SC6000 vs. CDJ3000

THat last point you made kinda worries me now. IS Pioneer going to drop support for the Nexus2 like they did for the XDJ1000 MK2… :-/

I have used my SC5000 on small/big clubs, mobile disco etc for about 3 years now without any problems.

Now I have got 3 SC6000 and a X1850 mixer as an update.

Picture from club with 3 dance floors, this is the main House floor:

Picture from private party:

4 Likes

Thank you for responding to me so quickly and sharing your experiences on this series of products.

Given the situation, they will not leave my home regularly so it will certainly give them a better length of life!

I believe that the choice will now be quick, just hoping that the delivery is not too late because I could read on the forum that there was a lot of delay.

Greetings.

Well, I thought this can be interesting:

Pioneer is very extensively paying people to write only positive stuff about the cdj3000…

7 Likes

What I prefer with the 3000 is the que button and the quantize is easier to access on the side without touch (since sometimes its not always reacting when im clicking, probably just need to get used to it) and the que buttons is little bit hard on the click. Wished que and in/out was softer on click.

The 3000 is old already. Using one is like using a player that was new in 2010. I tried a 3000 in a store in Madrid before ordering my Primes.

I’m not surprised to read that pioneer have to pay people to write good sounding things about it

4 Likes

I’m not sure who is being paid to write positive things about Pioneer products. The reviewers I speak to (including the one who let me demo the 3000’s, still am happier on Denonds btw) have not received any payment from Pioneer. Most reviewers have gotten their demo units from retailers, not directly from Pioneer DJ (Alpha Theta).

That aside, Muelle is correct. The Pioneer screens feel like you’re looking at a 2010 laptop screen and the inbuilt software in use feels dated compared to Denon.

2 Likes

Pioneer’s decks may seem backwards but they have a whole ecosystem to back up their decks.

Pioneer has phone apps to prep your music, they can send audio over ethernet to their djm900 for cueing and they have comparable processors in their decks and they do charge a premium for it.

Of course I can use the Rekordbox app to prep music for my prime deck🤪

This is interesting. I know in the UK we have to clearly mark the articles as Ads and can’t hide it. It seems they have marked it but used methods to conceal their activity.

Would be interesting to see what the ASA in the UK has to say about it. They have to look into complaints if there is enough.

They’re only doing this through magazines not product reviewers. There are different methods applied to product reviewers than to magazines.

Btw everybody needs sponsors right now and the only ones who will complain are the unsponsored.

1 Like

Let’s be honest guys the CDJ 3000 have a lot better audio processing and specs in case of fidelity and neutrality Denon actually are not really a top notch in this case

I listened to both an SC5000 and a cdj3000 before buying the primes and there was no humanly audio difference in headphones. The sc5000 had the firmware on it that improved the top frequencies.

There might still be a tiny difference in audio, but the cdj3000 needs major work on modern features to succeed , not just sounding very slightly better

2 Likes

Historically the cdjs are so reliable. May have lacked in features but made up for it in reliability and sound output. Basic concept but it seemed to work. They had a decent marketing strategy too. Over last few years DenonDJ have been not only having all singing all dancing features but getting other bits right. For example the sc6000 will look pretty epic in any booth in any club, in any country in the world with most djs having a decent response to it.

1 Like

I can log in the difference as others have. I did the tests myself and my conclusion is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Featurewise Denon is ahead of Pioneer (although some are still missing!). Pioneer is ahead of Denon for consistence, tech specs and stability (at least after the first bunch of updates).

At the moment I wouldn’t buy either, although my XDJ1000s feel a little bit aged. What I would like to see from the vendor of “my” choice is continuously software updates and reliable hardware.

On the Pioneer forum - even for the CDJ 3000 with such a powerful mpu as advertised - the replies from PioneerDJ staff to improvement requests are like “Uh oh, no, we cannot / wouldn’t do it”. On the other hand, there seem to be much less issues with the hardware as with SC5/6000s, like becoming unresponsive or doing reboots by themself.

1 Like

The 3000s haven’t been out very long and are too expensive for many people to afford (especially for the lack-lustre feature set) and lockdowned clubs don’t buy any gear. It all means that there aren’t anywhere near as many cdj3000 users out there, as there are Prime users - hence, less moans and issues being discovered.

1 Like

You hit the nail on the head. For both products, checking forums and groups for issues is not a good measure of reliability either people tend to post only when they have problems.

4 Likes

These mixers are all so similar that it’s really not an excuse in my opinion.

1 Like

True; But they just give units free to top DJ’s who record youtube video’s and the hurd blindly follow.

1 Like

I am glad i went with Denon, has Denon got it spot on, no, however they are doing more than Pioneer is, unless Pioneer are going to drop a whole load of gear all at the same time with the software up to speed Denon is just laying in an ultra combo of shots to Pioneer’s rib cage right now. Pioneer probably seeing stars however Denon likely is just warming up they just wanted to get all the hardware out there so they can focus on the software and take it up another level, one of my dj colleagues has bought the CDJ3000 with a v10 mixer whilst it does look nice that is the better part of six grand a full sc6000 set up with 2 lc6000’s £5000 depending on mixer of choice with all the versatility Denon is offering I am yet to see a solid justification for the CDJ 3000s purchase at this stage.

3 Likes