New Prime Hardware on the Horizon?

I am think it may be one or two things and it or they both will be cheap cheap cheap devices to use Engine.

I am think that there must be those people who want prime but can’t spend that price, see those DJs who do cheap or free discos only.

Denon would be good yes to get the starting DJs to get on the prime engine ladder rung 1 instead of rejordbox rung 1

A 2 channel cut down of a prime 4 with only just 4 hot start each deck side,? non-touch screen ? , only filter fx ? Just any things to make it cheap to entry to prime and engine

That would be the good move

You are someones spam puppet ?

Have more pride in you.

What a childish comment largo. I think Mix Master is right and give good arguments about the situation last year and Prime 4 delay

5 Likes

I think part of the prime 4 delay was fillings with the fcc. March 25 I think

1 Like

It is too early, and with too few of product and firmware releases out to say yet of any kind of “Theme”

There are also so many ways to use for marketing and although every body can have an opinion on what they feel to a certain marketing method, no one can really say what is right or is wrong.

The marketing prose of hyping or to advertise something a long time before it can be receive is used a lot now and has been used many many of times before by thousand of company.

If it did not work very well for sales those the companies wouldn’t keep using it. A impatient customer waiting for their new parcel will spread the words about what they are wait for. More than someone who just get it day after ordering. Then people who might not have heard before of the new thing, are find out of it.

It is just marketing like the click bait of social media or other far worse hype and adverts

I must agree.

We have seen it during the last 4 years or so… starting with the MCX8000. So I cant say its too early.

At each NAMM there has been something new, that has taken focus away from where it should be put:

Creating a fully functional platform, with no hick-ups or what so ever!

Launching new stuff, only creates new issues and a longer wait for fixes.

We are still fighting with the BPM issues after all these years, which affects many other things. Yes the units can play, change speed, loop (only working the right way if the BPM is perfect) and we can mix. But yet, there is some basics (“need to have”) that are missing.

Thankfully we have seen some improvements on the EP management that are great (awesome work from the NZ team) - but some of the implemented stuff on the players are nice to have…not need to have.

I truly understand that Denon wants to position themselves as a marketleader again, but without fixing the overall important things, they will end up like the boy in school that was best at everything in his imagination, but when he got put to the task - couldnt do half of the stuff, and then bullied the others in different manners, for not agreeing that he was the best. (kinda like some ´foot-soldiers´ act in here)

There is nothing wrong believing that you are the best…but you also have to walk the talk if you want to compete with the best.

No doubt - the Prime 4 and the Prime series are lightyears in front of their competitors in many ways, but some of the basics are pulling them way back again.

So I cross my fingers that they will get these things sorted once and for all very soon!

2 Likes

Instead of relying on rummors, one should educate itself more and do his homeworks better to find out what is new in technology.

To achieve the market leader goal, Denon DJ must achieve the quality, reliability, compatibility, long term support and serviceability first. They have this potential and all that is needed is the will to do it. Dare to be different, dare to be your own master and be consistent!

2 Likes

…and fixing the basics… (imo)

2 Likes

This should have been done already. I think of engine on the decks to be like an app on the iPhone. On iOS apps you can do all the things the denon can plus edit bpm/beatgrids. Even the entry level apps can do it.

Does denon want people to change their software rider also?

1 Like

Its kinda like buying a new car - a Rolls Royce, Lambo, whatever with all the best and newest features… But one of the wheels are one of these emergency tire, so you cant drive full speed. You are being held back by this one tire.

And when the next “supreme edition” car is being presented from same manufacturer, you still havent recieved your tire. :smiley:

If it was a car, I could buy a extra tire elsewhere… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Don’t know is it a confirmation, or not, but Skylark just took off the SC6000 and X1850 parts of their web site.

2G = DJ2GO2 ?

Is that the 2G bit of the code?

Nope, the 2G refers to a Denon DJ product or products… :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

At ease lads.

Eyes peeled for the announcement

1 Like

SC6000 (the screen he bigger and have internal hard drive bay) SC6000M (with motor) X1850 (he has midi start and matrix inputs)

1 Like

I do not know what to say…It is 5 in the morning and I’m ■■■■■■ already. We tried to cooperate give feature request, beta testing, feedback, being patient and Denon does not give a ■■■■. 5000 not fixed ,1800 not fixed and such a BIG problems with engine prime and what they do they make a new player, new mixer and new engine os ■■■??? This is why we do not get the updates for our gear and especially software last couple months. Great move Pionner ups… Denon you already become industry standard. At least in this area.

3 Likes

I always though that engine prime was software for the laptop and engine OS is what the hardware version was called.

This is not something new.

3 Likes

Even on players it is written engine prime not engine os

Why would Prime 4 (6 months old) and 5Ks have one operating system, whilst the 6Ks have something completely different? Wouldn’t make commercial sense, it’ll be just like an iPhone were newer iterations can do more than older hardware, but they run the same OS.