Pioneer CDJ Nexus 3/XDJ 2000

It’s a fact

Well until its on Pioneers page, nothing is a fact :slightly_smiling_face: But I’m glad that I use Denon :muscle:

2 Likes

here we go and the price is 2400 ■■■■■■■ euros seriously…

1 Like

Finally ! We can now enjoy more the sc6000/M :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Seriously, how awful/messy is this CDJ 3000 design …and the price OMG :scream: :scream: :scream: !!! The only thing I like is the screen size, 10" is a bit to big … Even the sc5000/M are better than this CDJ

There’s room now for Denon to become the new King :muscle:t5:

3 Likes

Where have you seen that? Can’t see anything official yet…

1min 20 the price

When he says “Pioneer DJ”, the YouTube subtitle translation is “pirate bay”. :rofl:

5 Likes

so you can buy 2 denon for the price of 1 pioneer almost - you can put lipstick on a pig, its still a pig.

2 Likes

Totally nailed it!! I was waiting for Pioneer’s response and I am underwhelmed to say the least. I’ll keep my NXS2s, but now I am finally ready to invest in a pair of SC6000s.

2 Likes

I thought the pioneer would drop something better also. Unless something better pops up under the hood Pioneer will start diminishing😂

1 Like

If this picture is actually what Pioneer is teasing to release, I’m not very impressed. It looks like a final ‘hurrah’ from Pioneer, and by the looks of it, a poor attempt to match the Prime offerings. I’ll bet $$$ that the asking price will be nearly double that of the SC6000. It’s appeal will be only to hardcore Pioneer fans. I’m predicting that there will be a new king on the block… HAIL PRIME!

2 Likes

$2399.00 Euro

If the leaked photos on the internet are true, then I would say that they are not worth it.

1 Like

Well let’s stop the speculation and see what Pioneer themselves have to say:

Black:

White:

Specs:

Video:

Support page: https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/product/player/cdj-3000/black/support/#info

1 Like

Wow they are awful! So I could almost get 2 sc6000’s or 1 cdj 3000 :thinking::thinking::joy::joy: The thing is that pioneer fans will flock and buy them as they are so brand loyal and they refuse to look at denon despite offering so much more and for half the price (that’s why I moved from pioneer). I wish this was the turning point for denon to become industry standard but I don’t think it will :pensive:

1 Like

Looks alright to me.

The stacked waveforms can be done on a single unit without layers. That’s cool.

Now they also stated this unlocks rekordbox dj performance mode.

Having the best technology or fancy features has never been a prerequisite for success.

Reliability, Service and Ease of use will always be my top priority.

Competition is good. It pushes both the challenger and the champion. We the spectators get the benefit of this.

4 Likes

We agree that the reliability with Denon DJ is not really perfect in 2020, we still have issue with scappring noise with the Jog, build quality, audio problem with distortion and frequency range not really perfect 20hz to 22khz and other stuff

1 Like

I just noticed whilst watching Phil Morse’s video, that (at 7:16) the ‘source’ screen not only lists the various sources, but also displays number of songs, number of playlists, date, total space, available space and has an option to set a colour for each source.

I think the Prime players would benefit from some of that useful info.

4 Likes

We agree that the reliability with Denon DJ is not really perfect in 2020

I think you overexaggerate a bit… the hardware is fine and of higher quality compared to the plastic Pioneers, jogs had some issues on the 5000s units but updates for sensitiy and pitch bend helped a lot. The CDJ jogs are really noisy due to those cheap axle bearings, not a fan of mechanical jogs for that reason. Other stuff is mostly software which can be updated and mostly had been since 2017. Including new functions, for free!

I am underwhelmed by that new CDJ-3000. As expected through those leaks, it is cluttered with even more buttons while Prime units feature more intuitive workflows, looks pretty ugly, lacks performance pads, dual deck and costs twice as much as a SC5000. Unlocking Rekordbox is not a pro argument either, it should be a matter of course in all honesty. A small DDJ400 or DJM750 unlocks RB Performance Mode, while the flagship NXS2 decks and DJM900 require a subscription, wut? This makes zero sense and upsets their users for a good reason.

1 Like

The only real new feature Will be touch cue. You van listen to a different part of the playing track using link on the djm.

My first opinion is this 3000 is Just a nxs2 upgrade. It hold todays technology.

Does Denon have a reaction to this by applying a fancy update? .

1 Like