LC6000 live in action

Don’t shoot the messenger, but I can safely say that 73 likes were made out of +7000 forum users on the smart crate/playlist topic. So it looks more like 99% for the other camp. :wink:

I’m not against the feature, just stating numbers. Sorry mate.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen somebody so confident in what he’s saying…and yet so wrong. :smiley:

You’re probably refereing to hid mapping for ultra-tight jogwheel response and that is true, but literally any standard midi controller jogwheel can be mapped in traktor and can be used to scratch (if you can adapt your style to compensate for slower response from it).

4 Likes

So how did my mapping work? How did I map controllers like DDJ-1000, VMS4, VMS5, Some reloops, Denon SC2000, Denon SC2900??? How did I made that jog wheel do it’s job? Magic? Hm… seems like… LoL :joy:

Statistically speaking we can’t make any inferences simply by comparing all registered forum users vs number of likes for a particular feature

That’s wrong stats

1 Like

I’m stating “active” accounts. Not suspended or inactive.

Anyway, the “99% wants this feature” is BS and statistically incorrect as well. :relieved:

How about “topic views”? Don’t know if counted as uniquely, but the topic got 1200 views and 73 likes. Still no 99%. :nerd_face:

My feature request about dual waveform display received “only 34 likes” and will be implemented…so 73 likes is like an obvious priority, no ? If all DJ softwares, including Traktor recently, offer this feature, I think it’s because it’s a must have nowadays

True, but dual waveform was already early on the agenda. Hence the extra hardware and bigger screens. Like I said, I’m certainly not against it, just gave a realistic view of “everyone wants/needs it”

There are a lot of requests with large numbers of likes. We just have to wait what when how.

As with all opted features or basic stuff; probably 99% will answer “yes please”.

Where’s my metronome!!?? :joy:

im obviously talking about a fully responsive jog wheel as i said earlier in the thread, do keep up.

Personally I don’t need smart playlist too…the only feature I really miss is “remove from collection AND delete file” :rofl:

you can lol all you want, the jog wheel you mapped would have been laggy leading any traktor user to feel disgruntled that there £1000+ devices are not really supported, i am just repeating myself now.

your no doubt a good mapper but believe me you havent cracked the holy grail of the traktor jog wheel debarcle thats plagued its users for years.

the traktor forum is pretty much dead, this is not a true reflection of its current users, i think only me and 10 others use it regularly.

That brings us to 6 percent. See how quickly the figures change.

Maybe if we use the comments for and against the data can change again

1 Like

No, you’re not obvious. Nowhere did you say “hid jogwheels” and you kept saying shaite like “nobody can…map a jogwheel in traktor…and scratch…dream on” AND now when called upon you double down.

Get the f out of here mate, why is it so hard to just say “Hey, yes I was talking about HID for jogwheels, sorry about that”?!?!

1 Like

And thats cool.

DJs usually stick with what they know for a long time i.e Creature of Habit (speaking using a sample of 1 - myself) especially if you are doing this professionally (getting paid).

I have been using Serato since 2010 but did not start using Smart crates till 2017/18. I think it coincided with the time I committed to 3 residencies per week and the amount of Music I was downloading increased.

I wanted to cut down some library management time and automate things a bit, if there is a feature that will sort my songs into crates as per my own rules…so I explored smart crates and haven’t looked back since then.

Its a handy feature to have as an option.

1 Like

I know you love statistics. :sunglasses: I find that “science” a complete nonsense. Just used it to my advantage.

Move along. Perhaps getting back to the LC subject?!

4 Likes

If I can scratch the track on Traktor using a midi mapped jog wheel - this is responsive enough to play happily with this. Without noticeable issues or lags… Grow up to a game that you started to play. I see people have already enough of Your bull s**t…

Yes! Sure it is, some people love it! For me it’s useless but it’s always cool to have features for all users and workflows

@ gents, be nice. Agree to disagree. :wink:

1 Like

While everybody’s discussing jogwheel properties in Traktor I’ve been imagining what the screen could do.

We all know about the trick with the hc4500 and how it’s screen info was applied on to other denon controllers.

Could the screen on the jog be set to receive the hc4500 info? That would give more it of a hid feel.

Talking about LC6000 marketing strategy… I think they nailed it, as I’m visiting denondj.com and the forum at least twice a day since they appeared in the Dj Pierre video… :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes