Xone DB4 with SC6000

Just wondering if anyone has tried this combo? Am hoping to add a DB4 to the SC6000s. Does Touch Preview on the players work as expected and just plays through the que? Cheers!

Preview works on every mixer, but it cannot check if the fader is up like on an X18x0.

Ahhhh rite, so run the risk of it previewing through the main mix. That should be fineā€¦fingers crossed. Cheers!

Great mixer. Underrated in my opinion. I ran it for years in my previous set up. Switched to the Rane MP2015 in the past few years but the DB4 is a beast.

DB4 is a beast one of itā€™s kind. Maybe Zero4 from Korg was close, but still not there yetā€¦

I owned two Zero4s and my best friend still has a Zero8. They were amazing mixers for the time, but they arenā€™t a pimple on the arse of the DB4!!

1 Like

My setup is 2. SC6000mā€™s with a DB4. and two 1210. The DB4 is great. Could do with more delay FXā€™s but a great compliment to the SC6000ā€™s. The per channel filters and loopers on the DB4 allow for one to get significantly creative!

Does anyone know if the fader start is working between DB4 and SC6000? The cables fit but Iā€˜m not sure if the pin assignment inside the cables fit, so Iā€˜m a bit afraid of trying itā€¦ :see_no_evil:

There is no description / compatibility list for the fader start connection, neither in the DB4 manual nor in the SC6000 manual. :man_shrugging:

After a spot of Googling, it seems that fader start on Xone mixers are configured for Pioneer kit, and that Denon uses the same method as Pioneer. That is, positive and negative 5v pulses.

The cables need to be TRS.

I could try with my kit if youā€™re chicken, McFly :grin:

1 Like

The small TRS jack will work. It is a standard that works on all platforms. Reloop, denon, pioneer, numark, american audio, citronic, gemini and so onā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not so sure about that. My research led me to believe some kit uses different methods.

Chicken?!? Nobody calls me chickenā€¦!

Okay, I have to admitā€¦ Iā€˜m a chicken sometimesā€¦ I googled quite a lot and found something about different pin assignments which could cause damage to the units and then I looked onto my shiny new SC6000 and I thoughtā€¦ NO! :scream:

So far never stumbled upon any mixer/player configuration that didnā€™t work or even made any damage. And I had a lot of stuff in my hands. Including some exotic devices.

1 Like

It will work. There is a limitation thoughā€¦jack fader start works only for layer A.

But kudos for Denon including it, the last bit of backwards compatibility with pre-inmusic ans non-denon gear.

I tried it a few minutes ago. It works for both layers, depending on which one is active. Not so optimal. So if Iā€™m on layer B and move the fader for layer A, it stops layer B. Would be great if there were an option to either assign it to layer A or B.

1 Like

I wander how denon devs would react to this. For me this looks like a bug, but on the other handā€¦ This also is a bad implementation of Fader start for second layerā€¦ I think the intention here is to use fader start only with single layerā€¦

Iā€™m not sure I understood you. You meant to say you move the line fader for channel 1 on the mixer and it pauses playback on whatever layer is active/ on the sc6000?

You are using a TS 3.5mm jack cable?

Yes, of course. The SC6000 has only one input, so if you connect any mixer channel with the SC6000, you then use this channel fader for both layers, depending on which layer is active.

Then I definitely agree with NoiseRiserā€™s post

Faderstart in the ā€œoldā€ way, or using a different brand mixer, is performed by a voltage change. So with only one connector on an SC, it will only start/stop the active layer. Donā€™t know why they did not implement 2 small TRS jacks for each layer; problem solved.

When used with an X18x0, the mixer sends some sort of MIDI signal over ethernet which tells the unit what to do.