Pioneer CDJ Nexus 3/XDJ 2000

My Axis 8s, which were the table top versions, never had reliable CD mechanisms. My tech and I narrowed it down to poor quality power supply capacitors causing stuff in the CD mechanisms to short out and malfunction.

Actually this reminded me something… They coppied the pad layout from buttons on the Reloop RMP3 player :smiley:

2 Likes

The new pioneer might not surprise many people if it turns out to be made by Reloop. Hahahahaha

Pioneer DJ are a lot smaller than they used to be.

Oh yeah… Hanpin Electron linkable DJ media player!

Also different cosmetics and brandings by American Audio, Stanton DJ, DJ Tech, Omnitronic, Akiyama, Citronic, and many others. I have owned over a dozen of these total spread out amongst a few of the brands: ADJ, Stanton, and DJ Tech. LOVE THEM. Short of vinyl, probably the best way to really lose yourself in the mixing and not having to think about what you’re doing. Sound quality isn’t quite as good as Pioneer, old Denon DJ, or Gemini, but with keylock off is better sound than current Prime firmware, and the reliability is amazing other than the tact switches only being about as durable as the ones used under old Denon DJ soft buttons like on the 5500. Particularly great jog and pitch fader hardware. Reloop screwed it all up with the RMP-4, though, other than them finally implementing my recommendations for the jog bend firmware changes. They finally got the jog bend right and fouled up a bunch of other stuff. Very sad; i’m a little verklempt.

Yeah, I still have 3 American Audio Radius decks at my attic (2x 2000 and 1x 3000). I had also longer time ago 2x Radius 3000 and couple of mixers (DV2 usb, 1400 dsp and 14MXR - still got 2 pcs) as part of my showcase for AA in 2011/2012. I like the reliability of touch Jog wheel in radius series. Never Had issues with scratching and touch sensing on them.

1 Like

My first rackmount twin CD player was a KAM. At the time I was reluctant to pay more for Denon.

It was dreadful. It used to just go crazy sometimes, spinning CDs at thousands of RPM :flushed:

Promptly sold it and bought a DN-2500F (which I still have in storage). :sunglasses:

WHoow KAM. that was mid 90’s I believe. My first double player was a gemini… after a week I brought it back. My 2 technics home players were much better.

I never experienced that. I bunerned them all between 4 and 8x. maybe I was lucky At that time someone told me is was better to burn slow. less dropouts etc

New picture

2 Likes

They probably want £3000 for it.

I still prefer the Prime series… Cant wait to get my 6K’s :muscle:

1 Like

It doesn’t improve, the more you look at it, does it.

It feels like they had a few spare parts, some crazyglue, some cable ties, and that’s all they could come up with.

4 Likes

This is probably the last squeeze of the current technology of the current generation. Hence they sticking to the CDJ naming.

I reckon there is a parallel development ongoing for the next generation.

It’s probably been in development for a hot minute.

PS

They should have switched up when they went from 5 to 6 to get all the complaints in one swoop.

1 Like

Yes, exactly how I feel about the V10. Like an MS Paint copy-paste thing. I would expect one or more counterintuitive implementations of something on the CDJ-3000 like the V10’s goofy filters. I suspect they’ve had a turnover in their design department after being sold. Seems like another group of people than before, or an increase in the power of the market research department wanting them to mimic PlayDifferently and Denon DJ Prime gear.

You have now 8 pads … that’s the „big new“ thing I guess.

2 Likes

By looking at the screen on the leaked pic you can see that unit is designated Deck 6.

Maybe you can now link up to 6 decks. I guess we’ll have to wait for the official release regarding as to what’s under the hood.

V10 is a 6 channel mixer, so this makes sense.

That’s still 2 decks short of what 4 primes SCs give you :slight_smile:

And think about it, only lottery winners will be able to buy even one deck anyway, at pioneers pied piper prices

1 Like

It’s a fact

Well until its on Pioneers page, nothing is a fact :slightly_smiling_face: But I’m glad that I use Denon :muscle:

2 Likes