12” motorized controller

All was about the platter - very beginning. You started to add things. Not me…

1 Like

And so what if I did? Was your design the be all end all ? that’s final, is it?

You’e having a go at someone changing your design of a mock-up in a thread where you changed the design of the original mock up?

WOW

Stop talking out your A$$ and admit you don’t like what I posted because not everything was branded Denon!

You’re a Pioneer hater, so clearly have issues with me bringing anything up to do with Pioneer.

A simple forum search shows you have a history of posting hate on Pioneer and talking down to those who mention Pioneer features/hardware, so why change a habit of a lifetime, huh … :slight_smile:

The person liking your comments whenever you do such behaviour is also another user on here who behaves the same. Coincidence?

Alright children. Let’s get back to debating gear.

2 Likes

… was there a point to that then @hellnegative as I was not sure if I misunderstood something?

I never added full size pads to the Pioneer BDJ-V10 TOUR-1 mock up either, being there is dedicated units for it with Pio’

I think the design you posted @hellnegative was spot on to be honest, if Denon released a dedicated Performance Pad unit or fused something with Akai Force.

I was referring to the Denon with a djs1000 style layout. I’d rather see Force integration instead.

1 Like

Yeah, baffles me how InMusic have not organized some sort of cross-collaboration yet.

1 Like

I am not a pioneer hater. I own some their products, so how can I be a hater? Dude, You miss again what I say. I don’t care what name is on the device. I talk about logic placement and size of the items on the faceplate of the device. You fixed Your self on Pioneer - brand does not matter in that case. Ergonomics do.

As for the Akai Force, that would be great to have. I wander if the Denon Link option can be pickued up even now (like the guys from Streaming API do). Maybe software-wise and then send it to the Force?

I guess this will require some tweaks in Engine OS too. Anyway, devs probably are already on it. I bet they already had this idea longer time ago, as this would be very good Marketing-wise.

1 Like

Just for you, I removed the “quick ass’d” zero effort mock up image I made of the unit with performance pads because clearly you cannot grasp nor understand I was just putting a point across of a need for a proper unit from Denon with larger Pads/Sampler/etc, and I made a lazy quick cut and paste in paint.

I did not expect it to be taken serious, nor was it any sort of final design with perfect ergonomics, it was nothing more than a quick point.

If we want to go the ergonomics route and talk about size then the dimensions of a SC6000 are approx 320 x 462 x 152 mm and a CDJ-3000 is approx 328 x 452 x 118 mm - So Denon are already known for the larger unit in terms of depth so if we look at the ergonomic of your mock-up the size looks to be pushing approx 346 x 500 x 152, so you’re already pushing the regular DJ hardware boundaries to accommodate that screen.

I think going down the route of a folding screen like the concept on the Pioneer BDJ-V10 TOUR-1 style screen is probably the best way forward in terms of ergonomics if designing something with a large platter and screen.

Don’t take nothing personally, or even Your mockup. Wait and please, try to understand.

I wrote all why the size and buttons/knobs placement was on my mockup like it was, and why You’r mockup was not good in terms of ergonomics.

Let me break it down for You:

1. I took size of RANE 12 as a base for 12" platter. But with a 12" platter, I could not fit all other stuff.
  2. I downsized the platter by 16% - that gives us 10" platter - still big enough without blowing up the size of the deck beyond the Rane 12 width.
  3. Rane 12 is a bit shorter than a regular TT (no tonearm), so I went for a full sized SC6000 screen, that could be swiveled as You asked for. I just didn’t made any gaps visible between the screen and the unit - as I wrote - that was made only fast during a morning coffee on lazy Saturday. I wanted to keep the device in max size of a regular turntable (for transport)
  4. I don’t hate the designs from others. I just criticized the layout in terms of ergonomics. All critical performance features should be easy to reach, and that is also in terms of precision items like a pitch fader (on the other hand there could be an endless encoder with high precision, that could be great for sync and dual layer adjustment, making the “soft takover” function obsolete)

Let’s go back to basics. I think we can agree somewhere and try to design a nice product, that will suit all people. Not only me or You.

1 Like

I think I already made it clear to start with and afterwards that it was a quick mock up with zero effort, and I was just putting the point across for the need of larger performance pads.

Let’s just forget that mock-up and concentrate on the others.

I feel the ergonomics on the Pioneer BDJ-V10 mock up with a TOUR-1 style screen are accurate enough …

In my honest opinion, Pioneer can get away with the small style HOT CUE’s up top because that’s all they are, HOT CUE’s. And they have dedicated units with larger and full sized Performance Pads for Scratch Banks / Sample Banks / Samplers etc

“I think” when we’re looking at 12" and 10" motorised platters, we have to look at market appeal and when it comes to the DJ scene a 12" and 10" motorised platter will turn the heads of scratch DJ’s so having something that offers larger performance pads be it full size dedicated units or 3/4 sized ones found on Pioneer and Rane battle mixers is important.

Sure the smaller ones found on the Denon SC units can be used, but they’re not ideal, and I think most scratch DJ’s would prefer a unit with larger pads or a dedicated unit with larger pads offering scratch/sample banks.

So “imo” if larger pads cannot be incorporated into a 12" or 10" platter, then a dedicated unit for that is needed.

PS. I am also aware that a 10" and 12|" platter would appeal to non-scratch DJ’s and that they’d probably be happy as is, but from a business sense, imo it would be silly to ignore such a large market’s needs if putting out this style of hardware. It would be a hugely missed opportunity …

1 Like

I’m happy, that we found a proper way out of this argument.

True, but we should not focus on copying others.

Yes - including me.

And they do the job very well. I will see what physically is possible to be fitted - maybe we can go closer to full size pads, but no promise.

Also an option, but not as atractive as a player with pads already build in - marketing wise and performance wise - easy to work with, no extra cables etc…

Yes, there is a gap in the market for such a device.

I’ve been thinking about purchasing a Rane Twelve MKII to use with RekordBox DVS.

Me also

That we can agree on.

Have they updated the MK2 to utilize the updated record box timecode signal? If it’s still using the MK1 time code or the Serato time code, there are sticker drift issues still with record box

That’s why I have not bothered yet and was only thinking of it as needed to research it out.

I’ve not found any extensive reviews or articles on the subject.

… and I don’t want to be stung again by Rane after the problems I had with the Rane Twelve’s MK1 and drifting in Serato. I had a pair for a year from new when first released and selling them on was a nightmare.

There did not seem to be any sort of fix until 18 months after release, and even then many still complained. Luckily by then I had managed to move them on but at a loss and then a few months later boom MKII are released.

Not seen many complaints on serato regarding MKII drifting …

But feel sorry for those who were effected by the drift on MK1’s and got stung. Seems shady when a company release something with bugs and take forever to get it fixed and then when that fix comes it seems questionable and then a new MKII is released to replace it.

I appreciate everything needs replacing/updating eventually, but only 2 years in to the Rane Twelve’s lifespan and 18 months of that many users effected were waiting on a fix.

1 Like

The current drift issue is specific to Rekordbox DVS. Pioneer released an updated timecode to fix the issue. Not sure if Rane has an update for that in their timeline or not

1 Like

Yeah, I assume Rane is sending out the serato signal, which will work with RekordBox but is not as tight as RekordBox’s own timecode signal when using RekordBox.

Like I can use my serato control vinyl on RekordBox but when compared to using a RekordBox control vinyl with RekordBox it’s just not as tight.

1 Like

in my idea should be more useful if they makes Rane Twelve compatible with Sc6000 and use it as an LC6000. I think is the easiest and useful (for me of course) solution to have 12" platter.

3 Likes

Yes, EP needs DVS support. So devices like Rane Twelve MKII and Turntables can be used.

1 Like

The 12MK1 and MK2 support HID mode which does not require DVS coding.

That should be easier to implement than coding for DVS no?

2 Likes

That is in deed a good idea. We should drag the devs attention here somehow…