New Prime Hardware on the Horizon?

Maybe because they cannot fix it for two years and decide to scrap it? The bpm detection on players is on the same crappy level as engine on pc. But we will see in a week now it is only speculation. Cheers

1 Like

Well, if Denon DJ can’t fix the software ment to assist their hardware, then the hardware should be returned as unfit for use as advertised and compensations put into effect. That will be the correct and honourable way to settle problems for a respectable company.

5 Likes

The new decks are basically a prime4. They have the same computer built in just a different shell and purpose. Can’t you guys tell?

So I’m guessing whatever these new decks get will be done to the p4 also.

1 Like

There’s another announcement set for Monday the 13th - hopefully some more kit to be released.

1 Like

I’m sure Engine OS will replace Engine Prime on the 5000s.

The new name might even be a hint to a wider Engine universe. It think we might see the integration of smartphones / tablets as a music source rather sooner than later.

With apologies to Denon, I don’t see the 6000, the 6000m or the x1850 as anything particularly interesting. I don’t see it as anything for me as a long term SC5000 and x1800 user to get worked up about or worried about.

The Engine OS thing? I think that maybe denon is simply using the OS mention as a way of really pushing home the massive standalone usage potential of the Prime range. After all, people are used to hearing about Apple Mac OS, or Windows OS even Apple iOS and all that. Telling them that the prime range has Engine OS inside, I think, is just pushing the fact that it’s laptop-less, has its own brain inside and is the way forward. It’s a huge way forward in pushing the standalone, in a way that just saying “it’s got firmware” just doesn’t do. So, I think “Engine OS” is just a new name for something that all us Prime users has already got. I think it’s also a way of showing the prime “family” ecosystem is a common thing between all Primes - so whether you’ve got a Prime 4, a 5000, a 5000m, an x1800, a 6000, 6000m or an x1850 … they all share Engine OS. An addition to Engine OS is then something that now 7 models get benefit from.

There’s not a lot of difference with the new 6000 and the current 5000. Slightly different hot cue buttons, and about 4cms of bigger screen. I think there’s a good chance that these new models , the 6000 and 6000m might have the prime 4 entry level processor and insides in it, rather than the super fast processor and ram and things inside, so, if that’s the case, I’m happier with my 5000s

The x1850 is a similar thing, I can’t tell any differences between that and the x1800 - maybe it’s just a prime 4 mixer module, slipped into its own external casing - just cheaper. There seems to be a couple of firmware differences, like midi start, but that’s probably something that they can add to the x1800 on new firmware. If there were any huge changes then they’d be calling it a model number a whole hundred points up, like an x1900 rather than just 50 points up to an x1850.

Why bother cutting a prime 4 into 3 pieces and selling prime 4 entry level insides in separate players and mixers? Cost is my guess. Getting people who want separate players and mixers but can’t afford 5000 and x1800 prices. At the same time, having three more models waving the Prime torch is pushing the Prime ecosystem to people too. It’s all good.

If there’s supposed to be another announcement on Monday, it’s probably just new firmware for the current units so the current units and the new units are level with each other.

Monday’s announcement might also have firmware (or should we call that Engine OS now?) for current Primes and a new Engine Prime for Mac/pc, both featuring some of those 500 long awaited, much asked for new or improved features.

1 Like

How did you come by this information about an entry-level processor vs a super-fast processor or ram being different, and in that particular hierarchy?

1 Like

I agree this is absolute cr@p they will be the same processors/ram if not better than the current SC5000

Maybe the same well informed source that leaked the video of the “new” equipment will be kind to leak a picture of the inside layout and components, accompanied by technical specifications also.

Unlike you I don’t feel I have to delete/edit my post. Think that says a lot…

As was on the previous denon forum, nobody here gets “attacked” because of their ideas but we do call out bullpooop that has no stand on facts, I do believe others have reflected that to you in more PC language in this thread.

Relax, learn to accept a critique and lets see what denon has for us in the future.

And this SC6000/X1850 stuff was a curveball for me also, I’m still ■■■-ing and trying to make sense of it.

1 Like

Whatever, dude - I have no interest in arguing, so have at it, if you feel you must. You have your opinion - I have mine.

I dont believe this SC6000 / SC6000M / X1850 stuff at all - its a hoax, as far as I can see.

Just seen the video clip - looks pretty legit to me.

No 2 channel mixer in sight either. No sampler. Bit of a shame, really

Those things can stille come :slight_smile:

Agreed, but is it likely?

Still some letters missing.

1 Like

Finally, someone from Denon DJ decide to act on this rummor. The topic about new Denon DJ SC6000 equipment alert has been removed!:grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

The Iranians must of hacked gearslutz website lol :laughing:

No matter who has done it, it was right to do so! Misinformation is bad for business.

Depends on if its really just is a rumour, or if they decided to close the thread because of the different posts in there :slightly_smiling_face:

But we will find out at some time :slightly_smiling_face:

Damage control after the leak in my opinion. But milk was already spilled…

1 Like