Sync manager

Hey,

Just reading the release notes of sync manager… Does that mean bpm analysis is better?

Thanks

No, BPM analysis has nothing to do with the sync manager.

The sync manager is simply a new way to copy your crates/playlists to external drives.

And more , such as playlist syncing , and hot cue and loo updates saved on the players on hard drives or usb thumbs syncing back to the master library when the drives get connected back to the master library.

1 Like

Not sure if it does playlist syncing from Device to Engine Prime. I don’t think it does that yet.

If you create a playlist on Prime hardware

This is not new. With the old way if you clicked on the drive, then the refresh symbol, cues/loops etc would be synced back.

For me another functionality which will look good on posters for new gear. It is nice to have but not crucial. What about core features to be done( players and soft), which are in almost every post in forum.

In the regular ep…it wasnt clear if it synced both ways.

It worked with 1.3.3 version

1 Like

Downloaded. I use a new usb key, it seems to work perfectly Great job :+1:t3: In both directions

At lasttttt !

1 Like

Event though the sync manager is nice, it kind of gives me a bad feeling. The focus should be on the essential stuff, like flexible beat gridding, better BPM analysis and an overall better user experience, like an option for smaller fonts, solid multi song editing tools, and so on.

Also, I read a lot of comments about RekordBox going through a similar evolution. Well, I used to use RB quite a lot in the past. Even the early versions were a lot more solid than EP in its current state. EP just feels a bit flimsy. Also, RB has always been so much quicker than EP. Try refreshing your iTunes collection, for example…

I’m not a fan of Pioneer in any way. I don’t own any Pioneer gear anymore. But RekordBox is just a solid piece of software, and always has been. It had its share of troubles, but they got resolved quickly.

I really really hope EP will get the attention it deserves this year. It would and should make Denon the new king.

6 Likes

You know what, That’s the feeling I get too… Sync manager thing just feels like an add-on… It’s engine with a new feature but they’re naming it as something different… it’s weird they’re announcing it as a separate thing, when it should be part of the software, which it is.

1 Like

So not a problem then.

For any software, any improvement is better.

JWiLL is on the record in a YT video with Phil of DigitalDJTips stating that after this release, BPM algorithm and flexible beat grids are the priorities.

3 Likes

No it is a problem when marketing dicates what should be done with software. Sync manager is good but I think it is added for marketing reasons which is another slogan on new prime family poster. None of us will be complaining about that when core issues have been already resolved. Now part of us is dissapointed that probably months of development went to this feature instead of that really needed one.

3 Likes

Everyone has different ideas about what THEY think is really important or needed. Some have said that they need the recording level adjuster or the way an effect sounds fixed before what others have said is more important.

Others have said that some things have to be fixed before other things because of technical reasons.

Also marketing isnt a dirty word, nor is something that may (I appreciate you’re guessing) has been initiated by a marketing department instantly a bad thing. Like if it’s going to take a whole year from the date the New Zealand software team started on the bpm and beatgrid solution, I’d say it would a terrible thing if ABSOLUTELY NOTHING came out on Engine prime. I’d imagine the posts about how it’s been 4 months, 3 weeks, 17 hours, 3 minutes and 12 seconds since the last update to Engine Prime, oh wow denon have obviously forgot about us all and clearly must have ditched Engine prime and all that rubbish that some jump to write for no reason other than their own impatience has spiked that day.

Ultimately, Engine prime just got better and jwill just said on video that two other key things (bpm analysts and Beatgrid are priorities.

It’s taken longer than some feel it should have, but firmware, hardware and software releases are all accelerating, compared to 6 to 12 months ago, and that’s never a bad thing

1 Like

You are absolutely correct… Stuff is moving in the right direction. And thanks to Denon for that.

But at the same time you have to remember that some of us ‘old’ fellows in the forum has been following every single word that has come out of Denon in this forum regarding the Prime series during almost the last 3 years now and we have heard them saying many things like: “its on the roadmap”, “soon” etc.

But “soon” is not 3, 2 or 1 years later… So I think thats the reason why some (mostly old members) are a bit more on their toes than others. (mostly new members)

Personally I just hope that they start focus on need-to-get-fixed instead of nice-to-haves.

And that Denon/ the dev team will follow through on Jwill’s word :pray:

Again, things are moving in the right direction it seems. And thanks for that.

If you think that bpm and beatgrid and other core features (For ex. Smart crates/playlist) should not be a priority then we should end the conversation because you are a fanboy in my book.

We should be happy because something new is coming but also we should demand fixes of obvious things.

1 Like

It’s a bit strange how it’s a bit like “sync manager is here!:fire::fire::fire::fire:” When it’s just part of the software but being sold like it’s something new

1 Like

The main feature of this is bulk crate transfer - previously this was not available, you had to drag and drop each crate/playlist over.

So yup, it is a new feature. They’ve also put all the sync stuff in one area which is more intuitive than before.

4 Likes

Way better described than what I did :pray: