My sc5000 stopped playing and started to restart

Can you rephrase that? Hard to understand.

Hello friends! after seeing several comments on the reasons why my sc5000 could restart. I tell them that I went back to using my low reading 2.0 sandisc that generated my problem! but this time use the rear ports 3.0 and for more than 2 hours there is no problem. Also keep in mind that the pendrive heats up less unlike the front port. I also imagine that being a flac file requires more than 15 MB of reading to be fluent and relaxed. I still await the arrival of my 3.0 high-speed pendrive and the USB 3.0 extensions that adapt to the front loading.

For now I only expect improvements in the engine. improve analysis and more accurate fine grid configuration on sc5000 (middle terms)

Reading a FLAC or WAV file shouldn’t even be a problem with USB2 also. Normal speed of USB2 is about 25MB/s, so within a few seconds a file is opened and the SC will load that whole track in memory anyway.

But if it’s a working solution for people having problems, I’m in no way against your advice!

I’m sick of reading posts that attribute bugs in the decks to bad quality drives, it’s becoming almost a superstition.

If a computer program finds issues when reading from a drive, it should manage the error in a sensible manner - ie: showing an error message, and skipping the file or asking the user what to do.

The decks restarting or not being able to read the library due to a “bad quality drive” is unacceptable and sloppy coding. I’m not saying that faulty drives won’t cause issues, I’m saying that those errors need to be managed gracefully.

In coding jargon, I suspect that the code is managing all the IO errors by just swallowing the exception and not doing anything, when not directly crashing.

1 Like

True, but USB has always been a problem with computers etc…

In the old days you should stay away from VIA chipsets and prefer Intel. RME-audio therefore even built their own USB controller in their audio devices to be able to program changes to support more diverse chipsets.

With USB3 this became worse, but eventually settled.

I use several SanDisk Extreme Pros in my day job and last week I had a problem that one of the flashdrives was not showing its volume anymore on any computer. Next day no problems anymore. Could be heat or static, but still very weird.

I’m not saying that there are no issues, I’m saying that IO issues when reading from media need to handled, not silently ignored.

Do you mean that the device is simply not detected by the system? In that case as long as the drive is seen in another system or in the laptop, and due to the numerous amount of users reporting drive issues with the Primes, it’s then a hardware issue, and I don’t believe the numbers are “normal”.

I’m an IT consultant/engineer and the drive I mentioned isn’t used for Prime.

The drive showed up in device manager (each time plugging in/out), but not in disk manager. Tested it on several computers, laptops and servers at my disposal just to make sure I could return it to the reseller under warranty.

Next day up until now it works again…flabbergasted. @andyfoz yes the renowned brand :joy:

As for Prime hardware, I think the problem could all be about good grounding. Platters, drives, screens, restarts.

Ok, I’m sure that was the case. I’m not sure that’s the case in every occasion for all the users reporting issues with the decks that some people tend to attribute to faulty drives.

In the case of the OP, the decks were working and then shut down. I would not say that follows the same pattern you mention in your case. To me, that’s likely to be a crash.

Hello friends! There is some kind of information about why the sc5000 cover is reset. After a while, today it happened again with tray 2 while adjusting a theme. using sandisk 2.0 front loading. towards the revision of the library update.

another question. The network cable. What category is 5e?

Thank you

Both of my Denon SC5000’s Do this too at random mid set. I use USB 3.0 Drives and use a X1800 mixer. Its unclear why they reset and its completely random when they do. Often when one resets the other bugs out too. I’ve fully updated them and reset them multiple times but no luck. the other day they did a reset at a gig :frowning: Should i contact Denon about this? is this grounds to get a new pair under warranty?

No, but it is grounds for you to maybe clean your files from shitty metadata that is embedded within them (from non-standard characters to too large jpg cover arts)

Mind you, if Denon did their job bettter units should not restart themselves when they find such track but…

Most of my files are very clean in the sense of non-standard characters to too large jpg cover arts. This bug usually happens to me mid performance when tracks are playing and not when i’m loading up new tracks.

If only one unit does it then it might be a hardware problem (Denon is not great with QC). Both units - most likely an external issue.

We have posts here showing jogwheel issue with EM fields from unshielded monitor speakers and radio-sets.

Hi friends After a year of bugs and minor issues with the sc5000 since its purchase, I made the decision to sell it. they say the sc6000 is more stable. Today we are in the process of opening by covid … I have not yet decided which machines to use in the future … but they will not be sc5000 again. I already had an experience and it was not good. Thanks.