Only problems with engine 2.0 in sc6000, DENON can test things before launching the version?

Mufasa, it is clear that the 2.0 can be used without problems, but the performance it has is very poor. in my live yesterday 5h I used 2.0 and I did it without problems, because we are all experts, but all the problems described are visible.

I have also not talked about pc software, but to say that it is a shame that you add a folder from the desktop and the program closes very often and you have to add the tracks individually.

My complaint comes from the fact that they have rushed to release this version without testing it and making a public beta.

I’m honestly afraid of future releases, as they keep adding features that overload the system and make what really has to work well not.

1 Like

I see this comment a lot and I definitely understand the feeling. However, it’s also not nice to the, might I add, large betatest team. You’re welcome to enlist and help to see the efforts put into this.

Public beta isn’t the solution either. Things need to be solved either way. What would happen is an endless beta.

2 Likes

I have asked several times how to join that list for beta but never got an answer.

1 Like

CEO of Native Instruments: Hey customers, Hey Boys, try our software Traktor, if It crashes, go go the forum and tell us the issues, we Will try to resolve It. Now, you could change your job, maybe with turntables, dont you think? Cheers :slight_smile:

DENON : Just embarassing amateur staff.

Where Is the Song ? Hahahaha

Where Is the WAVEFORM? Hahahahahaha

Dude, only laughing thing is pointing Traktor as a software with less bugs than Engine.

Sincerely, Traktor user of 10 yr

1 Like

Indeed. It’s now clear to me that everyone who buys into Denon Prime gear is considered BETA testers by Denon and this has now been proven time and time again.

I can echo this…

I used 2.0 in my usual Friday night club residency. 5 hour gig, no issues, no problems, and no bugs I ran into.

I’m not saying other people are not having issues, however, I’ve had a positive experience.

Searching my external SSD is not the fastest, but it’s better than it was on 1.6.2, so thats a win for me.

Agreed. I know through the testing I found a fair amount of bugs as did a lot of other users in the SS beta related to both SS and Engine. They where fixed and resolved. It was a big and good effort from the team.

2 Likes

I think Engine OS / Prime / DJ has evolved quite well since its beginning in 2017. Rekordbox was awful during its early stages as well (remember the hideous “powered by MixVibes” icon?) and Engine 1.6.x was already pretty matured. Now, I do never update to new x.0.0 software in general, but wait until x.0.1 at least, where the rough bugs are mostly ironed out. We just need some patience.

I hope Denon devs keep pushing. Stabilize all the mentioned issues of post #1 and then focus on smaller updates for the rest of this year. I think the new database architecture makes a very promising foundation for future improvements. And Engine Light + Ableton Link are huge bonuses. I would rather pick this more adventurous path over boring stagnation (Pioneer cough) any time.

5 Likes

As someone who builds digital products for a living, I agree Denon should stop releasing major features for a while and focus on stabilising and optimising the platform.

There’s a lot of ‘quick wins’ to be had that would make people very happy. I think they have neglected the core functionality somewhat to deliver streaming and Hue features. Maybe that was the right business decision overall, but you can’t stay on the ‘big shinny new features’ path forever without it negatively impacting the core product.

Personally, I find the waveform display overly complicated for my needs, so would love to have the option of a cleaner display, among many other small things. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have had to start duplicating my library in both Engine and Rekordbox now due to no longer being able to take my SC6000Ms to my Saturday residency (we are now running 4 CDJ 2000NXS2 and no space for me :frowning: ) I can honestly say I prefer Engine every day. I have so many issues with the way Rekordbox works and deals with things.

3 Likes

Tested the public release for last couple of days now with not a issue yes maybe couple of wee glitches like waveform drifting but if you can beat mix by ear and not looking at screen this not a big issue also I’m sure Denon will have this fixed soon.Also there is so much in this new update its amazing what they are giving there consumers compared to other brands and that option is always there to switch so no need come on here complaining when you can go to another forum and give off always gonna be issues with all DJ software/ hardware to seriously look what your getting here for your money

1 Like

Some seem so quick to dismiss many really important changes and/or additions, instead just focusing on “my request hasn’t been done yet”

3 Likes

If you filter those “my feature” comments out, there are critical ones (may be user specific) regarding failed migration. That’s not to be dismissed and should be investigated.

Whilst many migrated without issues, another many were unable.

Hopefully it’s that last time in a long time for a dB migration job.

My thoughts are with folks who had migration issues.

2 Likes

While it ain’t a funeral (re:my thoughts are with… ) I agree that the migration should have captured a wider range of user library hierarchy, or whatever else separated those who’s migrations went perfectly and those relative handful who’s migrations didn’t. Although the database1 folder, created by the migration process should have been there to save the day also.

As you say, hopefully it’ll be the last time, in a long time, that a database migration is required.

I’m not a professor of English…always learning.

This is what I pulled from the Internet.

Losing ones library is a huge loss

1 Like

Hi guys,

Denon’s data database in 1.6.2 is 8 files, the music files are not modified at any time, I think that for future updates with changes in the database, the denon software would have to force the user to do a backup elsewhere before upgrade. Behind a music db there are countless hours of work to take this unnecessary risk.

@mufasa you are everywhere! friend :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hence the backup

Everyone’s got a backup

1 Like

Engine 2.0 was supposed to be a surprise so why expect a public beta? We can have them now since the cat’s out of the bag.

My EP collection transfer so far went smooth and so far it looks good. Now I wanna fully commit my master collection from Traktor but will take the wait and see approach now based on what I’ve been reading so far.

Since the update I been totally focused on the hardware only. It’s gotta work without glitches for at least 4hrs straight before it gets a pass. In this update I see I can sometimes start both layers on my deck at the same time. Feature? :joy:

1 Like

I foolishly upgraded my sc6000m’s and go, had a gig on sat nite, loads of isssues, near lost the plot. Then 2nite, recording a mix, on the very last song, did a roll on the sc6000m, it ■■■■■■■ stuck, played the roll for about 2-3 seconds longer than it should have, ■■■■■■■ ruined what would have been a solid 90min mix! Had problems with playlists either not loading properly or duplicating/repeating tracks in said playlist. This has been the WORST UPDATE EVER!!

2 Likes

I updated mine as well, haven’t don’t a lot, but so far I haven’t run into any (new) problems… on the contrary im impressed that MANY things have improved, resolved or added. Still I think Denon should concentrate to deliver on some of the core functionalities that have been asked for time and time again…

5 Likes