Pioneer DJ gear prophecy NAMM 2020

You think he is not using Serato

He is one of traktorā€™s poster boys.

Money changes People or a Tesla (in Crazeā€™ case)

Pio DJM V10 :astonished:

Link already deadā€¦

Looks good. Lots of options. I think they cramped it all in one unit. However, it will be too complex for most fast user actions.

Messy

And the fx are all hard written on the panel. No chance of firmware fx additions there then

Does it come with a Rubikā€™s cube and leg warmers to blend in even more with the 1980s ?

2 Likes

Come on is pioneer gonna actually release something like that?:rofl:

I think traktor is working on supporting new gear like the rane 70 so it might be possible that he didnā€™t sell his soulšŸ˜‡

Looks like Pioneers attempt to coppy Model 1, but still in their pioneer way. A refreshed djm1000?

1 Like

Great post and sums up the Pioneer edge completely.

Pioneer is like the Titanic, larger than anything and dominating the market but canā€™t turn or pivot very quickly, therefore we know how that "couldā€™ end.

2 Likes

What?? Why??? Sometimes I think they do things just for the confusion value.

As if their products werenā€™t expensive enough, ā€œLetā€™s build a hybrid super yacht that no one can dock, must purchase a crew and you have to hire a specialized captainā€¦from USā€ .

PiO does it again, Thankfully 95% of us are festival DJā€™s !!

Wow, I wonder if A&H will be releasing anything?

Regardless of what we, Denon DJ equipment endorsers, think about the newly unveiled Pioneer DJ DJM-V10 mixer, it may very well be Pioneer DJ response to their equipment endorsers requests. The fact that the mixerā€™s effects can not be software updated is not necessarily a bad thing as long as they work as supposed to and the users are happy with them.

1 Like

Its a great looking mixer, for sure. How it performs and what the longevity will be is something I cant comment on.

If that is all that Pioneer are releasing, then Iā€™d be exceptionally disappointed if I was a Pioneer guy. No new players or controllers means they fall even further behind. Maybe they just donā€™t have an answer for Denonā€™s offerings.

Indeed. Unless you have $3199 or ā‚¬3299 to spend for this mixer.

Sod that!!!

What would have been even better than the Comp control would have been a Dyn control with 12 oā€™clock off, compressor on one side, and expander on the other. Lots of Utility settings tweaks you could also allow the adjustment on for those possible, tooā€¦ ratios, levels, thresholds, etc.

They probably used the plastic touch screen so it could be pressure sensitive instead of capacitive, which is less prone to interference and accidental presses. Quite a smart idea with making part of the control over the master effects a touch screen like that, IMO, as it allows changes later.

Definitely going after A&H and Playdifferently with that, especially the Xone 96 and DB4. Maybe also the Formula Sound FF6.2 and Rane MP2015. I assume the Rotarykits.com crew will be out with a mod. Itā€™s lacking simultaneous high and low pass filters, full effects sections per channel, and full matrix inputs of the DB4. For that matter, itā€™s missing even individual LP/HP selection for each channel. The Playdifferently, FF6.2, and MP2015 also have the ability to double up on both high and low pass on the same channel. Pioneer probably would have been better off replacing the treble with a dedicated LP and the low tone knob with a dedicated HP and lose their shared knob. That said, it looks like they went with normal EQs and not fixed or optional isolators on the channels, which is a good idea in and of itself even compared to the MP2015ā€™s current use of only reduced-group-delay quasi-FIR 2nd-order isos on the channels without any bypass or optional EQ mode possible considering its already got a master IIR 4th-order master iso.

Pioneer may have changed the ADC architecture, as it appears to be the first major Pioneer digital DJM to have fixed-gain analog inputs with the lack of the DJM900NXS2 and Tour ā€œclipā€ channel LED indicators for the true analog trimming. Not really necessary to have done it this way, but everyone else does digital DJ mixers this fixed way. Iā€™m curious about the DSP and audio processing code library they went with, because the particular TI one theyā€™ve been using since the DJM-800/1000 on has used very similar coding even with each new model, including the newest with double float, with kind of a bloated low-end, among other things. Their master out section is still kind of wanky, though, with boost over unity, a different metering scale, and an extra red. As a definite first for Pioneer, they did finally mark the unity with a specific zero on the master knob, but I doubt theyā€™re giving a -10dB option in the Utility settings like Denon gives you. Really no reason for it to have boost over unity on the master.

6 SPDIF inputs is a first and welcome. The AES/EBU master digital out from the Tour is also welcome.

Not quite sure how you persuade the Xone analog, Playdifferently, or Formula Sound crowd to come over to digital. Certainly X1700, DB4, MP2015, and even the PPD9000 (that had channel compressors, by the way) proved you can get digital sound that meets or exceeds even the best analog DJ mixers, so perhaps this is just a matter of getting audiophile DJs to listen to the V10 or the other top digital boards.

And may I just finally point out those meters? I guess meant to help people with color blindness. Lots of indications of Pioneer trying to play catch up with other brands on the V10.

Nonetheless, this is a very exciting mixer.

2 Likes

Never thought about it, but yes you are possibly right that this may largely appeal to the Pioneer hardcore crowd. I have a fireplace, so I can burn my money more conveniently without giving it to them. I know, weā€™re like the Cleveland Brown fan who ā€œFinallyā€ gets to laugh at the New England Patriots for getting knocked out of the playoffs early. Then we wake up from our drunken night to discover our best game was when we lost by 28 points and havenā€™t been to the playoffs in a decade. Then our favorite player goes to the Patriots the next year.

The new mixer feels like a bulwark against A&H encroachment. Decent chance a lot of clubs buying new installs will opt for this as their primary mixer. It lets traktor jockeys and effect heads play on the same gear as the rest of us, along with the nice double cue system.

I dig the fact that the built in (aka sweep) effects can be sent to a return channel. Very cool to be able to play w that much control all built in. Tho itā€™s not clear to me if the beat effects (on the right) can be similarly routed, which would be a shame.

Not into only one filter for all the channels! Def feels like a step back there.

No new CDJs is interesting. Iā€™d love to be a fly on the wall at Pio these days.

My Behringer DDM4000 4 Channel (Programmable EQ on each/fine tune EQ in settings LP,Q-mid etc )Ultramizer 2 FX units and built in sampler. Can swap out factory built in crossfader for scratch one no need for any firmware updates works perfect with SC5000M media players I only paid $700(AUD):+1:

Hell if im Pioneer DJā€¦i would just put a wrench in the Change your Rider game and develop a RMX/SAMPLER that meets all the demands of what us Prime users have been asking for!