Show your home DJ booth (Part 1)

You don’t joke! MP2015 + M5G + SC6000 oh

1 Like

I tried to teach myself some basic scratching while I had the DDJ-1000. Gave up. So yes, beat juggling is far from happening here :rofl:

I saw the Maschine+ Nice device, but not for me. Gave up on “producing” as well :slight_smile: What are your thoughts on it?

That has not happened in an instant, rather in the course of several years - the Techs are from 2005. Mixing music has been my favorite waste of time for very long.

I’ve never used Maschine, so couldn’t say if it’s any better or worse than using it on a computer. Akai of course have been doing this kind of thing for a long time, and I have an MPC1000. Compared to that, using Ableton Live with a Push 2 is streets ahead and a very nice experience. I think Akai are trying to emulate that with their Force unit.

I’ve got more than enough toys, and in the current climate I won’t be buying the Plus just to try it, like I’ve done with some things in the past. :smile:

1 Like

Got my 6000’s in and love them!![image|375x500](upload://z0q7LHULN7RZ0u0xAWoA0RnNvZO.jpeg

7 Likes

Damn, cueing up that right Tech must be a chore, haha!! Just kidding. Beautiful setup!! I miss my M5Gs. I sold them during the Tech craze of 2013 for $3,800/pair. But, I replaced them with a pair of immaculate Japanese MK5s 4 years later. Currently, I do not have the space to have them set up :cry:’( LOVE that MP2015 too!! That thing is gorgeous!!

1 Like

4000 dollars for a pair ???!

$3,800 for the pair. Haha! I bought them for $640 each and made a profit of $2,520 after having used them for a little over 10 years. I took REALLY good care of them!! Yeah, when Technics went out of business, heads were willing to part with serious paper to get a pair of, arguably, the best Technics ever made. Personally, after having bought the MK5s, I think they hold the pitch better, but they aren’t nearly as “pretty” as the M5Gs were.

*There is a real argument to be made for the digital vs. analog pitch resolution.

Imgur

6 Likes

Oh, nice - a Zero4! Always wanted that one. That mixer has so much cool stuff going on.

2 Likes

Yeah, I LOVED that mixer. So much so that I bought a second one when the first kicked the bucket. But, eventually, the 2nd one also kicked the bucket. That was the flaw of the Zero series. Poor quality control on Korg’s hehalf. It was an amazing mixer…certainly better than the DJM-800 which had also released around the same time. Waaay ahead of it’s time. But, poor quality components. I only posted that pic to show what my setup used to look like before I sold the M5Gs.

1 Like

I added a sampler to my Prime 4…

3 Likes

Any videos of you using it? Been toying with the idea myself just don’t know how viable it will be.

No, it’s just a posed shot. I dug the Korg out a few days ago, after wondering where I’d left it.

I have other hardware I could use too, if I really felt the need for a separate sampler with the P4, but loading things to a spare deck and triggering them from the pads will probably be sufficient for my use.

Finally joined the club. I freakin’ LOVE the SC6000!! Yeah, as soon as I can get another deck, the NXS2s will be relegated to storage, LOL!

9 Likes

This is where my new chillout space will be, took so long to get the staircase made that i can’t see it being complete this year, but hey, i can always hope.

3 Likes

Great setup! What’s the silver box left of the Bozure Iso?

It’s a Teile Electronik - TEIL1 (delay pedal)

3 Likes

I was wondering exactly the same thing about the silver box :smile:

That takes me back, reminding me of using one of these in the 80s:

2 Likes

Just installed the White vinyl platters from 12inchskinz.

At first installation the screws where to short because the new vinyl is a little thicker. After contact they send new perfect screws.

7 Likes

Being that the EFX cannot be quantized to the playing track on the SC6000, do you find that the auto-beat calculations are adequate? Honestly, as much as I LOVE my X:96 w’ Isolator/Pedals, it would be nice having everything built-in, w’ the option to still connect the pedals if I so choose. Also, have you ever used an analog mixer such as an A&H? If so, can you compare the digital sound quality of the V10 as compared to a mid to high tiered analog mixer? One more thing, how is the phono gain stage on the V10? My X:96 sounds great and can easily match output of the SC6000s with my Techs/real vinyl. Just curious if the V10 can do the same.

PS - that V10 looks lovely w’ the SC6000s…aesthetically, they compliment each other well.

1 Like

So happy with my Denon gear!

1 Like