PRIME 4, now shipping

I think DENON are waiting for Pioneer to release their 4 channel stand alone so we can buy that instead.

3 Likes

Personally I would rather get a unit that required an update that takes 2 hours vs get it an additional month later. Pre-ordered back in Februaryā€¦ Maybe I will get it February 2020. Iā€™ve been very close to cancelling.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know about yā€™allI I CANCEL MY ORDER this is too much I just stick with my DDJ 1000 for now, too many problems. How you donā€™t have enough units to ship you shouldā€™ve been making the P4 from January S.M.H I know the game DENON release a few hundred of the P4 so it can sell out. Then tell people itā€™s a hot item

If Denon were shipping a question come to mind. Why havenā€™t our American Dj friends got their P4 ā€˜s yet ???

1 Like

Spoke to my Retailer today just on the off chance they knew something we dont. Obviously I was wrong ! Please Denon some info please !? Pre - Ordered 1st Feb and patience is slowly running thin as i think it is for alot of other people. some reassurance or something would be ideal really !

3 Likes

Iā€™m also a new customer and I totally agree with Tobes, Just tell us whatā€™s happening so we donā€™t feel like we are just hanging from a string. Everything up to now has been the most unprofessional that I have seen from any company.

Iā€™ve been trying for weeks to get any info at all from my suppler in Manchester, UK. So I thought I would have a look round other local DJ stores in or around the Manchester area where I have seen them for sale, got a total shock to see that the largest store in the center of Manchester that stocks a large selection of DJ gear has removed the Prime 4 from its website and not only that, it has also removed anything related to it on its search engine, not quite sure what to think, because it was listed on their site only last week.

Just canceled my order from ZZSoundsā€¦ā€¦bought another CDJ2000nxs2ā€¦still got my MCX8000 so Iā€™m good for a while.

1 Like

This whole thing is quite concerning, one of the largest DJ stores in Manchester UK has actually removed the Prime 4 from its website and refunded any pre orders, I seriously do not no what to think, doesnā€™t help me as a new Denon customer.

1 Like

May I ask which store? Also, just this second received an email from getinthemix saying that itā€™s delayed until next week, even then they donā€™t know how many theyā€™ll be getting in to fulfil the pre-orders, then theyā€™ll get them every week after that, but again, they donā€™t know how many.

Marvellous.

Iā€™m going to ruffle feathers here, but this pre-ordering thing has seriously spoiled people. Thereā€™s no explicit or implied guarantee of anything between you and InMusic on a third-party pre-order. InMusic having any communications at all on the matter to the public is pretty generous of them.

1 Like

looking at Pioneer gear nowā€¦ lost all faith :frowning:

You might be correct at them not owing us any communication, but there are a lot of high end tech companies that have set a higher bar in transparency in communication, it really puts pressure on InMusic to try to match that level of communication or transparency. At the very least they should be giving their retailers new dates. They are now getting lots of orders being cancelled because of this. Also if the Prime4 finally ships and it is riddled with bugs or other problems what then? All this delay would be basically in vain and do more damage to the company.

522/5000

I made my decision, after years of using Denon products, today I decided to cancel my order and request a refund. This waiting only brought me damage, one of them was selling off the MCX8000, and after months of waiting I found myself buying another product in order to guarantee service in small rooms. I had sworn never to buy a Pioneer product again, today I bite my tongue ā€¦ So much publicity so many good videos and then nothing. Silence reigns. Bye bye Denon.

@Jay_DenonDJā€¦ We are loosing brothers to The Dark Side at the momentā€¦ Input needed.

1 Like

Denon just announced that wifi connection and direct music streaming will be available on Prime4 as well as other Prime series, from now! Was that the reason for all delays??? :grin:

1 Like

I sold my MCX8000 back in January in preparation for the Prime 4.

I decided not to pre-order as I was working out of the country until mid-April and thought anything would have been ironed out by the time Iā€™m back.

When I realised there was a delay I tried to pre-order and was told June by the time the retailer (BopDJ) had got through back orders.

Now Iā€™m probably looking at late summer by the time I get one as Iā€™m still not on the list (I go back to sea in June). It was for work as I DJ on a ship.

Itā€™s back to the DJM 850 for this next contract I think which is a real shame. I was looking forward to picking this up before I went back.

I understand there is bugs and manufacturing issues that need ironing out but hey-ho. Iā€™ll probably be picking mine up when any issues have been reported!

This new Denon DJ streaming feature may have been part of the delay? Looking amazingā€¦ Prime 4 is worth the wait.

https://www.denondj.com/denon-dj-announces-worlds-first-streaming-capability-in-standalone-dj-hardware?fbclid=IwAR2UuXmjeBlbFhWmGB0GYyzRT81eLXS-L5dGkYGJN_bFMvdIk9y4qfrMtgU

1 Like

If they have added WIFI onto the prime 4 to introduce the streaming service then fair doos but still no info on here from Denon saying this was getting added.

The wifi was always there, as it was on the other SC5000 players. Itā€™s not been added recently, it has been dormant. This new service is something that will be coming in the summer and is pretty cool. Tidal makes it interesting as I can enjoy playlists on different machines.