The mcx 8000 forgotten?

That update’s main purpose was to address existing problems that some had dealt with for a very long time. Yes a few new features were added also (love the mic attenuation!) but some would say things were missed. As I have said all along, I’m very happy with my 8000 and will continue to use it happily for years to come, it’s a great piece of gear, I just think if you market something as standalone it should have a better search function. The lack of a functioning Stagelinq port doesn’t matter to me as I’d never use it anyway but I can certainly see where some would be unhappy with that. I still have my original box and Stagelinq is proudly displayed on it.

To say that Stagelinq functionality doesn’t matter to you, in particular, is alright, but it is not right for anyone else, in general, who bought this piece of equipment and, maybe, want to sell it in the future. The potential buyer will hesitate to buy an equipment with non functioning features (like Stagelinq, for example) and this will decrease the resale value of the MCX8000. For Denon DJ, this is a matter of respect for the customers and for their own image overall.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you, well put!

Hello

Since they do not want to give new features to the MCX8000 (how to save the ready list in the usb memory) we can at least ask for features in engine prime that make life easier for the owners of an MCX 8000, and post a suggestion Function of conversion to compatible audio format before export for MCX 8000 please vote for it to be included, joining all the owners of the MCX 8000 we can achieve some interesting things I think

regards

Yes , ask away but I don’t know if they’d see it as reinventing the wheel as there are so many file converters on the market already.

I can see it would be nice though to have Engine Prime say “There are 48 files in a non-mcx8000 format, do you want to convert them to a format that mcx8000 can read?”

That question would annoy people using engine Prime for proper prime decks every time so maybe there should be a saved setting simewhere for users to tick a “I’m an mcx8000 user” box so the new proposed file converter question only appears if that box is ticked

I agree but that box does not make sense to enable compatibility with an mcx 8000 if you have it, also if you do not click on export to mcx8000 this should not come out since it would not be logical, the other detail is that with those programs that you say you lose the cue loops etc, the goal is to keep it and not do double work

regards

I’m beyond livid with Denon, and truly wish I never purchased the MCX8000. Although it looks very appealing, I’m now surely not going to entertain even the possibility or thought of purchasing the upgrade to the Prime 4 after seemingly being duped and fooled with VERY misleading advertising that tricked me into making the jump from Numark, and shelling out $1299 for the MCX8000.

I’ve only had the MCX8000 for a few months. Previously, I had purchased the then new and innovating SoundSwitch well over a year ago (at $499), a few months before Denon acquired the SS. The ONLY and I do mean ONLY reason I made the jump from the previous brand, to Denon and MCX8000, was because of the SS and the promised and STILL advertised StageLinQ protocol.

After the recent SS revision 1.9 release that introduced “Primed” units, I contacted SS (Who have EXCELLENT customer service btw), I went back and forth with them about the StageLinQ and SS with the MCX8000.

The have informed e that the MCX8000 is different than the other “Primed Units”, but any further advancement to StageLinQ and the SS working with the MCX8000 is out of their hands, and is dependent upon further development on Denon’s side of things.

Now that I see all the previous issues with the MCX8000 and how all you owners have dealt with the headaches since the 8000’s release, I in no way have any hope that MCX8000 “primed” controller will advance any further, nor do I have any shred of confidence that Denon will deliver on what they promised with StageLinQ connectivity.

Only thing I DO know is that I sure in the hell will NOT be giving Denon any more of my money after being suckered for my wallet for the MCX8000.

S.

2 Likes

I feel for you, I too would be livid if I had purchased the 8000 with intent on using the Stagelinq connection. Other than saying that there will be no more features added to the 8000, Denon has not yet addressed the very specific as advertised function of Stagelinq. I am wondering if it is now officially dead for the 8000? Seems to me this could cause a cascade of very angry customers who purchased expecting to use Stagelinq. Is there any comment from Denon specifically dealing with the 8000 and Stagelinq?

Used extensively the mcx8000 when my dj buddy got it, told him to imediatelly sell it as soon as Denon brought out the Engine Prime without support for it. Every owner should have know what was up when that happened.

1 Like

I sold my MCX8000. I was wanting to control the club lighting but soon became aware this wasn’t going to happen.

I was angry as I’d almost convinced a local bar operator to install them in his bars/clubs but luckily i changed his mind.

It’s one of those things i suppose. I’ll still get the Prime 4 though.

Hi @Jay_DenonDJ,

Asking for a friend who bought my MCX8000 - WILL StagelinQ get to work on it?

I ask because he’s considering the Pioneer solution instead.

Dont like guessing :blush:

Best regards

2 Likes

We just got and answer from Denon DJ staff stating that Stagelinq functionality will be implemented for MCX8000 as planned.

3 Likes

If anyone is curious, here is the MCX8000 working very well with StageLinq back in 2016.

It was never released but this is the proof of it working was way back when the MCX8000 was shown off.

1 Like

if stagelinq is not supported even then someone can explain this to me

Steezy Stevie Intro Mix - Soundswitch Lighting Demo W_ Maschine and Denon MCX8000

Could it be Serato DJ?

Have Denon hinted at any dates for this release? I purchased my 8000 4 days before prime 4 was all over Instagram and now seems we have no further support for this great piece of equipment, such a shame & like many others I will now be looking at selling my mcx8000, moving to another brand and not returning to Denon, why stay with a company who does this do genuine paying customers… very, very disappointing…

1 Like

Let’s just keep the spirit high and give Denon the benefit of the doubt, hoping it will deliver Stagelinq as planned…on a future date, known only for insiders. As for lack of support, the updates will keep coming but in the form of bug fixes as there are no new features planned for MCX8000. The latest firmware update solved many issues already, improving functionality. The main thing to be improved for us is the Engine Prime software and the way it operates with MCX8000.

2 Likes

Would love to see a choice of sound effects in standalone mode, I can count on 1 hand how times I have used “phaser”…

That’s probably not going to happen. Denon DJ staff have said the MCX8000 will only receive bug fixes, not new features.

I bet many of us would have loved to have a range of effects available in standalone mode, but Denon DJ designed the MCX8000 to act mainly as a Serato controller (where we have plenty of effects to choose from) and secondary as a standalone backup solution, which is why we have only three effects to choose from in standalone Engine mode. The fact that many choose to use the MCX8000 the other way around, mainly in standalone mode is a personal option and not the intended use imagined by Denon DJ. The unit performs very well in booth modes and offers the possibility to do our job and our job is to work with the tools available at our disposal (in controller mode we can be more creative, adding some personal sound touches, while in standalone mode we can be more inclined to the basic job of beat mixing and allow the music to do its magic).