Pioneer DJ gear prophecy NAMM 2020

Isn’t that what the DJS-1000 is already? They do need a couple of tweaks on all their CDJ/XDJ firmwares, though, to really keep up even once Denon DJ’s firmware is eventually as stable and hi-fi sounding.

1 Like

New clubs will not be purchasing this as an install mixer.

It’s too different in layout and function from other club standard style mixers so runs the risk of most club DJs not being terribly comfortable with it.

No, this is definitely a mixer for guest DJs, touring DJs and other DJs that are able to give clubs technical riders.

1 Like

They cooking :shallow_pan_of_food:

They better transfer my license. Don’t Traktor us here. :-p

They could be replacing rekordbox with a lite version of rekordbox dj across computer software and iOS domains for prepping.

It wouldn’t be far stretch to assume that they would also start incorporating studio production elements into their dj software to kinda mimic ableton.

Maybe they dislike that denon primes can read rekordbox usb data and they’re rearranging the data format to stop that compatibility.

Cheap shot - but it might be their only advancement for a while.

That’s a good point. It could tie up Denon’s resources with working on a work around. It seems like they might be headed towards a remake or an overhaul and upgrade at least.

Pioneer could also change the data format to be more open. Imagine pioneer gear reading data from prepared traktor or serato collections back and forth.

I just thought it through though and if pioneer did change rekordbox data format, so that denons prime couldn’t read it until denon did a firmware update on each prime player, then pioneer would also have to do a firmware update for each of their rekordbox compatibility players. How many rekordbox players did pioneer make? That’s a lot of firmware releases from pioneer, who are known for not liking to make firmware updates

1 Like

Cross-platform compatibility and the ability to import third-party software music libraries into our chosen music database management software is a blessing to every DJ workflow.

In the case of Engine Prime we have to be thankfull to Denon DJ for deciding to offer external music libraries import capability. On the other side, Denon DJ couldn’t have offered this capability and then we should have prepared every track ourselves inside the software.

The same situation applies to Pioneer DJ also. They have to choose between working inside their proprietary hardware-software system or opening their software platform more, to offer any third-party music database import options, increasing end-user satisfaction and improving the DJ workflow between many software platforms.

Ultimately, it is Pioneer DJ and Denon DJ choise to decide what capabilities to offer in their proprietary software solutions. The end-user have their choise also to decide what system better suit their needs.

I think I seen a leek of new cdj…

1 Like

I don’t think that pioneer dj will even be able to manage a coffee maker since their latest sell off. What’s left of pioneer dj isn’t anything like as much as they were when they were making their main products. Since then they’ve been sold to smaller and smaller companies again and again.

Perhaps we should ask for a double espresso and see what happens.

Noritsu koki is bigger in capital than pioneer and krk together. They payed all 100% for the brand to both Krk and to pioneer for all their market shres in one go.

Which means that pioneer dJ is a smaller percentage concern of their business than pioneer dj was to its previous owners. I wouldn’t be surprised if it just gets asset stripped

I would like to see that coffee maker :smiley:

It’s 2 million quid and based on tech from 10 years ago - yeah that’s a pioneer alright !

1 Like

Will you be happy with just InMusic and no competition? With no Pioneer DJ to compete with what’s the guarantee that prices won’t go up?

Business is for profit, the whole idea is to get the most amount of return for little investment.

Be careful what you wish for.

I think it would be a good thing. Think about this situation, how about pioneer DJ stopped making any new models tomorrow (some day this might have happens already). They still repair what’s out there for years to come and still sell what’s in the warehouses for the next year. Word slowly leaks out about this news.

I think this will result in people not being so keen to blindly buy pioneer and I think that that shift of sheep-buying will be taken onboard by the clubs as more and more DJs tell the clubs that what they use at home is now, more and more, Denon DJ not pioneer. So, over the next 2 or 3 years, as club pioneer gear reaches “beyond economic repair” then clubs will look at what to buy new and pioneer won’t be an option, they’ll buy Denon. In turn, the happy wannabes will pay to go into a club and will see Denon in the booth and think, I can be a DJ, I need to buy what the clubs use.

While the DJ gear market isn’t stale when it comes to technology, like prime, the market share has gone stale : people buying pioneer but they don’t know why, and they don’t know they’re buying 2nd place goods in terms of features. Once the “coz it’s what the clubs all have” mantra fades out, pioneer gear isn’t all that “at the forefront” it’s pretty old tech in fact.

You are talking about being realistic and then throw arguments like

This is not majority, so what is Your problem? Denon is working on the Engine prime and I am sure we will see a lot of improvements still before summer this year. I have SC5000’s since they were first released and never had a single small issue with them. They still work perfectly today like fresh new out of the box.

1 Like

The VL12 deadzone problem is on every unit.

You’re a late adopter of Prime. Your experience is not representative of a lot of other users on this forum.

I have prime units since first release of very first devices, possible that I have the very first SC5000 that was available in Europe. That makes me very late adopter, thanks :wink:

About the vl12 pitch dead zone I know from very beginning and somehow it does not make a problem to use them.

@kradcliffe - what is Your point? Don’t buy the honda if You don’t like it? I know that improvements this year are coming and they will change a lot. Just need patience. Since the release I was playing with prime series and all these issues that are with the beat grid algorithm, engine prime not as sparkling as rekordbox, some functions not as intuitive as You would like, I was always able to play with these decks and still have fun. Are You a dj and play for people and Your own satisfaction or another spoiled purist wanting perfection from day One? Utopia is only on paper and imaginary.