New Machine? RMX?

This would also keep the time, tempo and sync.

And here’s my idea of how a Denon DJ SC6000S would look like:

13 Likes

You forgot the “Powered by Akai” badge.

Like that a lot.

1 Like

Noise that’s some beautiful work there!!!

You nailed it!

1 Like

Thanks, I was a graphic designer back in the days, I still know some photshop :wink:

Anyway, this one was made fast and can be done better.

Need to start a petition to get Denon / Akai to build that.

2 Likes

Is beautiful ■■■

Thank you. I was referring to something like that. Very good work.

8 knobs or 4 knobs would make more sense (sticking with the current integration in the MPC range).

That aside, making an SC5000-like housing for the MPC One would be cool af and would be a def buy for me in an instant.

Where, in the list of Prime priorities of beat grid and bpm accuracy would this sampler with huge pads be placed ?

1 Like

Realistically nowhere. :-p InMusic already has a line of more than sampler/production units which can be synced up to the prime series via midi (akai MPC One, MPC Live, MPC X, and Force). People are just super stuck on syncing over Ethernet for some reason.

1 Like

Because over lan You can send more sync data then by midi. You can run literally timecode to the sampler to make your patterns super accurate sync with your tracks. Trigger via play button from any deck, instant sync with beat grid, tempo adjust when synced via lan is more accurate and instant. And many more…

1 Like

I believe some want to make a loop on the prime deck and press a pad on the sampler and the loop will load onto there and stuff like that. This is part of the hope that some believe that ethernet link bring.

1 Like

We are just playing around with ideas here :slight_smile:

Great work NoiseRiser :ok_hand: Can it toneplay? :slight_smile:

Not only some, this is my biggestbwish over this sampling method, as it is fast to make instant remixes.

@Engell - thanks Tone play depends on Denon, I just did the artwork.

And I love your artwork :slight_smile: My idea, like I told you, was more a unit like the Pioneer Remix station (a bit bigger hence the screens) so it could be placed above the mixer.

But love your work!

1 Like

Your idea looked like a very big device. A remix station is also an idea, but I think it should not be bigger then a pioneer EFX500/1000

Agreed - it was big :smiley: The spaceshuttle was ready for take-off :smiley:

Exactly that! For me personally the brand’s label on the gear doesn’t play a role - it’s about the feel and functions, and most important how the whole stuff works together! So why not “DenonDJ powered by Akai” (or whatever the united PR departments could think up ;-)? Oh, and I would buy a MPC One immediately (and decide to go all-in for Denon), but it has too many buttons and functions I don’t need - and important features are missing. The price was okay for me, but it’s simply no DJ gear.

I really don’t like AlphaTheta (dude…) and their heavily overpriced gear, but I couldn’t convince myself to buy Denon until I see the new AT-gear (and prices) and availability… Maybe a little less toys and bit more adult stuff for generating a professional ecosystem would have been a good choice for NAMM 2020…

2 Likes

All of these commands can also be handled via Midi. I would rather see the midi implementation through the mixer become expanded as opposed to locking you into one ecosystem. A lot of us already have samplers (Digitakt, MPC, DJS1000, etcetera) and would like to have the ability to use our Denon gear with them as well. The X1850 is advertised as syncing MTC data via Midi (Syncing the 4 count to the track beatgrids). Hopefully this is brought over to the X1800 as well.

1 Like