairs over the term stand alone. Yes, until we can slide the live musicians and singers into the back of the prime 4 , it’s out of reach of being standalone yadda yadda yadda

2 Likes

The things are much more easier than your words. A stand alone system with a powerful OS and a top software. End.

It should show…

Thanks for the info. Should and does are two separate things. Mine doesn’t show. External USB shows. Any prime 4 owners confirm that an internal ssd does or doesnt show in serato dj pro?

Give me a minute and I’ll check…

[later] Well that’s great. So glad I don’t use Serato for gigs. I can’t get it to run. I installed it a few days ago and it ran, but now it just shuts straight back down again.

Uninstall/reinstall, still nothing.

This threads got mixed up

Some people are talking about standalone and getting it confused with all-in-one

Others are talking about serato use, which is the very opposite of standalone

All valid discussions but need separate threads

This threads about denon prime 4 and serato right? Which is what we’re talking about.

Bug maybe? I have never used serato before and was just playing around with it. It would be cool if an uodate can get serato to recognise the internal Ssd. Or it may be a prime issue. I’ll log in bug reports and see what happens. Thanks for testing it out.