Prime 4 Fader Snapped

I used a lot of different setups and I seen people abusing faders like crazy. Even on djm mixers they were able to snap very easily. So it’s not the material but dj heavy hands that is mostly the cause of fader snapping.

1 Like

Abusing any gear can break it, and maybe the Prime faders are as durable as anything else, but it isn’t confidence inspiring with how wiggly the faders are.

1 Like

As far as I seen, they are as wiggly as on any dj gear. No issue here. Want solid hardcore faders - go for a old school stage mixer.

The age of them I am not sure of, but more used then the prime 4 I have, it’s practically brand new. No calibration or scientific tests either, just feeling and with years of experience DJing experience I can tell how strong a fader is by moving it up and down yes.

2 Likes

Sorry but simply not true. My fader snapped in exactly the same manner - even the description that it felt a bit loose prior to the snap. It snapped whilst doing a set - no biggie as still have three others but a pain to be sure. I live in the Philippines and brought mine in from the US, so no easy way to get it repaired. (They do not sell them here)

1 Like

In the same way I can tell if it’s going to snow at Christmas … ? I have a similar mystical psychic power… I can tell who’s likely to be repeatedly attributing their blame onto the equipment

2 Likes

hahahaha well said, again this is just my opinion. I personally think the prime 4 is a beautiful piece of DJ gear, definitely more sophisticated then it’s peers. Just have had this reoccurring issue with the ones I’ve received. If they look at it and deem that i was too hard on it, I’ll happily pay for the repair. The biggest issue I’m facing is the no response.

2 Likes

While that shouldn’t happen, and I can only guess that a certain worldwide pandemic has had some negative affect on how many staff are in service teams around the world.

My experience of service from denon / in-music is that it’s like Cinderella’s magic castle, but surrounded with a 50metre razorwire fence, machine gun nests and a team of loose werewolves patrolling it. Ergo: once you’re in past the first hurdle, the email system form, then you’re given the benefit of expect knowledge and quite fast and substantial support.

But, there seems to be a big problem getting over that giant fence, the email contact form. I don’t know if the email field chops a letter off the front or back of the “reply to” email address, rendering it useless, or if all the emails get converted to “tickets” but something in the conversion process causes some conversions to get lost, or what. But an awful lot of people don’t reach the palatial treatment that the majority of others get.

At least the caps don’t fly of like they do on some Pioneer mixers. I am still looking for a lost cap of a 900NXS mixer after it went flying into the crowd :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ou I had this many times with pio mixers. Caps fall off, damaged faders wobbly pots and smashed fx on button… I seen it all… just amazing how disrespectful people treat others gear…

It’s DJ HeavyHands

3 Likes

Yeah thats so true. I always wonder what kind of abuse certain people do with gear that isn’t their own.

I had to DJ on a CDJ-2000 with a broken jogwheel and cue button once (sticky beer damage and a smashed cue), it was a nightmare. Fortunately I set all my hot-cues in advance, but I had to be near perfect with the button presses. Longest 4 hours I ever had to DJ.

1 Like

I had to make a scratch session on a djm850 with a broken crossfader :smiley: that was a nightmare :smiley:

Hi, This is not the ONLY ISOLATED INCIDENT. The exact same thing happened to me along with many other problems regarding the sweep knobs and software issues. And also a friend who purchased the same unit and plays prog…

Software is now very cool and solid. (After a replacement unit) My fader snapped exactly the same spot like this after minimal usage. I have professionally dj’d (20 years) on 200 traktor gear at worst and xone and allen and heath mixers at best. DJM’s the norm. This feels like the metal is aluminium on faders, no joke.

There is a design flaw in the faders which causes them to become loose VERY easy. I have experienced gear such as American DJ when starting out and Behringer no class mixers. This is worse. Volume faders and knobs are flimsy, loosen easily, and slack on faders is actually slight bending of metal, which eventually snaps. (I cannot upload images as a new user but the snap is exact same spot.) My repairer has already changed one fader close to snapping under warranty. Lucky my Denon Distributor and dealer are working with me on this once again. I am curious as to whether we can upgrade the fader as the rest of the unit is solid beside the sweep flying off being loose. (which may have an alternative easy fix), still not really acceptable. As for the unit as a whole it is a great unique thing. Though promoting the club use and running 2 room thing is a little bit optimistic in my eyes. Especially with regard to the design/build quality, and flaws mentioned.

2 Likes

Please read my post…

1 Like

Update I’ve had my Denon I believe for 2 years now I don’t know I got it when they first came out the middle to faders are bleeding and the play button on the right I got to really press it for it to work anymore and I’ve had the thing glitch out a few times here and there other than that it’s still pretty solid I did take mine to to Mountain parties and have about every in the buddy in their mom play on this thing in the last year-and-a-half two years lol

2 Likes

Nope. they do that too actually! Especially the sweep knob, and same as you I am still looking for it atm lol.

The fixed the pot on the sweep know. They also replaced one bending fader for me but then the channel with a bit more “slack” snapped off easier than you can snap a twig.

1 Like

Yeah you posted that crappy meme twice now. “Idiot make meme, send numerous time, not good at words”

Also not help anyone because he like to troll. Oogabooga Mr Anderson, Oogabooga.

1 Like

Well, my friend is also looking for new faders for Prime 4…

1 Like