Pioneer CDJ Nexus 3/XDJ 2000

the stacking waveform is really a cool option i really hope denon DJ are working on this with the new interface leak from Laidback luke And the cue button look more reliable on the CDJ 3000 and better quality

2 Likes

I like the ā€œlook aheadā€ option a lot.

That is probably the only thing Iā€™m impressed with to be honest.

3 Likes

Youā€™re right and itā€™s important to remember that on a forum, thereā€™s often imbalance between those who joined to show the great functionality and how they do their workflows etc, and those who have joined the forums to ask about repairing their smashed crossfader, ask how loop x works, ask why format y doesnā€™t work yet, ask where they can get spares from etc together with those who have their own agenda of noticing something they think isnā€™t to their liking and twisting every topic to their find, repeatedly.

Itā€™s like if you stand in a car repair shop for a day, youā€™re not going to hear anything nice about that car brand, only negatives

2 Likes

Yeah . The DND9000 I had, and the DNs5000 tabletops had that ability back in 2001.

Now of course, we can use instant double and the other layer to do far more than just ā€œlookā€ ahead. Or just use layer without instant doubles - depending on what you wanted to do ā€œaheadā€

3 Likes

The only thing that could make my day even better, is if I recieved my SC6000/ X1850 setup today :joy:

Pioneer fans are dissapointed, and I would be hell yeahā€¦ I UNDERSTAND! :joy:

5 Likes

Looks like a good player. Iā€™m sure it will be a reliable unit. For me though way too much money. Be interesting to see where this unit ends up in 12 months. (streaming services, WiFi etc). Seriously though the 5000s and particulary the 6000s are booth material. The 6000s look the part now and for a half the price i hope venues seriously consider switchin to Denon. Back on topic. Good solid sexy looking unit that Iā€™m sure will sell well.

Apparently from the comments on Reddit, no streaming/WiFi or dual-layer is planned.

I do like certain aspects of the UI and UX, compared to Denonā€™s Engine OS.

In the track browser, the touch icons on the left side can apparently be chosen by the user via Rekordbox, to display their personal choice - which is then available via one touch rather than being on a separate menu.

The layout of the filter options screen (and choice of filters) is good too.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if to reply on this cdj3000 story of the ā€œearly footage cdj3000ā€ story. Iā€™ll go here

I think this 3000 doesnā€™t scream ā€œIā€™m bigger and better than the cdj2000ā€ and it doesnā€™t scream ā€œIā€™m better than a primeā€ either. I think pioneer released this this year just for the sake of it. Just for the sake of saying that they released a new model in 2020 in response to prime.

By releasing this ā€œnewā€ deck Pioneer have drawn attention to themselves and that they have turned their back on innovation and invention. Thereā€™s nothing on the 3000 it seems, that couldnā€™t have been included on something sold in 2010 - thatā€™s a really bad admission. Reviews are already showing what the differences are between pioneer 3000 and denon prime and for the ones Iā€™ve seen the prime is smashing it in many ways against cdj3000

Pioneer would have been better not releasing anything, or at least call the cdj3000 a cdj1800 to make it obvious thatā€™s itā€™s not supposed to be better than their 2000. By calling it 3000 theyā€™re saying ā€œitā€™s year 2020 , hereā€™s the best we can doā€ and their 2020 best isnā€™t as good as primes - theyā€™ve lost

But pioneer were famous for bringing a model out, then launching a nexus version or a mark 2 version with tiny improvements a year after the first version, so maybe thatā€™s their plan - launch a dreadful deck in 2020, then launch an improved deck in 2021 - still not up to prime levels though

2 Likes

Well I definitely made the right choice moving to Denon DJ.

This Hot Rodded CDJ 2000 NX2 is not for me.

1 Like

I have DJs on my FB now absolutely desperate for a pair of these. Pioneer will always be their preference, no matter what - fair enough. But itā€™s these idiots (and there are loads, I imagine) who will continue to allow Pioneer to abuse the position theyā€™re in and charge shocking prices for as long as they like.

These new players couldā€™ve been launched at the same price as Denons 6000ā€™s, but that would knock a huge amount of money off their old gear and have an effect on resale value on older gear also. Canā€™t have that now, can weā€¦

But people hopefully will ask ā€œIā€™ve got 2000 nexus now, what will 3000 do more?ā€

If thereā€™s only a small difference then many wonā€™t upgrade just for the sake of upgrading a model number.

Ah but the existing units donā€™t unlock Rekordbox.

Now itā€™s become clear why Pioneer chose to do that, because these units do unlock Rekordbox - so it will (they hope) entice people to ā€œupgradeā€ so they donā€™t have to pay a subscription fee.

1 Like

Iā€™m still baffled why this is called a CDJ-3000 as it holds no CD-drive anymore. It should be XDJ-2000 or XDJ-1000MK3.

However, indeed it will sell more.

3 Likes

9 Likes

I like that! :rofl: :+1:

Canā€™t have CDJ prices without the CDJ tag, my friendā€¦

1 Like

In fact some things have been copied: see for example the pre-listening of the track without loading it in the deck, the position of the Hot cue buttons horizontally as on the SC 5000/6000, now also Piooner uses multicore CPU.

However, I think Denon DJ should take a cue from some interesting solutions such as viewing the master track above the slave track in the same display, good customization of the controls, displaying a lot of information in the track list, etc.

I am pleased to see that Pioneer has integrated some functions that have been requested by some of us in the appropriate area of the forum, but which currently have not yet been included by Denon Dj in the new firmware. We hope that now this new product can push for a further positive evolution of our Engine (Prime and OS). :pray: :+1: :muscle:

I found this very interesting: CDJ-3000 Review

1 Like

Apparently they never added dual layers as this would effect the sound quality. @Reticuli would you be able to explain this, as I have no understanding of how that would work.

He was being rather kind and measured. In fact your comment sounds either out of touch with reality or like a provocateur comment intended to elicit a litany of complaints against Prime.

Not spoken like you have a good grasp of the rough release history of Prime.