Problems with the sweep FX section input after update 1.2

It completely cuts out

It actually makes a little sense how it is even without RMS compensation for the peaks. 3 o’clock puts the threshold at the 0dBVu LED. Next dot clockwise is the next white LED. Max is the top white LED. Below 3 o’clock the curve matching with the meter is a lot less linear, but seems o.k. for quiet sections. It does nothing until you’re past the first right dot, but at least there’s not a too-narrow deadzone on the right side like on the left. Be careful testing the first threshold past the first dot to the right.

I’ve seen the Denon follow up about gain etc, so will have a go with that up and see if the response is different. At least it is meant to be that way…

I will have time next Saturday to make a video about the Gate problems. The other SweepFX works for now, even If it means that the decibel meters need to go fully white on the mixer.

@Alan_inMusic Can you message me your email or something so I can contact you? My video files are too large for this site.

YouTube unlisted, create message here, edit message with link

1 Like

I was not able to make a Vid, but still having trouble. I also got trouble with the DATA transfer from the update to the mixer. Can someone from DenonDJ clarify if that could be an Issue? Since I see topics popping up with similar issues I had while updating the mixer? @Nekoro_DenonDJ Can you ask if a second install of the firmware caused trouble in the Sweep FX? I saw a video on Laidback Lukes Facebook where the Sweep FX is working better then mine does at the moment. And it has really gone Rogue after the 1.2 update. Any idea how to fix or repair this? Or is there a patch comming soon for the Streaming service Denon just announced, and all of this is getting fixed with that as well? Regards, Wes.

Hey @wezzy-k, we cannot really assist you any further without a video recording with examples of the Gate FX you are having issue with.

@Nekoro_DenonDJ I made two Videos:

This shows the main issue with the gate.

This shows how the other behaves, which are working correctly on the sound system, So we tackled it only to Gate only.

Due to the music rights, the videos are set on hidden.

I don’t see the problem with Gate in your videos. It seems to be doing exactly what they’ve said it should. You might want to stop moving it around when you’re on the right side, as it’s dependent on the peaks the channel is hitting. If you move the knob back and forth like that it’s not going to have time for the music to cut back in. Also, if the peaks are too high, it won’t blank the sound out at all.

Before the update it just worked like the Pioneers and the Allen & Healths. Cut the bass on the first quarter. Now I need to either just move to knob to right to get a effect or it cuts the sound completely. I need to turn the volume of the mixer so high… I Just feel like they downgraded it.

I don’t recall using the right side of the gate enough to say it wasn’t doing that prior to the firmware update, but if you leave the knob to the right when it has cut out, it should come back with a certain rate based on the dynamics of the music, the peak level you’re hitting, etc. Others would have to chime in on whether or not it’s been changed in the latest update.

BTW, here is their description of the earlier firmware and Gate to the right, and I don’t see it to be different than what I’m seeing now…

On my 1.1 turning it to the right gives not so much as a cut-out then it does now.

I can’t say for sure, but in your videos I notice the tracks you’re testing it with have basically no dynamics… they’re very crushed and similar average loudness from one moment to the next. Perhaps that has something to do with you not seeing the music come back rhythmically.

The Music I use is straight bought from Beatport. It is Trance as you noticed, but I have the same issue with the music style Laidback Luke plays. The question is however, on his mixer it works, on mine it does not. So… What is the difference?

Try making another video with music that has dynamics and leave the knob to the right in the spot where it first starts to blank out. Don’t move it back to 12 o’clock immediately. That would be helpful at least to see if it’s doing something different than it’s supposed to right now, regardless of whether or not it’s been changed in the latest firmware.

I mostly play electronic Dance Music and that is where I want to use it for.

Pick one of your tracks that has just a beat or something in a particular section and isn’t so dense that the meter can’t be seen bouncing. Get the sound to cut on the right side of gate, and leave it there for a bit to see if the music comes back as the peaks change.

I have ti dissapoint. Every track is like this in modern dance music.Well, I tried it on a Phil Colins track and it does exactly the same as on the EDM track. @Nekoro_DenonDJ A factory reset seems to have fixed the complete sweep FX section. The echo does the right job now, the Gate to the right does the right thing now and noise works alot better then previously and the was to the right is also working now. I needed to hard reset the SC5000 also to get the update working but the set is back on operations. Thanks for the input, cannot edit the topic title.

@wezzy-k I’m glad you were able to find a solution through a factory reset.

1 Like