New Prime Hardware on the Horizon?

62g6mx?

Now I pretty sure that this will not the name for new gear.

Seems like a significant improvement of ep is on the way along with a couple pieces of new gear. One seems like a mixer/controller of some sort and the other looks to be a deck.

I believe this year that the prime ecosystem will become more tightly knit.

Any pictures?

I get my info from reliable sources who present it to me only half right so I’ll get it halfway wrong lol.

1 Like

It’s exciting! I really hope for the Namm 2020! 2 weeks guys!

I know what the first “6” is in the “62g6mx”

It’s the number of times that lovers of Virtual DJ feel they have to mention their software-shag of choice on only semi-related forums every single day. #spamX6

From my point of view I wish they did not show anything but announce fix of all pain points (which they know from us) in sc5000, x1800 and engine prime. I would love to see an firmware upgrade without big new functionalities and only with fixes and small updates.

1 Like

Potentially like old Numark ways of throwing spegetti at the wall with new models rather than totally fixing and supporting existing ones. How they dealt with Rane 12 issues, which was a radical focus of resources and transparency for them, hasn’t carried over yet to other lines, but we can hope after this new stuff fills out their Prime line it will.

That’s pasta point where you can claim that auto-correct made a mistake lol :slight_smile:

Even though in-music have the numark name brand under their roof now, and probably some of the orig staff there’s zero point in saying they’re doing the same as what effectively is a different company with a different leader now, 10, 20 or 30 years on.

If it happened more than 5 years ago, it’s not worth talking about as so many or the things that COULD change, probably have.

Besides on the point of new models coming out when things are SO VERY VERY VERY OVERDUE on the prime models that are already out, well I’m sort of ok with that now, more than I would have been in those old days you speak of.

Old denon models were all quite different from each other. There were a few paired items, like the 6000 was two DNS1200 in a rack, and the hd2500 was a rack version of the DNs5000 but outside of those pairs, there was no common spine.

With prime though there IS a common spine. With prime, a new model coming out could well have 10 new features on it that CAN be moved onto the existing prime models because they all share the same OS, internal language, support innards and so on.

Maybe a new prime will have super-hyper competition stomping BPm analysis and super stretchy beatgrids. Then 3 months after the new prime family member gets mentioned, Prime firmware comes out for all existing prime models. This would be the same benefit we’ve seen on other prime sharing of resources and research. A feature gets developed and showcased on one prime model, but then gets spawned into the other prime models too. Great infrastructure.

1 Like

That was funny.

InMusic IS Numark. Numark was the original company name, and now the branding is a sub-branding and InMusic is the new parent company naming. Entirely semantics, though.

30 plus years ago Numark was also under completely different ownership and USA-made, as reputable in the DJ scene as Biamp/Advantage was and Rane became, so let’s not go back that far. For one, it’s inaccurate, and for another, unfair. I mean, Pioneer DJ makes most their stuff in Malaysia.

And I don’t mean this to be proving some impossibility of improvement, nor that there aren’t hopeful counter-examples like the Twelve, just that using resources to rapidly come out with new products while existing products continue to have problems is consistent with the trend I’ve seen from them for nearly 20 years.

I’d have preferred they stick to a smaller line and focus on that, but clearly that hasn’t happened, so I can only hope new product dev is slowed after this next batch comes out and a refocusing on what’s already out occurs… Link issues. Prime touch platter problems. VL12 issues. Etc. Yeah, Engine Prime is a big one for people.

I think there’s about zero chance of that being the order of what happens. The only thing that slightly resembled that was the way the jog bend improvement hit the firmware on the Prime 4 first.

One thing I noticed was that big feature updates have only come with new product releases. Nobody really imagined key shifting or streaming for the prime series until the prime 4 announcement.

So we should look forward to new gear, no?

Something to consider

Yes we should

In my opinion we should not.

From marketing prespective new gear is always top priority for company. Why? Because the ‘NEW’ sells and gives company profit in short term (which they can show stakeholders).

To take Pioneer down in clubs, Denon needs to think in long term, which in my opinion is perfecting already the best hardware on the market. The same with new features for Primes - most of company ‘power’ was put to them but not to fix some little quirks which are easy to do.

And what will get more hype - Serato,Tidal or colored waveforms and minor fixes. But I understand this because they need to have an definitive edge over Pioneer.

Hey but now they have it - let’s perfect the hardware and software and we are golden.

The reason I think that this is the case was that their software development dept. was not at the level to sustain creating features without funding from new products.

This has changed with with the new office in NZ. This year they should be able to sustain development without having to generate revenue with new products

Totally unrelated.

I keep hearing about this new office in NZ, but what actually has it put out? Does it take that long to actually start coding and putting out?

I’m sure this does take quite a while to wind up, but why does this keep getting mentioned without anything actually coming from them in the new shiny office?

1 Like

Cough cough - you’re forgetting the Prime 4, streaming, faster library search and a boat load of other bullet points from the last couple of firmware updates.

Jus coz your favourite or your most wanted thing hasn’t appeared doesn’t mean that nothing has appeared

1 Like

So you’re saying this came from the new location and team? From what I read they were working on a serious rewrite of the product.

They are working on the software, I can’t say if they contributed anything or not to the gear yet. I don’t think anybody can set up shop and start producing anything the next day but a lot of time past already. We have seen more frequent firmware updates lately so the pace is picking up.

Well, I can’t wait to see the results of all this.

Totally RElated I’d say. Whether we call it The Prime Eco-system or The Prime Family or simply and clinically, The Prime Group of products, there’s no denying that any time or effort put into a feature to be improved or added to Prime, usually benefits the 5000, the 5000m, Prime 4 and usually Engine and to a certain degree, the x1800 too. So research and development on Prime benefits 4 or 5 devices (so far) rather than just 1 device.

Gotta love that prime family eco-system. Work applied in one area benefits other areas - well except VL12 but vinyls come back up more times than that fish curry from the buffet that I had at Putanji & Biddus wedding the other week :-)) and isn’t worth pursuing.

I spotted a 2ch battle mixer along the lines of the reloop elite. Doesn’t match any known mixer I’ve seen and it doesn’t have a screen. It could be an updated reloop or numark brand.

I’m gonna let my imagination run wild on this one😜

It’s a Serato badged mixer but will be certified by traktor and it will have dual sound cards.

If this is a denon mixer then it looks to be laid out in a way to control other layers or to have full deck controls when using tts. And if it is a denon mixer then It will have the ethernet hub and you be able to work the mixer functions from the sc5000/m decks screens when connected. Lol

At lest we know that there’ll be at least one mixer popping up at namm