Spotify Integration!

That’s exactly what I’m talking about!

Didn’t some other company offer Spotify on DJ, or rather laptop software? Then they stopped offering it because it wasn’t legal to use it in some countries for any paid/public gigs, only private bedroom gigs / practice

Virtual Dj had it for a while.

spotify now offer a business subscription, interesting

1 Like

They are stupid!! They can get way more users if they integrate their software with DJ Software. That can be more money for them.

Dont think that they havent thought about it… Think its a question about licenses and ‘rights’…

1 Like

All you have to do is wait till they get to Tidal integration, use an app called soundiiz, transfer all your Spotify playlist to Tidal,

vinyl -> cd -> mp3 -> a lot of people can’t see that the future is in the cloud.

1 Like

Djay Pro has Spotify integration! Great piece of software.

1 Like

Spotify is better than Tidal, but I think denon should offer all the great services

Spotify+ only comes with integration with djay pro or making by making software for the iPad.

Traktor Dj2 app for iPad can use spotify but not for desktop version for example. Pioneer had to make iOS controllers to work with djay pro just to be able to get to Spotify.

So for now, until spotify changes the rules, Denon prime series could build a better relationship with algorridim day pro or make an iPad app for that.

2 Likes

It seems that DOGS are prioritized over DJ’s @ Spotify :joy:

Now :dog2: and :cat2: have their own playlists and we DJs sit and wait until they trow us a bone :bone::sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

Entertain your pets from an extensive back CATalogue

1 Like

here we go… “real djs”

1 Like

Hi Wyley1,

Traktor DJ 2 for iOS does not support Spotify. My assumption is that Algoriddim (maker of the djay series of Windows/Mac/iOS/Android apps) has exclusive rights to Spotify for DJ apps.

1 Like

You are correct it is actually Soundcloud. I can’t edit my post thnx.

I love streaming. Those “buy your music” standards are killing me. Of course i’ll buy my music, but how about trying some new songs in a gig to see what energy they bring to the audience before buying them? Testing new songs live before buying them is game changing for me.

Spotify is impossible to integrate with any DJ software so far. You can try to use AudKit to download Spotify music as local MP3 files. So that you can use the download Spotify songs in the DENON DJ. Or try other DJ apps like djay cuz it integrates with Soundcloud.

This sounds legal :thinking:

So do the Prime series of Denon: Soundcloud, Tidal, Beatport and Beatsource

Being Spotify users can download tracks for offline play, how hard would it be to integrate this into DJing with something like the Prime series? Has this not yet been integrated because of the legality behind it? I know others have mentioned that point in here as well.

To your point, being able to explore new music via requests is huge for me. That’s actually one of the two main sources for obtaining new music. Even if you don’t necessarily play what has been requested, being able to jot down what someone requests, to further explore, is huge for expanding your music library.