Pioneer CDJ Nexus 3/XDJ 2000

Does that middle key adjust section say “remix” on it?

My guess is “reset”

1 Like

That is more logical. My eyes aren’t the best nowadays!

1 Like

The pic is just blurry enough to drive ya mad haha.

1 Like

"And I don’t believe that things will be any different after this launch either. They might not sell as many day one units as they’d like, but once venues and rental companies pick up the pace again, I guarantee that they won’t be able to make these fast enough "

1 Like

I don’t understand why DJ Worx are so salty with Denon DJ!

I just thought of something: There are a lot of venues that shut down over COVID-19 and unloaded their gear. Putting out a new model might reduce the number of people buying used who instead want the latest model.

1 Like

… if they have the money for that, aye. Yet, mid- and smaller-sized locations might grab the chance to just grab these second-hand NXS2 units (if in good condition or fully reconditioned) for reasonable prices, or a XDJ-XZ all in one, or even Denon units, if said new CDJ-3000 doesn’t offer the wow factor, just the usual wow price tag. According to the leaks so far, it looks really underwhelming, downright ugly. The loop and cue/memory section is so dated and cluttered, the hot cues already had been mentioned (no match against the Prime performance pads), we still have the same old tempo ranges you have to cycle through and probably even the CD/DVD-drive. Rekordbox remains their stronghold, but since version 6 subscription and encryption shenanigans and termination of RB5 support/updates, not to mention their notoriously unsopportive forum staff, I can understand very well if even loyal customers (like I had been several years ago) are slowly becoming disgruntled.

I mean the individual DJs as the customers, not the venues.

I guess most individual DJs, being affected by the crisis just as hard, won’t blindly run for the new unit either, considering RB is working cross-plattform and they can basically grab a whole 2000/900NXS setup in form of a XDJ-XZ (or maybe XR2) for a fraction of the price and similar functionality (minus CD-drives and a display ofc), able to use their USB-collection anywhere. Top acts might be a different story, but they expect getting their desired rider anyway.

Again - assuming these new units lack an absolute killer-feature. We don’t know yet.

I agree many individual DJs don’t require or want the latest hardware, but some of them do. My roommate who’s been DJing even longer than I have and has toured the country was about to do a layaway thing for the CDJ-2000NXS2’s and I’m sure she will be thankful that it fell through now that there’s something else on the horizon. I’ve heard from a lot of people who want CDJs that they are worried about a new model. An up and coming female DJ acquaintance of mine I mentored and who used to come to open decks just bought the entire NXS2 system this past year and will probably not be happy since I believe she was worried about something like this coming up.

I certainly think this CDJ-3000 looks unavoidably like a follower to the point that it will hurt Pioneer DJ’s image as the industry standard. There was something to be said for them holding their ground with what they had. It’s a copycat thing that people are going to pick up on, and, assuming Prime ups its audio processing and QA (cough, hire some 6 sigma black belts or something) games soon, I think many people are going to look at the CDJ-3000 and be reminded of Prime and then look at their checking account during COVID-19 and be a little more likely to go for Prime. If Pioneer had simply updated their firmwares slightly for their entire legacy line, their status would probably hold up better.

1 Like

Summed up nicely, I agree with you. The lack (or lazyness) of proper Firmware updates is one of the main reasons, why I turned my back on them. Expensive units just recieve a few basic, essential updates (some issues like Master Tempo never had been fixed on the CDJ-350/850), just to get entirely abandoned after 1-2 years and simply replaced by an even more expensive Mk2 version. Look, one of many sad examples. Denon Engineers wouldn’t even blink their eyes and implement it right away, the Prime Go is a great example for that (Headphone and Crossfader functions via Drop-Down menu, same planned for Mic EQ), and unlocking Wifi out of the nothing was for sure the biggest positive surprise. One of the reasons I had been so thrilled about the Prime setup since the SC5000, the combination of a very powerful SOC, modern display and adaptable software is just awesome.

1 Like

well if that’s all there is to the new cdj … good for denon :grinning:

1 Like

This 3000 thing looks like some kind of study or test model. Leaked on purpose maybe?

If this 3000 is the real new pioneer player… Then i prefer the prime series.

1 Like

If Prime series were not there, I would prefer a good old DN-F2000

2 Likes

I prefer the old numark cdn88. They play every disc. Had a lot of fun with Them.

1 Like

I had the DN-2500F. Amazing piece.

2 Likes

I still have 2 working DN2000F units in the warehouse :exploding_head::sweat_smile: indestructible

3 Likes

Looks like, this is it

How/why? Just curious, at it looks pretty much like the January mockup. Unsure about how much they could have tweaked since then, except the software and GUI.