The mcx 8000 forgotten?

MCX8000 currently works with SoundSwitch via Serato DJ.

The MCX8000 is still a current product and I can confirm that Stagelinq integration will happen. Before you ask, I am unable to provide any timeframes for release, but Iā€™ll let you know when we have a beta ready for testing.

It is good to know that you are working on it, I acquired my mcx 8000 relatively recently but for those who have it since 2016 it seems to me that they have waited too long for a functionality that supposedly was included

3.5 years ago I bought it when it was releasedā€¦ One of the things that ā€˜didā€™ it for me, was the text in the bottom right cornerā€¦ ā€œStagelinQ - connection to synchronise lightning and videoā€

IMG_20190610_220134

But the fact that there was No StagelinQ connection, was not the reason I sold it - it was the poor build of Play and Cue buttons which costet me additionally 420$ in repairs within the first year, since Denon wouldnt cover the costs cause in their opinion it was not poor quality.

I am glad I upgraded to the SC5000, BUT I have been promissed so many things from Denon reps, and when it comes down to keeping words, it has yet to be keptā€¦ Kinda like the StagelinQ connection on the MCX8000.

More and more people today fell victim to consumarism sindrom, some eager to get their hands on the newest and fanciest products and some believing that a product released two to three years ago can be considered absolete. Fore some it may be true, but for others, more familiar with the past years of Hi-Fi audio, a well designed and reliable product that can deliver the features it was designed to deliver, can be kept on the market for many years, because its build quality and reliability speaks for themselves. The single component to be taken into account is the ability of the supporting software to keep up with the operating systems updates.

2 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m curious, it must have been more than just the plastic buttons broken to cost $420 to repair. What were the other problems? I too had a broken cue button, I contacted customer support and they sent me replacements free of charge, changed ā€˜em out myself problem solved.

Only the play/Cue buttons on the left deck - twice. (and the manhours from the repair company)

Wow twice, Iā€™ll be watching for that. Mine so far has been once on the left deck.

And its not that I was punching the #### out of it.

Hope they have gotten better spareparts.

1 Like

While I loved the build quality I was always cautious of the play/cue buttons. I just knew that they was fragile.

The rest was epic (the knobs got loose over a few months unlike other DJ competitors but I wouldnā€™t mark them down over that).

Must be great to know they was fragile :joy: How did you know that? Didnt see it in the specsā€¦

I just expected the same quality as my old cdjs, my pioneer controllers, my MCX6000, my Numark NV etc. And not that it would break on my second job with the unit. First unit I have ever owned that broke. And then it did so twice :roll_eyes: Stopped using it after that.

Let say it like this: a unit can have a great build quality but also weak spots at the same time. For old mc6000mk1 it was microswitches under buttons that went bad after ~1year, for mc3000 it was design of buttons that sometimes when pressed got under the faceplate, for mc6000mk2 it is the source switches. It seems that for MCX8000 itā€™s the design of cue/play buttons assembly.

I understand that things can have ā€˜weak spotsā€™ā€¦ But Imo it is crazy to have a weak spot on the most used ā€˜featureā€™: Play/pause/Cue :thinking:

But anyway, that was thenā€¦ And costet me some extra bucks. I dont have the unit anymore, and wouldnt recommend it to anyone after reading on this forum.

1 Like

If Denon DJ would release a Service and Repair Manual for the MCX8000, no one would have to pay a lot of money for a service procedure which can be performed by anyone with some technical abilities. Other Denon DJ product in the past years have benefited a lot because of the availability of the service manuals.

I knew they was fragile as I didnā€™t like the way they clicked in. It also didnā€™t help when I saw a few at DJ shops pressed into the housing.

So yeahā€¦ I knew.

Luckily it all went well and I owned it for 2.5 years before I sold it and it looked as good as new thanks to the Magma case it lived in.