Prime 4 Fader Snapped

Tell him to sell the thing and buy sc5000’s and an independent mixer.

It really is a shame, as there are sooo many great points about this thing. I could look past almost everything else beside the faders snapping so easily (ps this douche bag, who most likely doesn’t own or has never even used a Prime 4 can call me and the other guy hulk all he wants with his crap meme, I care not). The next problem is that my pitch fader has gone nuts and is adjusting other channels, not registering at all sometimes, and also taking up and down quick movements before the unit “clicks” what is happening. Hopefully that is just software related, and denon do have a solid team constantly improving software, so not completely a deal breaker. Yet all in all it is not fit for what it is advertised as, which is, club use. Proper Djing. The zone to another room proves what they are advertising the unit as. No one plays in their room and runs a zone to the toilet at home (as cool as that may sound).

1 Like

As others have already said, this is perfectly normal and is called “soft takeover” . It’s the way that almost every hardware device which has auto-sync functions re-unites the physical pitch control to the virtual pitch value. The primes go a step further than a lot of devices by having the Green LED arrows at the top and bottom of the pitch control. If the up arrow is lit, it means you’ve got to push the pitch control up up up to re-unite the physical pitch control with the current pitch the playing track has been software-pitched up to.

It will be less confusing, for yourself and others if you just talk about one thing in one thread instead of lumping completely unrelated things together

1 Like

I understand this. The unit is not just doing soft takeover, which is it not able to register. It is also controlling a seperate channel that is not selected.

What I said stands. They tried. It’s actually really cool;. But it fails in a lot of ways.

"The primes go a step further than a lot of devices by having the Green LED arrows at the top and bottom of the pitch control. If the up arrow is lit, it means you’ve got to push the pitch control up up up to re-unite the physical pitch control with the current pitch the playing track has been software-pitched up to.

It will be less confusing, for yourself and others if you just talk about one thing in one thread instead of lumping completely unrelated things together"

Do you work for Denon or just read the manual? We all know this. I have been djing for 20 years.

That is not the issue.

Reading the manual and understanding it is something else. Be nice to other users. No one offends You here, and You start doing so…

Well, I don’t see anything offensive from @DJ_Sontag here or anywhere else… Only constructive critics, and logic answers.

Nothing offensive here, please read whole story first.

Don’t worry mate. Denon Forum… They will try and delete and censor any negative review. And the fools making memes probably don’t even play, nor own a prime 4.

Cheers

Well, that’s a lie. Posts will not be edited, deleted or otherwise censored. Not when I’m around.

Your post got hidden, because you directly tell other members to shove it and they will flag a post.

Being negative about a product here is fine. It keeps us all objective. Bad forms of conduct is not fine. And yes, the Hulk meme was funny the first time; the second time… mehh I agree with you.

Just for the record, I have owned a Prime 4 since June. The faders are not bent or broken. The sweep FX knob has not flown across the room. I have not needed to return it for repairs. I am not on my 2nd or 3rd unit. I see no difference between this and any of the other DJ kit I have owned.

I’ve been buying kit for DJing, recording and PA use for decades, and have never suffered a broken fader, knob or things apparently just falling apart when I touch them.

This applies to kit at all levels. Some cheap, some expensive premium brand stuff.

It’s used at home and also taken on the road regularly.

So, to me it seems rather strange that some people claim to have things breaking off with the slightest touch, even after having replacement units. Something doesn’t add up.

6 Likes

I can relate to this. Also cheap 20€ controllers as even 2000€ cdj’s never had a smallest issue with any dj gear I owned. I have prime series since 207 - still all works like new. No faders, knobs, buttons are causing any problems. No freezups or hiccups, all 4 decks and the mixer work perfectly.

Just been reading this with interest. I bought my Prime 4 in June last year. It’s been in one room in a flight-case (sadly no gigging to be had), and really just gets used for a few hours per week (I do a radio show for a couple of hours, and probably spend 3 or 4 hours prepping for that).

Exactly the same issue happened to me. CH2 fader snapped off. I’ve been in touch with my supplier (another EU shop which I thought was UK - old Digital Village, now Music Store). They have sent me the returns docs etc, so are covering the shipping. Hopefully they’ll get it fixed in a reasonable timeframe.

For now, back to my backup Pioneer.

As others have stated, I have never had anything break on any mixer, and also used all sorts from cheap 'n nasty through to pricey boutique.

1 Like

Channel1 fader broke off exactly like yours. Device 8 months old. Used maybe 100hours. Most likely less. Always under a cover, never got hit, never transported, used only at home. Im 46 years old, using faders for 30 years now. And never broke one off. You can see that the channel faders are very very veeeerrrryyy cheap metal quality!

1 Like

That’s what’s happening here. My faders are fine. I’m not heavy handed. OTOH the matt black paint around the faders I use most has become shiny. The white lines are all intact, but the matt finish is going. I guess that shows the difference in handling.

Ich frage das gleiche wie schon einige zuvor! Gibt es andere stabielere faider die man einlöten ? Ich finde es ist der beste standalone player den es auf dem markt gibt! Aber… mir ist jetzt auch schon der 2. Chanelfader abgebrochen! Ich arbeite seit 30 Jahren als professioneller dj. S streame Mittelweile professionell auf twitch und bin daher fast täglich über Stunden auf den Player angewiesen… Gleiche bruchstelle wie auf den ganzen fotos. Die 2 dünnen Verbindungsstäbe…! Warum wird b hier kein vollmaterial gewählt?!? Und von wegen Gewallt… in der Industrie wird so etwas sollbruchstelle genannt. Auch wenn hier auch nicht jeder meldet, dem bereits ein Chanel fader abgebrochen ist, denke ich das dieses Problem bei so einigen bei dauernutzung öfters auftritt! Bitte bitte sagen sie mir, ob es Einen Fader mit einem durchgehenden Metallsteg gibt, den man in diesem Gerät ebenfalls verwenden kann??? In 30 Jahren auflegen und mit etlichen pulten gearbeitet und nen in einem Jahr 2 brüche an chanelfadern! Und wie gesagt, es ist auch logisch! Fader wackeln in jede Richtung und der Metallsteg ist warum auch immer in der Mitte hohl?!? Also geht in 2 super dünne stege über? Keine Ahnung wofür das gut sein soll, außer einen vorherzusehenden bruch. Gibt es ein fader der auch Passen würde? Ich würde auch die Kosten für einen Austausch übernehmen! Ich verdiene Geld mit dem Gerät und bin darauf angewiesen! Liebe Grüße Calcoon

does anyone have a video, service manual … on how to dismental the Prime 4 to change the channel faders? as i can notice the mixer section have it’s own screws like separated from the deck section, is it only by unscrewing & removing the cover & change it or is it more complicated than this? my p4 is 2 days old & faders are wobbling already & feel cheap

2 Likes

If its only 2 days old its under warranty… you go taking it apart you throw your warranty away… Take it back to retailer.

1 Like

Yeah my fader snapped exactly the same on channel 2 fader - I’m 16 years sober before anyone suggests it broke coz I was mashed

I think it’s just cheap metal!

1 Like

Noi tried that, it is sealed lol - you have to take the back of then bravely start removing circuit boards - I didn’t have time so put it all back together again - I might give it another go this afternoon

My controller is sadly it of warranty but even if it wasn’t I’d be f’d anyway as I live in Spain and bought it in England - cheers brexit Muppets :sweat_smile::kissing_heart::sweat_smile:

1 Like