Sync manager

I don’t know… I also use Rbox, Serato, and Virtual DJ, they have all limitations and advantages.

For now I prefer Engine Os for its simplicity, and the sound quality, the time stretching way better than others. Some years ago we just had 2 vinyl decks and an analog mixer, it was not a problem.

Now all is digital and works well… the grid/bpm problems concern only 1% of the songs, which is not a big pb if you mix with headphones and by ears. Denon seems to make efforts on their software, so wait and see… :sunglasses::+1:t3:

1% my ass…

Obviously you’ve never tried to analyse the vast majority of R&B/HipHop tracks…

Just one that comes to mind, which I’ve used as an example directly to the Denon DJ team - In Da Club - 50 Cent.

Yes the Denon algorithm works fine on house/techno beats but anything outside of that it really struggles and to pretend otherwise is just disingenuous.

I’m very supportive of the steps Denon DJ is taking forwards, however, I don’t subscribe or agree with the attempts to BS users into believing this is the best evaaaarrr…

For the purposes of full disclosure - I’m a DJ in Central Birmingham, UK, where R&B/HipHop is the current scene.

5 Likes

I have got the same feeling . When play from tidal it is like 1 of 3 songs have incorrectly placed grid. And 1 of 5-10 have incorrectly set BPM which is a lot.

Yep… not here. That’s not a pb. You download a title, if the grid is incorrect you can move it. Bpm mistakes depend music genres.

Old musics causes pb, but only rekordbox does it better, because it has a moving tempo functionnality, engine prime not.

I don’t think denon could do it also, not these days, it required big algorithms

Does anyone know with sync manager that if I re sync all the playlists and hit export to my drive if it only updates the changes I made such as hot cues, or does it literally double the music on my hard drive?

It only updates the changes. You can tell because the first sync will take a while depending on the size of your collection, but future syncs are nice and fast.

1 Like

loo updates

Yes, we all need a break sometimes. :rofl:

Johnny thanks so much. I just went out on a limb and tested it too with a spare hard drive and was relieved that it just zipped through each playlist and crate for a second making necessary changes. Thanks for being so quick on this. This forum is extremely useful. Definitely going to read the manual A to Z too.

I definitely didn’t want all 600 GBs copied over for no reason, and it definitely didn’t do that. I like that multiple drives can be exported and synced. I always love going out with 3 backups in case of an emergency.