12” motorized controller

Yeah, I own Reloop RP-8000 MKII. I also had a MKI before that.

Personally, Performance Pad wise though for more serious bashing, I use a Pioneer DDJ XP2. I think other than some basic hot cue bashing, it’s best to not do that near the jog on smaller sized buttons.

And now You see. That’s why pads on RP8000 and SC players and all pro level dj controllers are there where they are.

I’ve hardly ever used controllers, as always been a turntable guy or CDJ’s. I honestly prefer the pads up top as explained above it’s second nature to rest my hand at the bottom.

When I owned Rane Twelve’s I also had the Seventy-Two so always used the pads on the mixer.

And as for my Reloop 8000’s I never turn to “battle mode” as it always seemed weird to me as I learnt to DJ on 1210’s facing the proper way lol.

I see how some may find that strange if they use controllers or SC players, but I think most people who have used CDJ’s for many years will get what I mean.

Pioneer implemented the hot cues up top left older models and now up top center new 3000 model for that reason.

I used cdjs for many years. Even owned 3 sets. Resting an arm under the jog wheel never was my habit.

That’s why many people complain about it - not comfortable to use the hot cues when they are in that positions.

Well, it’s definitely a thing many CDJ users do. Pioneer did their research, so I know I’m not alone. You can watch thousands of CDJ sets online from Pro DJ’s and you will see them resting a hand at the bottom of the CDJ using a finger to nudge the jog wheel forward and backwards

Most CDJ users I know are happy with the buttons moving from top left to top center. By many people do you mean Denon users by any chance?

I know some people obviously won’t be happy, as not everyone can be pleased, but as far as CDJ regulars go I can’t say I’ve seen many complaints other than some Denon regulars on here.

You have to remember Pioneer CDJ’s are HOT CUE only and for those wanting proper pro level full sized performance pads there are dedicated hardware units from Pioneer for that like the XP1 or XP2 I posted above or a dedicated Sampler like the DJS-1000.

And why should I take external device if I got all included already in a deck?

“Proper full sized Performance Pads” would be the main / Sampler / Sample Banks / Dedicated (Different size) Beat Jump Buttons to name a few.

Pretty sure I’ve seen others on here request such devices from Denon.

Something like this below quick ass’ed mock up is what I’d like to see. Perhaps the layout to be better improved, but something along these lines.

[image removed to stop upsetting NoseRiser even though I clearly said it was a quick ass’d mock up ]

It looks rather busy to me, but I suppose that’s where the dedicated Performance Pad Sampler argument comes into play …

I would be happy to just have the ability to control the sc5000 with the Rane 12 mo2

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I think Engine Prime needs to open up to the InMusic/Rane/Numark …

1 Like

You are going overboard with these ideas… think in terms of usability, function, workflow, easy to cary, serve still the proper purpose.

1 Like

:innocent:

If going full size platter, why can’t we go full size performance pads?

I love having full size performance pads, but the industry just needs to look at Native Instruments with the S5, S8, and D2 to see why we won’t see any more pad-focused DJ players. The S4 MK2 continued to outsell the S5 and S8 combined. I haven’t been a rep for some time now, so I don’t have any knowledge on how things are going with the MK3’s.

1 Like

N.I have not been the best at pushing tech, though … everything has been half ass’d from them for years now …

Just about every DJ Controller under the sun these days has full sized performance pads.

Pioneer have dedicated units for it, and Denon currently have no answer for the dedicated units until they put something out themselves or liaise with sister InMusic company Akai for Force/MPC compatibility …

But first they need to address sample banks within EP or just leave it completely to Akai and make some sort of fusion.

You are correct about all modern controllers having full sized pads, but those controllers also have jogwheels.

1 Like

OK? not sure if you’re trying to make a point with that? If so, I don’t get it? :laughing:

If you’re going to go the whole no full sized motorised platter has full sized pads, then OK? But isn’t that the point of the argument for a dedicated unit for them?

Just trying to read what your point is that’s all mate. :thinking:

Mine at the end of the day is if a “Denon DJ 12 motorised platter” is going to have a screen then why not full sized pads and if a design cannot be made within a sensible size then a dedicated unit for the pads is the way to go imo seen as Denon DJ do not offer a Mixer with full sized pads.

Keep in mind, the Rane Twelve’s are supposed to be paired with a Rane mixer that has full sized pads.

I imagined something like this with a folding screen.

This leads nowhere. The full sized everything - do You need to compensate for something being undersized? Rane 72 does not have full sized pads. They are way smaller than on mpc’s or maschine. Anyway - no one ever had a problem with the size of the pads on denon decks. Placement and size is ok. Not for You? But for many it is. Platter - maybe a bit small now compared to rane 12, but still perfectly usable and all scratch techniques can be still performed on it. Stop putting here pioneer products, that we all know and don’t care about. You want a CDJ, go get one. This topic went completely the wrong way now…

2 Likes

Bahahaha are you for real? :rofl:

Talk about totally taking a debate to a personal level, or at least attempting to.

Any time I put a point across, to explain things and how the hardware is different, you had a new excuse that did either not add up or you would change the subject and try to make out what I said was not valid and each time I politely explained why things are how they are or what I thought, you would either go quiet or change the subject, and now you come out with this BS reply.

Clearly I am getting underneath someone’s skin.

If you are incapable of debating with someone about different hardware and habits without trying to insult them, then shame on you.

Thanks for making my night.

LooooL, you missed my point badly and can’t take a joke. Chill a bit. As I said, so far You could not justify any of the choices You made for making everything enormously big. As we all seen, many of the logic designs that work, and work great, are logically aligned and thought through. You just slam terms like make this big, make that big, form factor, mobility, logic function placement - does not matter… well that makes me wander… do You really want to debate or just push around some strange things like “I want this!”

If my joke hurt you… sorry, but this is how it looks like so far.

1 Like

@NoiseRiser You clearly ignored what I wrote though regarding the big mock up of the one with a full sized performance pads.

So your above post really don’t make sense, but twist it how you like. :slight_smile:

I clearly understood the size issues, which is why I pointed out a dedicated unit for the Pads is the better argument.