New Prime Hardware on the Horizon?

Totally RElated I’d say. Whether we call it The Prime Eco-system or The Prime Family or simply and clinically, The Prime Group of products, there’s no denying that any time or effort put into a feature to be improved or added to Prime, usually benefits the 5000, the 5000m, Prime 4 and usually Engine and to a certain degree, the x1800 too. So research and development on Prime benefits 4 or 5 devices (so far) rather than just 1 device.

Gotta love that prime family eco-system. Work applied in one area benefits other areas - well except VL12 but vinyls come back up more times than that fish curry from the buffet that I had at Putanji & Biddus wedding the other week :-)) and isn’t worth pursuing.

I spotted a 2ch battle mixer along the lines of the reloop elite. Doesn’t match any known mixer I’ve seen and it doesn’t have a screen. It could be an updated reloop or numark brand.

I’m gonna let my imagination run wild on this one😜

It’s a Serato badged mixer but will be certified by traktor and it will have dual sound cards.

If this is a denon mixer then it looks to be laid out in a way to control other layers or to have full deck controls when using tts. And if it is a denon mixer then It will have the ethernet hub and you be able to work the mixer functions from the sc5000/m decks screens when connected. Lol

At lest we know that there’ll be at least one mixer popping up at namm

Hmm, my thoughts about and guess/hope/wish list for the new gear:

• The inMusic Group has several different brands with its own character and singularity, so for me it would make sense to keep Denon DJ as the premium brand with the pricey high end stuff (for the turntablists there’s Rane). -> so no low level gear below the Prime 4, maybe at most a super compact but high quality Prime 2, but not at NAMM 2020.
  • the Prime gear is actually in the technical specs and price-performance ratio light-years ahead of the Pioneer stuff, but without any doubt Pioneer will react this year - unfortunately in the usual expensive way. So Denon has to make the next significant step forward to keep the lead. Otherwise the “change your rider”-dream will not happen.
  • I think in the new Denon gear they will make use of some already developed (and paid) technologies of the other brands like Akai, but without blurring the individual brand’s characters.

That was my personal dream I’m saving my money for since months:

• A new mixer, X2000 or X2020, with 6+2 channels similar to the Xone 96, a bigger display, tidy structure, by firmware changeable AAA effects and identical dimension like the players,
  • an Akai-inspired sampler (but what means G6?) with all the bells and whistles Akai has to offer and the new, bigger and higher resoluted screen of…
  • … the updated SC5000MX, that otherwise just has been a little revised with up to date hardware (after 3 years you get much more processing power and better screens for the same money) - actually I didn’t see the necessity of bringing a whole new player because I don’t know what to do that much better/different.

On top of that of course the re-written Engine Prime, that has got better over time but is still missing some features and still a bit reliability.

Yep, maybe just a techie’s dream - but I definitely don’t want to spend my money on Pioneer - the XDJ-XZ is an impertinence beyond compare of outdated stoneage tech that had been found moulding around in the dark corners of any factory… Denon with its Prime Series has brought the fresh breeze in that static and uninnovative market that was THAT necessary! So please keep on inventing, I’m counting on you!

A pic has been leaked on djworx. It doesn’t fit the denon profile. Most seem to think it’s a cut down rane 72 but the more I look at it, it kinda resembles an upgraded s9. Dj Craze has it in his setup and is using what I think for sure is Traktor dvs with it.

You’re seeing causality when in fact it was coincidence. Features get developed for the whole line with a common code base and sometimes they come out with new products in that line. The only causality in this was the delay in updating the other gear because most of the focus of the coding staff was on the new stuff to try and make the new gear release as rock solid as possible.

You can’t really know what I’m seeing or what denon are doing . So I don’t think I’m the one seeing things. I’m not saying you are, but I’m just saying I don’t think I am.

Says the guy who’s been on here, what, less than two months?

I don’t believe in mind reading, especially from a few thousand miles away - haven’t believed in it from two months ago, or two years ago.

I won’t claim to be able to read your mind, as I don’t enjoy comics. :rofl: :laughing:

What would you guys think if Denon released a djm2000nxs type mixer?

2 Likes

62g6mx

I can only guess like everyone else can.

It doesn’t look like a model number of a denon model but let’s go that way for a while-

In other denon units an M in the model number has meant motorised

In other denon units an x has meant mixer

So - a motorised mixer ? With the 6 being the number of channels? But then why have two 6s in the code? Some studio mixers have more than one number in their model number to show how many audio routing buses the number of inputs can be mixed down to, so like a mixer with 18 inputs and 4 output buses might be called a StudioMix 18:4 as example but that’s way above what any DJ mixer gets to so far and is too confused for many DJs to benefit from.

Also what would the g relate to ? I don’t think denon ever had a g in a model number before. Graphics?

A motorised mixer with graphics onboard ? So something creating visuals or video patterns and text to play alongside music files? Not displaying Music pop videos just graphics?

As it doesn’t look like a denon model number, I’m thinking it’s a new partnership then like the partnering with tidal, sound switch, that stagelinq company with three monthly fees etc

You’re presuming that 62G6mx refers to one product - it could be 2, or maybe even 3.

Cant wait to find out though.

I believe that the prime series only needs 1 major product to add and the rest would be for lower range gap filling and add ons not to mention a new Engine Prime.

We know there is a new deck for sure but I don’t think it’s the major one.

Where are the leakers?

I agree - I cannot see an SC6000 on the horizon. The hardware lifecycle of the SC5000 has still got years to run, I think - this by design from Denon. I read somewhere that they built it to last quite a few years - its only been out 3 years now - superseding it at this stage doesn’t make sense to me. They are also unveiling new features, such as streaming, which I don’t think would have been released on the SC5000 if they were planning on releasing an SC6000 - if it were me, I would have kept that feature as a big selling point of the new hardware.

I hope I don’t look at this post next week and wonder how I got it so wrong.

I’ll be upset if a new generation of products appear without a 2 ch mixer.

1 Like

Why have a premium 2 channel mixer? I don’t get the point of it. It’s like a stripped down SC5000 - for a premium brand, that achieves nothing at all for the product range, apart from making things cheaper, which reduces the premium value of the range.

2nd gen without having a 1st gen? Seems unlikely. You say “hardware wise it makes sense” - can you please explain that, as this does not make any sense to me, for either hardware or marketing. If anything, it has a negative effect, like saying the 1st gen product wasnt quite up to scratch - the SC5000’s have only been out around 3 years now. The exception would be advancements in hardware technology, which I dont think is the case here either.

As you say - we only have a week to go til we find out - maybe sooner, if Denon release details a week before NAMM, like they did with the Prim 4 last year.

1 Like

Brilliant. Now go to Pioneer and tell them what fools they are because they released DJM-450, 350, 400 etc :joy:

The Pioneer products that you mentioned are not premium products though, are they?

SC = single player/controller (SC2900, 3900, 2000, 5000)

MC = midi controller (MC6000, 2000, 4000, 7000)

MCX = midi controller standalone (8000)

MX = midi mixer (mixer designed to primarily be used with DJ software, with midi buttons, secondary standalone use)

Are you saying Pioneer is not a premium brand? Are you saying a 2ch X800 would not be what DJM450 is to a 900nxs2?

Don’t embarass yourself further