New Machine? RMX?

Seems logic. I would really sell my Maschine mk2 and Jam if the MPC had a link with Denon. Then I would probably stay completely “in house” with my gear :smiley:

LOL. I think it’s incredible that we, the customers or users of Denon, do not demand or at least ask Denon to manufacture his own sample machine. A simple machine with effects and the power to create hithat or clap to make the songs more energetic (RMX). I don’t want to be thinking while I play on all that AKAI tells me. It’s as if I go to a pioneer cabin with all its nexus and ask for an akai to sample. They would look at me weird … (Let it be recorded that my SC5000 love me more every day)

jajajaja. Me parece increible que, nosotros, los clientes o usuarios de denon no exijamos o por lo menos, pidamos a Denon que fabrique su propia maquina de samples. Una maquina sencilla con efectos y con poder de crear hithat o clap para hacer mas energeticas las canciones(RMX). Yo no quiero estar pensando mientras juego en todo eso que me dice AKAI. Es como si voy a una cabina pionner con todos sus nexus y le pido una akai para samplear. Me mirarian raro… (Que quede constancia de que mis SC5000 me encantan cada dia mas)

Sorry mate, but I don’t get what You try to tell. Can You revise Your English, please?

He’s insisting that we force Denon to make a sampler or remix deck.

I could see such a thing being handy for a few people but not many.

Just buy an akai sampler and stick a denon sticker on it

MPC One has a lan port finally, so maybe there will be a software update to make it link’able with denon?

To get a RMX/sampler/effector… one needs to produce gear to work with them. The x1800/50 is the only prime product to be able to loopback audio in a manner where you can fully use a RMX/sampler/effector.

Now, as mentioned before, I am no expert.

But this is how I see such a setup, could be possible.

Works with SC5000 / M and SC6000 / M.

Only tracks from the internal HD / SSD or connected USB can be manipulated.

And yes there should be some sound link between the unit and mixer as well…

2 Likes

Add sync/master buttons, nudge buttons, and a pitch fader as the djs-1000, and I buy it!

:joy: I know its missing some things, but thought is was close enough to an example :joy:

But good to know that you see the idea :muscle:

What do not you understand? It is easy. Demanding or strongly asking Denon to create his own RMX. I would not like to have a SC5000 or 6000 device, an 1800 and a ÀKAI´´XD. Imagine Michael Bibi asking for a booth with all the nexus equipment and an AKAI sampler. LOL

It is understandable that you would like to have an all Denon DJ equipment set-up, but, at the same time, is there something wrong with using different brands of equipment, so much so that it can adversely affect your ability to mix? Where one manufacturer shine, other may not be so great, so, logic dictates that we should seek or choose whatever equipment is performing at the highest standard for the job we do.

1 Like

Akai is the same company. Most controls, buttons and the screen are the same. Like Rane uses also.

It’s not a weird thought to just place a brand sticker on them.

1 Like

What would you do with that kind of sampler?

Hi,

Well I see some options in a device that is kinda like this.

1. Toneplay - You set some Toneplay markers in Engine Prime which can then be manipulated from here, while the track is otherwise controlled from the player.

2. Engine Samples - Kinda like Toneplay … You put some markers in Engine Prime (Oneshots / Sample points) which are either looped or played once on a press of a pad button. Sound effects (filter, flanger etc) could maybe be manipulated from this unit as well.

3. Integrated Sample bank on the right screen, which allows you to use other soundpacks directly from the unit (Like the Akai Fire) and this lets you create your own stuff.

But yeah, all integrated into one unit.

Like I said, there are missing some buttons / features - but this is just an idea of ​​how it could be :slight_smile: (in my fantasy :smiley: )

1 Like

I would add also loop capture via link from the players (like on remix decks in Traktor). While enabling CAPTURE mode on the display You could choose from wich player to get a loop. Set a loop on the deck and hit an empty pad on the sampler to capture that loop. Easy and fast way to populate the pads with samples from the track that You are currently playing for very fast remix on the fly.

2 Likes

The easiest and fastest way I found to sample is with a loop station. I’t defines sampling actually. It’s too bad the core feature that makes it a sampler will never be found in dedicated dj ones.

I wonder if people on the akai user forum have lots of requests from users asking for akai to make a DJ player :thinking:

Why? It seems that they are all interested in abelton so akai made them an abelton player :rofl:

:rofl: - exactly.

The only things Michael Bibi should be asking for is a new barber, stylist and optician