Announcing PRIME 4 & Serato DJ Pro Official Compatibility!

@DJNDG Just install the beta 1.4 (https://community.enginedj.com/t/download-release-notes-v1-4-prime-series-public-beta-2/) and Serato will also work in that version. I think you was on 1.4 beta before and now on 1.3.3 stable. In 1.3.3 there is no WI-FI. If you want to try both, just reinstall 1.4 beta.

2 Likes

Thank you VERY much for that… I’m gonna try it as soon as I get back to Dallas…

I find I am spending less and less time on serato anyway and more time on stand alone anyway. So this might be a feature or a compatibility that means less and less as time goes on.

Hello @jmanuel10, sorry to hear about your issues with PRIME 4. When you say that the FX Parameter button does not work, do you mean:

-The function of the button (in standalone) will not work?

-The function of the button will not work (with Serato)?

-The button will not light up at all?

Lastly, as a heads up, the FX Parameter button will only light up if the FX Select button to the left of it is on. Are you experiencing these issue with the FX Select button on?

Dear, The button does not light up at all as it should when whole unit is ON. All the buttons of P4 are illuminated, except that one only in the right deck. The same button in de left deck is ok.

Am I crazy (possibly yes) or did I see in the Serato video them mention the Sweep FX on the P4 would still be usable when using Serato? I’m sure that would mean our P4 could be used analog-style which as far as I know we can’t yet. But again, I swear I hear him say you can still use those. Anyone else catch that?

Yup Ok went back and at the 19 min mark he says it!

Mine are dark and not usable for the record. : /

Is there a setting to enable this or did he just let the cat out of the bag and full analog mode is coming soon?!!

1 Like

I updated both serato and prime 4. When i connect them i don’t get the screen on prime 4 to show serato every thing works but the screen show it still trying to connect anybody knows about this need help thxs

1 Like

About the FX Parameter button that does not work, I tried downgrading the firmware to 1.3.2 and then back to 1.3.3 (not USB updater) and the issue is now SOLVED.

Thank you!!!

1 Like

How do u update prime 4 firmware on laptop to prime 4 also unzip file to it thxs

Hello @Willie67, please refer to the Update Instructions on how to update your PRIME 4 via laptop.

-If you are using a Mac, just double click the zip file to unzip.

-If you are using a PC, right click the zip and select the ‘Extract All’ to unzip.

Ok thanks hopefully it will show on my prime 4 screen

Nekoro I have a ?i have the same problem still don’t show on my prime 4 screen with serato my ? Is should I replace the usb cable and if yes what kind of cable u recommend to use on prime 4

@Willie67 A blue USB3 cable came provided with the unit inside the box.

What version of Serato is installed? You can confirm when opening settings in the left bottom corner

What version is your Prime 4? You can confirm by long pressing VIEW to open menu and click Utility, scroll all the way down to Device Info -> Firmware version

1 Like

Also how do you remove usb 1.3.3 firmware on prime 4 so i can do update firmware with the laptop?

Please follow @addie’s advice and questions above @Willie67.

Serato 2.3.1. Denon 1.3.3 both been updated

Awesome @Willie67, lastly please use the blue UBS cable that came with the PRIME 4 when connecting your computer to run controller mode. With both your software and PRIME 4 firmware updated, you should be good to go. Check out our Control Serato DJ Pro with Denon DJ PRIME 4 Overview video to make sure you are on par with the procedure.

Still not showing on prime 4 screen?

Is there a issue with prime 4 control mode also if yes are they gonna fixed it with a new firmware thxs

If your computer is connected with the blue USB cable then open the very latest version of Serato DJ and put the Prime 4 into controller mode (in source you’ll see the little grey computer icon). It should restart and connect after you confirm it.

Does it restart into controller mode?