MCX8000 Stutters

I bought an MCX back in Feb 2018. All was fine until December and the first Xmas arty when the music stuttered for a split second. After a few times sound went all distorted. Was fine after a reboot of laptop and controller. Bench tested at home with different laptops, cables etc and updated the firmware but same thing kept happening. It went back to Denon who could not find fault but replaced memory modules. It has not had much use this year as use the reliable MC6000. I have used the 8000 a few times recently and then the same problem has reappeared. I also notice that the left waveform display is blank but song plays and then at some point the display will catch up. Fault happens in standalone also and I notice that the left deck when the pause button is pressed does not stop immediately but plays on for a couple of seconds very slowly. I have been in touch with supplier who says it only has 1 year warranty. Not impressed after spending all that money. Any advice or ideas as to what could be wrong and how to proceed. Thanks in advance

As far as I know, your supplier should have offered a 3 years warranty for MCX8000. One courious thing is that some authorised Denon DJ dealers don’t have the MCX8000 in stock anymore. It’s like they know something we don’t and I am referring to the possibility that MCX8000 coud be discontinued. I hope I am wrong about this.

It’s one year in the UK which is pretty poor. But all manufacturers are generally the same.

After that it’s up to you to argue with the retailer in regard to the sale of goods act unfortunately.

The thing that worries me is that the MCX8000 doesn’t seem to have great reliability. I have had several components replaced in my one already and its just over 2 years old. Conversely I have a DJM-500 mixer bought in 1999 which still works perfectly.

It’s the effect of consumerism and bad quality control policies, lack of respect for the customers and no manufacturers pride for the product. All these things translate into one word - board of directors greed. Although my statement above may be considered offensive by some, it is only a critic and reflects a personal opinion expressed based on the freedom of thought and freedom of speech. No matter how much respect I have for Denon brand, I can’t be ignorant to some things that have the potential to tarnish Denon DJ image. Denon DJ have a great history and heritage behind it, but it is a shame that all the effort put into innovation of great product to be eclipsed by reliability and functionality issues that needs to be addressed in a professional and responsible manner by the people put in charge to oversee every product released on the market. Yes it cost money to develop and test the functionality of every component, but it’s how good things are done and that’s how you earn the trust of the people who use your equipments. The MCX8000 users must use a compromise solution in order to use it. Initially, you had the Engine software developed especially for MCX8000 and it was decided to stop the development of this software in favour of Engine Prime integration which is a software not designed especially for this equipment, but who must convert the database into a language that MCX8000 understands. Then we have all the Prime series products with problems of their own, described in many posts on this forum by many users. One cannot ask the question: why? Why do we have to have issues with equipment supposed to be used in a professional environment and designed by a company that is more than capable of delivering high-quality equipment? Maybe some people who buy the equipment choose to stay silent and hope for the best (praying not to happen to them). Maybe some people choose to simply resell the equipment to others and avoid all the aggravations. I personally, choose to express my feelings and my opinions freely and the intension is not to offend someone but to raise awareness. The motive is simple: care. Care for Denon DJ image and for the people who work hard to innovate and bring us equipments that allow us to express ourselves and put smiles on dancer’s faces and joy into our hearts.

Hello @morphy, sorry to hear about your issues with your MCX8000. Please contact our Technical Support team via Denon DJ Support Form so that we may provide you with proper support for your controller.

It would be nice to get some feedback directly from Denon. Not please contact our service department. Support on the forum please. It doesn’t look good that nobody is commenting on these issues as if they know but will not talk about the issues or resolve them. Its a $2000 piece of kit in Canada and I have had mine for 2 months and encountered an issue last night during a gig. Really not cool! I had to re install the firmware this morning, luckily I was able to fix the issue because tonight I have another party. The problem was DISPLAY MCU MISSING & DISPLAY ASSETS MISSING.

That’s 3 words more than 1 word. That’s being greedy that is.

It’s so easy to blindly attach every gripe to a single thing. But usually multiple factors are in play

I was on Facebook on a DJ group and I chatted with someone who has not encountered any problems since has owned his MCX8000. Its nice to hear that some people have no issues at all with the controllers. I guess that leaves me with hope that my new controller will work with no flaws.

I have been in touch with the supplier and now dealing with them

1 Like

You could try increasing the latency number in the dj software settings to see if the stutters go away. If they go, you know it’s a laptop latency issue.

Trying testing the latency with a setting of like 100ms or 128ms - see if the stutter goes away