Stagelinq protocol API availability? (Part 1)

Ah that’s right, can you run this and post the output that you see in the terminal?

unbox_denon_poller.zip (1.8 MB)

Hi mate, can I know if it is possible to widen the field of width for the captions? In fact, if the title and artist is very long, it wraps around half the page (starting from the left). Is there a way to adjust the width to avoid wrapping? Thanks so much !

1 Like

I will try tomorrow. Thanks a lot

@erikrichardlarson Hi again! If I run this in terminal, the name of the songs appears in terminal but not in Unbox … We are close to getting it! LOL

@erikrichardlarson

Here you have…

Ah looks like your line level fader needs to go up just a bit more, it has to be above .99, can you try setting the fader all the way up and see if unbox turns green?

@erikrichardlarson Hi Mate! The fader is completely up, I just checked it, it can’t go higher … I also just checked that the terminal only responds to channels 3 and 4, 1 and 2 do not respond.

then send text string if channel fader is .98 … maybe some fader have tollerances … so .99 will never be reached.

.98 is much enough to say it´s an open fader imo.

1 Like

Yeah good calll @DJDark I’ll update the code when I’m back at my computer

@EfrainNavarro what Ethernet ports are you plugged into on the X1800? Can you try putting the Ethernet cables into ports 1 and 3 on the X1800, we’ve seen issues when decks are plugged into 1/2. Let me know if this works.

Yeah I’ll take care of this with your italic mock-up, what track was causing issues? I’ll test to make sure we’re good.

@EfrainNavarro Here’s a version that will listen to fader levels over .95, let us know if this works for you

main.zip (1.8 MB)

Thanks a lot as always for your availability dude, UNBOX for Denon MCX8000 with Serato is continuing to perform really great. I will have my radio show on Thursday and will be using it with great pleasure. I will send you the link :wink: So there are no big problems, just small details. In summary, what it would take to further improve:

• Possibility to insert “Italic” in the text (or even better, only part of the text)
  • Fade between caption changes
  • Expand the text area to prevent wrapping.

Furthermore, try to take a look at the attached image. This is the cover of my last track and this graphic was prepared for me by the label. It would be really cool if you could insert a line (1/3 of the page long) dividing the “NOW PLAYING” with the caption. What do you think about it ?

1 Like

@erikrichardlarson Good morning! I have changed the switch to ports 1 and 3 and in this way it confuses the channels and 3 is assigned to channel 2 and then 3 and 4 do not recognize it, that could be a problem with the setiing of the mixer with the SC5000. I have downloaded the main.zip but unbox remains the same … it still does not collect the information.

Thank you very much for your time, you are doing an incredible job!

Hi ! Coming back after some tests. I tried to play with the original source code from IceDream on the Raspberry. Connection to SC5000m is OK and I can get the info I want, but I can’t connect to the X1800, I got a connection error. Is there any adapations to make it work ?

How do i set this up with a separate streaming computer with Serato Live

Figured it out

Whats the difference between the 2 urls to copy?

Only the local is working here and i’m using 2 computers

1 Like

The remote url can be used on a different computer that’s on the same network that unbox is running on, are your two computers on the same network?

Can you screenshot the error you’re seeing? The X1800 seems to cause more issues than the X1850.

Can you post a screenshot of the terminal when you run this latest main script? https://community.enginedj.com/uploads/short-url/uu3FLdDQE99qfHqBAoIKokbER1U.zip

No need to open unbox for now, just want to make sure we can at least log to a text file.

Also here is the networking section of the X1800 manual, looks like you can assign layers to each channel by holding the Engine Connect button, maybe this could help?

Yes they are on the same network.

I’m running Unbox and OBS on the streaming computer, is that why its local?

The djing computer is only running serato but on the same network

Ah yeah you can just use the local url if Unbox and OBS are running on the same computer, but the remote URL should still work if you need to use it. What does the remote url return?