Problem with effects

I believe that’s intentional - param button for those effects kills the sound but keeps the echo playing - I guess the idea is it’s to be used for transitioning out of a song but freeing up a hand so you don’t have to kill the channel volume simultaneously.

I got my P4 a couple days ago after moving over from the X1800 and SC5000s. I agree that the effects don’t work as they should or do on the X1800 Mixer. The volume changes happen on most of mine with the Flanger being particularly unusable because of it. Another thing I noticed - why no 16 or 32 beats on the Phase or Flanger effects on the P4? i’m sure they’ll get sorted in the next firmware update (fingers crossed) The P4 otherwise is amazing, fitted an SSD and transferring music is rapid !

3 Likes

It was obvious that the prime 4 was, at about a third of the cost of an x1800 and sc5000 pair setup was not going to give exactly the same performance - otherwise there would be no reason for anyone to buy the 1800/5000.

Effects may be one of those cheap verses top-notch elements

1 Like

Agreed in my experience Echo both lowers and increases volume depending on application. I also experienced Param killing the sound; seemed pretty drastic. Hopefully fixes coming soon! Excellent gear all around and hope that this won’t dampen that.

1 Like

I still am having this issue, if you leave the echo on the volume cuts lower, sometimes spikes up. Seems like the quantize is off and it compresses the sound on the main track. Whatever is happening, it sounds terrible. I can do a quick on-off with the echo to get an ok effect, but if I want to leave it on for a few cycles to get a layering effect, it sounds horrible.

I notice the Denon Staff chimed in a few months ago and said they would check this out, any updates or info?

Is this something happening to everybody or are there a few glitched Prime4’s that are experiencing this?

I do think param button is actually supposed to kill the sound to do an easier “echo out” instead of having to lower the faders

3 Likes

Just bought Prime 4, and immediately updated firmware to be sure to have most performant system.

And one of the first things was play around with effects, and directly somewhat disappointed/surprised to find this effects issue. Volume up/down, weird compression going on when tapping on/off and playing with dry/Wet.

I’m a little bit re-assured that it is a bug as i thought this would be the ‘normal’ and i had to get used to it.

Is there is bug report ticketing system somewhere?

OliverAlex

Hollowpoint

1m

for mixing we would use the sweep FX, that’s why they are on the mixer.

no the effects should serve creative or rhythmic purposes, like doubling a hihat for example. It should be as transparant as possible and blend nicely in with the original levels

The volume drop/increase is unfortunately on every Prime 4.

1 Like

Facing the same issue as well. Seems to be dependant on parameters set, the song that’s playing and where in the song you are (if there’s a beat going it’s less noticeable where as no beat or during a break it’s extremely noticeable). Please fix this Denon. As it stands the effects are unusable

2 Likes

Hi Denon.

Any update on the above FX issue?

Which above Effect issue? Members seem to have added different stories onto the first story instead of starting. New thread or bug report for each.

The one where the sound is lowered or raised when enabling or disabling effects or using the wet/dry

1 Like

I’ve created a bug report to see if this can be fixed. It seems it’s been a long term ongoing issue with someone people mentioning it up to 12 months ago! That’s far too long for a bug like this to be unaddressed. If you’re having this issue, pop over and give it a like or comment with your experiences so Denon can get onto a fix.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/effects-causing-volume-to-fluctuate/23380

Hey just bought a Prime go and OMG the echo effect is almost useless. It increases the volume dramatically to where I can’t even leave it on enough for one beat when it’s set to one beat.

An instant volume increase as soon as you got the on button at any wet/dry setting above 1/4 turn.

At a 1/4 turn set for one beat you don’t even get a tail.

Has there been any fixes for this issue ??

This is a Prime 4 thread. You don’t need to signpost one problem across multiple threads - mentioning different models into threads about one problem can be as destructive as hijacking a thread that’s about one issue, with other issues.

You’ve mentioned your “Go fx” problem on a “Go” thread, but ideally the proper bug form with it’s pre-set questions would have been best to use

Didn’t realize sorry :neutral_face: found the thread by google search thought it was relevant and then found go forum after.

Is this still an issue? I want to buy the Prime 4 but i dont want to run into this issue. Is it the case with all Prime 4s or is it a bug on only a few?

I personally would say there is no issue, or if any then it’s not as dramatic as people are claiming.

If you notice, some people are saying the level jumps up, some say it goes down, others say it goes up AND down…

I have listened myself and don’t hear anything as major as some are saying.

Don’t let it stop you buying the Prime 4. It’s a fantastic piece of technology.

I agree with you, this is no big deal.

It’s only the users settings that can make the same effect seem to be louder when used by one user, but seem quieter when used by another user.

Volume is going up and down or down and up, it’s true, regarding me and other people too. This is the only section in my p4 I don’t touch for these reasons. In the other side sweep effects are pretty good. I have said that p4 is a piece of art but look we have ears too. So if effects are OK for you then you are not all people. By the way just to mention that before I purchase my p4 brand new I had found a second hand in the city I live and when I met the dj the reason of selling was ONLY the effect part. Finally from all the effects, in my ears only ROLL is working very good.

1 Like