SC6000 vs. CDJ3000

Pick your poison.

Below is a size proportionate side by side of the Denon SC6000 and Pioneer CDJ3000. You can see the high resolution image by visiting https://tinyurl.com/cdj3000vssc6000

4 Likes

The 2020 pioneer

It’s no prime beater is it

4 Likes

Needs a ‘neutral party’ mixer like DB4 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The DJM 750MK2/900NXS/900NXS2/850/800 are in almost every booth across the country. I wanted to keep a mixer in the image that everyone is already comfortable on for comparison.

just a little biasing

Nice photo. The 6000 will sell more to individual consumers, serous hobbyist djs and some pro djs. Where as the 3000 is more aimed at club installations, festivals and hire companies as well as pro djs of course. Denon have got their strategy right I think, there is a much bigger market now with mobile, bedroom and serous hobbyist/semi pro dj market. That’s a huge market.

More and more people are djing than ever before but only a tiny perecentage will play in clubs and even smaller perentage will make it to the top, like 1% or something. Which is cool as Denon has 99% to go for.

8 Likes

Especially considering their target market isn’t even available in most countries, so it’ll be the pros at home buying them in the 00s, maybe early 000s, whereas the longer clubs stay closed, the more important that home market becomes.

1 Like

You hit the nail right on the head. I am thankful that services like Rekord.cloud and Rekordbuddy exist. Now you can have any piece of kit you want at home and be ready to rock at the club with a couple of mouse clicks.

1 Like

one thing that denon does best is they LISTEN TO THERE CUSTOMER! this is why the sc6000 going do very well. not everyone is happy with the cdj 3000 and its price. and beside denon is more for the people and there needs.

6 Likes

The problem I see around me is that DJ’s will match the brand/ecosystem of the clubs/venues/festivals they sometimes play at. If Pioneer still has those last group on their side, the home user chooses accordingly…

2 Likes

For those with ambitions to do that. Most don’t. More and more djs are in it more as a hobby, which is a huge market.

Considering that most clubs and venues around the world are shut due to Covid, I expect there won’t be that many orders for the Pioneers just yet (other than their loyal customers).

2 Likes

5 Likes

Agreed. They will sell in the container load just not to you or I. :grin::grin:

1 Like

I thought so too, but 8 more used CDJ2000NXS2’s were added to my Reverb feed on Thursday alone. Someone out there is upgrading.

One could respond that InMusic almost resembles this about to take their next shots now after the CDJ-3000’s big reveal…

I’m hoping he makes it, because I personally have money riding on Will/InMusic.

1 Like

Im on InMusic’s side for the long run. If Denon was to work with NI on their API to build HID for Traktor, they would open up a huge side of the market. There’s still tons of movement in the NI forums for people looking for single deck HID controllers that don’t cost more than a used car.

6 Likes

Reliability seems to be the largest complaint I see regarding modern Denon products. For example, on the DJ subreddit, I’ve seen countless people say they want to switch to Denon but the reliability isn’t there. Unfortunately I can somewhat agree.

I’ve found a serious amount of consistent issues with my 5000’s and x1800 and a lot of people on that forum report issues as well. I can’t comment on the 6000’s, but there seem to be consistent complaints and concerns across the board with the entire lineup.

This. And I agree Denon has a bad reputation with reliability People don’t understand that they are lot of complains in reddit with build quality for the SC5000 and X1800 in compare to the pioneer product its a serious problem

1 Like

because a lot of people only reach out if they have a problem. one could of course say the same about any other brand but pioneer has stage-managed itself as the holy dj grail and that’s of course not to be criticized. it never ceases to amaze me how many people obey to things like that. if you want examples, just look at how bugs and feature requests (including the users’ replies) are written in the pioneer forum compared to here or any other brand’s support area.

simply put, if you say something bad about the brand or item that’s considered cool, you’re not.

4 Likes