Spotify Integration!

I play for the customers, not for myself, but they (most of the times) do understand why I dont just hook a Phone to my mixer. I have like +60K tracks on my usb atm, and that covers alot.

1 Like

Might i add that the soundquality of most streaming is below par.

Tidal has Hi Res option.

Just saying.

Well i am a mogul who still buys cdā€™sā€¦ I dont like streaming. And i dont support the use of it for dj purposes. If u guys do so, more power to you but i am not a fan of integration in our setup. I also like to drive my own car. With manual shiftstick.

1 Like

Spotify integration would only benefit the sales and capability of the product, so to those who donā€™t care for it, I am not sure why you like to argue it in any way that you can think of.

Some of you want to use Serato or Traktor with the players, where some donā€™t, but you donā€™t see that group sharing their negative opinion and asking not to have it (Serato & Traktor integration).

Some third party integrations would benefit the product and increase sales for Denon. This might be one of them. IF itā€™s made available and you donā€™t like it, donā€™t use it; just like the sync button you all have!

5 Likes

Some are perhaps not so much against the feature, but more against the idea.

The feature itself might actually be interesting to audition certain tracks at home, maybe. But in my humble opinion, the use of it goes against our craft. It should not be about having any request available but about good preparation, so one can adapt to different needs of a gig. To know your tracks. And how to use them. And get the basis right first and foremost.

1 Like

I bet, some day, somewhere, the same sort of arguments were made about the sync button.

Years from now, a DJā€™s library may just be cloud based. Look where we were, and where weā€™ve come.

Gotta learn to move forward with the times and adapt. Itā€™s inevitable.

1 Like

You are probably right. Still dont like it. Would like a flying carā€¦ Or a hooverboard.

FWIW I understand where youā€™re coming from :slight_smile:

There is Spotify integration - just hook the laptop via an R&W to the headphone jack on your laptop and into one of the channels on your Prime. Job done!! Yes you canā€™t mix it, but if every track in a night comes off Spotify, then stop pretending you are a DJ. If the odd track comes from it, then just mix in with whatever else is in your library.

When Iā€™m in a club, I would never, ever, entertain the idea of Spotify; Iā€™m hired for my skills of track selection and mixing. If i do the odd party (and so Iā€™m in support of the open format/occasion DJs here), then requests are a massive part of what you do, and from time to time the request might not have been something youā€™d considered, but might help get the dance floor rocking. Go for it.

2 Likes

See I told ya!!

When you are not DJā€™ing you are probably on Spotify putting great tracks in lists. Or you are purchasing or making your music. And share your tracks and lists to friends. If you can use both on your PRIME 4 you are God. And still a DJ.

1 Like

Yes I believe DJing helps when you have more options. Different things help other DJs do their thing. Do what works for you and explore options you never tried

I just purchased the PRIME 4 today :smile: If ever Spotify is added as a streaming service, will this be a firmware update? Or do i need to buy another new device? :thinking:

1 Like

Probably a firmware update. This summer some of the other streaming platforms integration will become available via a firmware update.

En welkom aan boord!

1 Like

Your Prime 4 is already capable of supporting steaming services hardware wise; all that would need to get done is software so as Reese pointed out, firmware update only.

It will most likely be a firmer update

Exactly my friend. There will always be options. The point is to create options, itā€™s up to the user if they want to use it. Doesnā€™t make a less of a DJ, you just gotta rock the party!

1 Like

spotify is the one people want but i doubt that will come. but please make it happen its the future, your job is to move the dancefloor feel free to use what ever tools you like and ignore the dinosaur views on this thread.

spotify doesnt stop you selecting ā– ā– ā– ā–  music, its what you do with it.

1 Like