Next Engine OS catch up

(Don’t misunderstand my comment below for me being against you)

What would you want them to say? Essentially you want insight as to what is coming or being worked on and they will not tell you that. If you are a beta tester, you would have some visibility as you would be testing what they put out for testing but that would be it.

Telling you, or me, or us, what is coming is only going to satisfy one group and leave another unsatisfied. For this reason, you will not see a response to your desires/opinion on what you deem essential. This doesn’t mean they aren’t reading your concerns so no worries there and you have the right to express your point of view.

Cheers

Cant believe you’re still in here arguing same things when nothing has improved but the steady stream of new users with the same complaints keeps happening. When are you gonna give up? Or won’t you be happy till the place is totally dead and your word is finally Gospel?

1 Like

You’ve got the wrong end of the stick. I’m not looking for “my word to be gospel”.

I’m not “arguing” either. Just trying to get some clarification on his use of the word “essential” and all that stuff about “convention” - but as should be plain to see by anyone reading this thread - joxani is doing his utmost to be either very vague or just plain not responding.

1 Like

Amen to that

1 Like

Hallelujah

. .

One decimal is better, it’s faster to sync

you think you want 2 decimal places until yoou have it, its harder to move the pitch fader to exactly the point it needs to be.

if both decks are playing at the same speed when show a bpm of 128.1 then adding a second decimal just makes it a ball akes trying to sync the values.

unless your sticking masking tape over the values and mixing by ear you dont need the extra value, and i would say in this day and age 99.9% of folks are not mixing by ear on digital devices despite them claimng too.

I believe they removed 2 decimal places due to ‘floating’ in values - due to pitch slider precision and resolution, I believe in most cases bpm would ‘float’ a bit and people would believe the players are defective. I personally don’t use sync (my players are not even linked) and to my personal needs the pitch range, percentage, and bpm precision is good enough (very good or great to be honest).

1 Like

I can agree on this as well. I don’t use sync and never had issues with beat matching. Does not matter really how many digits I see, as long as it sounds good - it is good.

I think it matters a small bit if the software is rounding or not. If it is not, having 2 decimal places and ignoring the second place is the same as what we all have now. this only matters for those who are obviously not using sync and more importantly for those who are dealing with longer transitions. 120.1 bpm and 120.19 are still going to beat match fine but not for long. I know almost everyone here knows this but my point is that what is important is what the software is doing that we don’t see.

I guess one way to test is with two tracks and two loops beat matched together repeatedly (to rule out lucky matched bpms). I would guess if they drift the majority of the time, then the 120.1 you see on your deck screen could actually be 120.1x causing the variance in bpms and therefore the audible drift.

You can even do a workaround if you don’t need the accuracy in the display, but like to be on the point for the BPM.

Just slowly increase/decrease pitch fader from either higher or lower bpm (you can chose, but you have to do it the same on all decks you want to sync) until it is showing the desired BPM. Stop moving pitch fader immediately when BPM is reached. This way - even if it is not shown on the display - you will approximate to the exactly same BPM as on your other deck.

This would even work if your player would only display full BPMs without any decimal places - assuming that the internal accuracy is given and is rounded only for display.

1 Like

@adrock: How you describe its the same way how i do beatmatch it since the sc3700 Players - works since today without any problems ! :metal:

1 Like

Having the option is the way to go. No one who has ever hired me cared if I beat matched by ear. If you do great, if you don’t great. Blame the manufacturers then. I don’t use sync but I do look at the tempos of both decks and adjust visually and by ear.

The gatekeeping is silly. Plenty folks that use sync are doing very well for themselves. We are being paid to play music, not build the next best rocket without cutting corners.

1 Like

I still believe that your “convention” is simply…It has be on the Denon equipment because Pioneer have it.

and however you do beatmatch: by ear, by sync button, by visuals on the channel faders (oh yes these peoples exist really) or by BPM on the Dispöay Decks - Its always the same way to bring tracks together - at last -> If your Mixing Skills come from your Soul, Hearth - cant define it else - The Sound will always be nice !

I think that people who wants to be a DJ forget a bit to be human at this … :wink:

I am DJ since over 20 Years, i was always a Vinyl Junkie - Only Vinyl and NEVER Sync Button !

For 8 or 9 Years ago i bought the DNS 3700 and was absolutley impressed about to rock with mp3s, and now with the SC5000s yes: I use since 1 Year the Sync button for Mixing! The thing is you have Time for other things like effects, 3rd or 4th source mixing (So like the B Layer on SC5ks), or just Listen to the Music or Dance to this and make a Connection to the Publics :slight_smile:

I think i dont need to show anyone if i would be asked for why i use this Button that i can Beatmatch with Ears - I think more i will to tell him how it works or like this xD

The Problem in the Future will be are that younger beginners will more do beatmatchin with sync as by Ear ,… yes ,… but why not?

Sorry i think its enough to write, its not the Topic here and i have a faggin bad english :smiley:

was just my 2 cents to the BPM digits :wink:

best regards @ all :heart:

Roland

1 Like

beat matching by ear is dead, if you have’nt put masking tape over the bpm read out ive got news for you, you aint mixing by ear.

none of you are putting tape over the bpm read out.

mixing by ear is for technics 1210’s and thats where it will stay. quantize anyone?

3 Likes

What if I tell You that setting a pitch fader on the same bpm on both decks will not beatmatch, you still need to move the jog wheel in order to match the tracks. And wow - use the ears to do that! So beatmatch is done by ear, not by an elbow or your belly…

3 Likes

your making the slightest adjustment to an already matched track dont kid yourself.

Half the battle in beat matching is phase sync’n isn’t it? (Need ears for that too no?). Beatgridding is not that perfect also so you do have to use your ears still to set it in phase.

Anyways dj’n has evolved from playing one track to another to the full spectrum of what we see today. I embrace and use it all to my advantage. :crazy_face:

1 Like

How can it be matched when it is not matched yet?