My sc5000 stopped playing and started to restart

Exactly! Good luck and hope everything turns out ok for you on the hardware side!

My sc5000 also reset when playing. I have 2 items and it depends on their humor. Sometimes they lose the entire imrpeze and sometimes one reboots every 2 minutes and I play a party from one player. I have no strength and patience with this equipment. Eternal stress

friend coretox

This is serious! A consecutive restart is a problem with the sc5000. hardware software Energy land And so on until you find the error! I hope Denon solves your problem!

I too have experinced today a problem like this! One of my SC5000 stopped to play in the middle of a set… It was only playing the first 2 BEAT after a CUE point… The track was running but non audio at all after those 2 BEAT… I had to reset it cycling the power and everything came back to life… This is NOT the first time I had problems like this one… I do not even know what to do!

Hi @DjCarlosCea,

Sorry to hear of this issue. The SC5000 should not reset itself in the middle of the set. The only time a player will power itself off is when it is about to overheat and needs to shut down in order to protect the internal components.

Was the player in direct sunlight or in a flight case that may have restricted airflow?

As a side note, I would suggest investing in a good quality USB 3.0 drive and also cleaning up your library a bit. Spaces at the end of track/file names can sometime elicit unexpected behavior in any application.

As you can see, I’m not alone with this problem. Resetting by song names? This is another point on the list to be corrected by denon. I also noticed a problem with the file analysis by the engine prime. If the song has Polish characters, ą ę ś ć ż , etc., it displays an error. I’m from Poland, I have a lot of Polish songs. So I have a problem because I have to correct song names so that the files will be analyzed and duplicated to the external disk.

1 Like

It won’t load certain tracks of mine with special characters, like an ö. If I change it to Royksopp without it, the track loads. This is definitely a defect/bug in the firmware that needs reporting. I haven’t experienced units restarting from it, though.

Gentlemen! I discovered a factory defect and I am convinced 99% that this is it. The problem of resetting. The sc5000 resets itself from vibration. Playing a party at a club where there is a lot of bass on the sc5000 could not be played. Put the players on the subwoofer and check if you are resetting. I at home just shook the player and reset. Test the player on the subwoofer on Saturday at the wedding.

Why would anyone in their right mind, set their gear ON a subwoofer?

1 Like

That was crazy! Could the subwoofer magnets generate interference on the sc5000 and deprogram it? Keep in mind that a hard drive near a magnet dies! I do not believe that the vibration is the consequence. But your theory is crazy. as long as another one does not circulate!

Interesting. I don’t think that’s occurring on mine, at least not restarting. I did this after the instance of one of their touch going nuts near what I thought was a lot of vibration, but clearly if they can handle the Labhorns, mine aren’t afflicted with such a problem. It was a good theory, though, but the touch calibration, static electricity, or grounding stuff seemed to be the culprit on mine. I’d be interested in seeing a video of you demonstrating the restart on vibration, though.

Crazy but the easiest way to check it out. You do not need to give the sc5000 directly to the subwoofer. It can stand on a solarium 2 - 3 meters away or, as in clubs, subwoofers are under the dja stage. Vibration goes to the table and then to the players.

It was my observation because the players both worked for 3 hours but the master in the mixer had completely reduced. (in home conditions) Then I took the sc5000 into my hands and I shook it and reset it. I carried out the test 3 times.

In any case, I will advertise the players anyway because it’s already nervous

And they completely rebooted when you shook them with a little solid state flash drive and the power cable firmly in?

That’s how he normally hung up and reset.

Can you rephrase that? Hard to understand.

Hello friends! after seeing several comments on the reasons why my sc5000 could restart. I tell them that I went back to using my low reading 2.0 sandisc that generated my problem! but this time use the rear ports 3.0 and for more than 2 hours there is no problem. Also keep in mind that the pendrive heats up less unlike the front port. I also imagine that being a flac file requires more than 15 MB of reading to be fluent and relaxed. I still await the arrival of my 3.0 high-speed pendrive and the USB 3.0 extensions that adapt to the front loading.

For now I only expect improvements in the engine. improve analysis and more accurate fine grid configuration on sc5000 (middle terms)

Reading a FLAC or WAV file shouldn’t even be a problem with USB2 also. Normal speed of USB2 is about 25MB/s, so within a few seconds a file is opened and the SC will load that whole track in memory anyway.

But if it’s a working solution for people having problems, I’m in no way against your advice!

I’m sick of reading posts that attribute bugs in the decks to bad quality drives, it’s becoming almost a superstition.

If a computer program finds issues when reading from a drive, it should manage the error in a sensible manner - ie: showing an error message, and skipping the file or asking the user what to do.

The decks restarting or not being able to read the library due to a “bad quality drive” is unacceptable and sloppy coding. I’m not saying that faulty drives won’t cause issues, I’m saying that those errors need to be managed gracefully.

In coding jargon, I suspect that the code is managing all the IO errors by just swallowing the exception and not doing anything, when not directly crashing.

1 Like

True, but USB has always been a problem with computers etc…

In the old days you should stay away from VIA chipsets and prefer Intel. RME-audio therefore even built their own USB controller in their audio devices to be able to program changes to support more diverse chipsets.

With USB3 this became worse, but eventually settled.

I use several SanDisk Extreme Pros in my day job and last week I had a problem that one of the flashdrives was not showing its volume anymore on any computer. Next day no problems anymore. Could be heat or static, but still very weird.

I’m not saying that there are no issues, I’m saying that IO issues when reading from media need to handled, not silently ignored.

Do you mean that the device is simply not detected by the system? In that case as long as the drive is seen in another system or in the laptop, and due to the numerous amount of users reporting drive issues with the Primes, it’s then a hardware issue, and I don’t believe the numbers are “normal”.